Are these speakers any good?

mooky

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 28, 2003
Messages
76
Hello all,

I was recently browsing speakers and came across the Sicruo 5.1's . They look REALLY cool, but I was just wondering if any of you have heard any bad/good things about them. I looked for reviews and got everything from A-Z. Please let me know im interested in getting these :). Thanks for reading

~Mooky
 
ive bought and tested the 2.1 gaming speakers from the same company, they sound *ok* but i have higher standards for sound than most (audiophile i guess would be what you cal me). im sure you will be happy with them though. i just wouldn't expect anything spectacular.
 
It's pretty simple.
Do you watch your speakers or listen to them?
Cause if you watch them then it's a no brainer. :D

Edit: Wantch?
 
Mister X said:
It's pretty simple.
Do you wantch your speakers or listen to them?
Cause if you watch them then it's a no brainer. :D
Agreed. Look at one of the Newegg comments:

THIS SPEAKER IS THE GREATEST THAT I'VE EVER SEEN. THE LIGHTING EFFECT IS SO COOL!!!!!!!
 
stunna said:
You can do a lot better with that price

What do you suggest I get? Im looking to spend around 100+, I want like a 4.1 or so, but 7.1 is too much. I like kilpsch, but I think they are FAR too expensive for me :(.
 
mooky said:
What do you suggest I get? Im looking to spend around 100+, I want like a 4.1 or so, but 7.1 is too much. I like kilpsch, but I think they are FAR too expensive for me :(.

Man..those things are $175. For that price.. you can get some Logitech THX Z-680's refurbed at justdeals.com. http://store.yahoo.com/justdeals/logitechz680.html They got some Logitech thx Z-5300's there for like $95 too.
If you don't like refurb.. there are a lot of good speakers in that pricerange... or even less.
 
the budget logitech x-530 5.1 set would work OK in that price range. No 5.1 speakers for under $100 are exactly going to give you world class audio, though :). next up would be the logi z-5300 or refurb 680s, as the previous poster suggested. creative don't appear to have anything between $100 and $400 (gigaworks), at least not that I can see, and neither do klipsch, so your choices aren't wide.
 
refurbished is just when its used and they make it look new or something right?

The speakers I have now are Altec Lansing 4.1's from probably around 1999. they still actually work really well but every once in a while the speakers get all crackly and stuff and I have to bang the speaker around a bit to get it working. :mad:
 
refurbished is just when its used and they make it look new or something right?

Nope.... it's kind of a catch all phrase they use to label products that are not (for whatever reason) the same as their normal retail crap.

For instance a lot of places offer refurbished Onkyo receivers that usually only have scratches or dents.
The downside is they shorten the warrantee period on those items.
 
The typical reccomendation that I give for that price range is to get the Klipsh PM THX 2.1 set. It is a pretty good product for that application.
 
AdamW said:
the budget logitech x-530 5.1 set would work OK in that price range. No 5.1 speakers for under $100 are exactly going to give you world class audio, though :). next up would be the logi z-5300 or refurb 680s, as the previous poster suggested. creative don't appear to have anything between $100 and $400 (gigaworks), at least not that I can see, and neither do klipsch, so your choices aren't wide.

jeeze, you make it sound like no one makes good speakers. i doubt he's creating professional music.

Those Sicuro suck. MaxPC reviewed them and they gave em a 3 out of 10. You'd like the x-530's. They are well in your price range and sound good too.
 
mooky said:
What do you suggest I get? Im looking to spend around 100+, I want like a 4.1 or so, but 7.1 is too much. I like kilpsch, but I think they are FAR too expensive for me :(.
personally i'd probably get the promedias cause they sound pretty good or i'd try to get the swan M200 cause i've heard good things about them.
they are 2.0 speakers
 
haha yeah. those sicuros are good if you like gimmicky plastic garbage. they look bad, and i bet they sound even worse. i'd put my vote in for the 2.1 klipsch or altecs
 
Honestly, at that price point, I would only be considering 2.1 or 2.0. You may, of course, do as you wish.
 
are 2.1 good fo FPS games? I like to hear where people are coming from and my 4.1s right now do a pretty good job. I dont like headphones for some reason :(, I got something aganist them and im not sure what.
 
mooky said:
are 2.1 good fo FPS games? I like to hear where people are coming from and my 4.1s right now do a pretty good job. I dont like headphones for some reason :(, I got something aganist them and im not sure what.


Umm, yes, I think they are good. Audio opinion is highly subjective, however, so you should try it out if you are really concerned about the investment. With that said, speakers are much different than headphones. A To me, the impression from a 2.1 speaker rig is much, MUCH more similar to a 5.1 speaker rig than it is to a set of headphones.
 
Davenow said:
Maximum PC reviewed those and said they were complete junk.

and we should all trust a company that praises logitechs as the king of kings when it comes to MM spkrs, right?
 
PinchyCM said:
and we should all trust a company that praises logitechs as the king of kings when it comes to MM spkrs, right?

C'mon we all know they are junk :p
 
nah, i've owned the sets for a short period of time, just to give them a try. none of which even hold a flame to a set of ultras or gigaworks, to also of which, i have owned.

max pc shouldn't be one to judge speakers. they have a 16yr old's taste in SQ, which means they could care less about anything else but loudy bleedy bass.
 
Ok, logitech are decent speaker sets that would work fine for your application - my suggestion if you want 4 channel surround go with 2 sets of klipsch 2.1- watch their website for refrubs or take a look around for sales - klipsch.com
I found these less expensive (less performing too) klipsch 2.0 -
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewprodu...=36-119-107&CMP=OTC-pr1c3watch&ATT=Multimedia
If you dont like bass - they seem to do fine.
My suggestion would be to look at the logitech sets if you can afford high dollar - look at the Z-5300 or if you can find it on clearance the Z-560 4.1 set -
http://store.yahoo.com/justdeals/9700550403.html $73.90 free ship refurbished( retail went for $199.)
If you can afford it, I would look hard at the klipsch 2.1 and add the 2.0 set for the rear channels as another option.
See if you can find someone selling their old Klipsch 4.1's some place - they simply rock.
 
HvyMtl said:
If you can afford it, I would look hard at the klipsch 2.1 and add the 2.0 set for the rear channels as another option.

For that price, he could almost get the promedia ultras which are far superior than either of the two
 
I like those klipsch speakers, seems like kind of a lot for 2.1, but ive heard klipsch is the best. can I still use the sound card (SB Live Vaule!) card?
 
mooky said:
I like those klipsch speakers, seems like kind of a lot for 2.1, but ive heard klipsch is the best. can I still use the sound card (SB Live Vaule!) card?

sure can, but that'd be a bottleneck. consider going 2.1 with a Chaintech av710. Only what, 20 bucks?
 
Back
Top