Are Projectors suitable for Reading and Coding?

mtbvfr

Weaksauce
Hi Folks,

In my attempts to find solutions for my SEVERE eyestrain, I would like to know if Projectors are suitable for Reading and Coding?

I read an old post somewhere that suggests Projectors are fine for movies and games but aren't so sharp when it comes to uses for text.

I look forward to your feedback and any recommendations.

Thanks,

Actually a good projector will have much higher contrast than an LCD monitor. However you will need a room with very dark walls to take advantage of it.

Their contrast is absolute crap, so it might be worse.

Actually, a good projector's contrast and quality is far superior to any LCD monitor's.

OP, as far as text goes on them, modern LCD projectors display text perfectly :).

No this will not work. Do a search on AVSforums finding people asking the same questions. I have browsed the web before on several of my projectors and used one as a main monitor for 4 months.

It causes your eyes to strain after a while, and this is coming from someone who doesnt have a problem with any normal LCD or CRT monitor regardless of the hz. Not to mention the cost of bulb replacements when using them all the time, they start to get noticeably dimmer at ~500-800 hours and starts to annoy me around 1000. A lot of bulbs will pop before 2000 hours in my experience, even though some have bogus 3500 hour ratings.

If you want to try it make sure to get a DLP based projector as they are the sharpest for text, but keep in mind you were warned.

Back