Are there any 2560x1600 (120Hz+) Monitors?

TFchris

[H]ard|Gawd
Forgive me if there have already been previous topics regarding this matter. But I was wondering, are there any monitors out there with 2560x1600 resolution with 120Hz+ refresh rate?

(or at very least 90Hz...?)

I know there are 2560x1440's.. I myself have a catleap, but non-2B, and it's too much of a hassle for me to install a OC pcb.

Just interested in 2560x1600, thanks

No, and all of the Korean 30" panels lack sRGB modes=inaccurate & over-saturated colors for consumer media. Some of the name brand 30" have sRGB modes but you either have to deal with CCFL back-lit 30" with poor black levels & grainy matte coatings or the Dell 3014 which suffers from obvious overshoot ghosting, has high input lag unless the game mode is enabled but the game mode uses the Dell's native wide gamut, has locked color controls & poor colors (this applies to most Dell monitors). The Korean 1440p IPS/PLS options have better colors vs. the non high end 30" models sRGB modes.

The Glossy & Matte Qnix QX2710+X-Star DP2710 are over-clockable (96hz minimum usually)

Last edited:
I guess my dream of 144Hz 4k displays anytime soon was just pure silliness eh? T__T

There is no limit in the DVI specification. tempest owner have reached above 120Hz@1440p using 24G DL-DVI cables.

DVI was build to last, HDMI was build to squeeze your money upgrading everything every 2 years.

There is no limit in the DVI specification. tempest owner have reached above 120Hz@1440p using 24G DL-DVI cables.

DVI was build to last, HDMI was build to squeeze your money upgrading everything every 2 years.

Except no one is maintaining the DVI spec anymore....AAMOF, no one has been maintaining the spec for years. Intel, AMD and a bunch of other companies announced in 2010 that they were abandoning DVI (and VGA) in favord of DisplayPort and HDMI. Don't expect any DVI updates, ever again.

I guess my dream of 144Hz 4k displays anytime soon was just pure silliness eh?

You will need to wait at least until DisplayPort 1.3 if not longer. As you can see in the charts in the previous link, the current version of DisplayPort (1.2) doesn't have the bandwidth to go above 60Hz.

LCD panels are already able to have a refresh rate all the way up to 240 Hz. It is the input and timing controllers that have been lagging behind which is why we don't have such displays yet.

Back