Are non-reference TITANS coming?

I'm not so sure.

There were/are some PCBs that differ from reference with the 670/680.
Haven't seen any odd ones wit the 690 though.

But..........over time, with some of the partners that can actually design and manufacture their own boards.......ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte, Sapphire.......I'd wager somewhere we'll see this.........just not too soon since there aren't any reference models yet available......

one thing's for sure, they won't be cheap.:D

670/680's are mainstream "inexpensive" chips. Titan is not and NVIDIA has already stated there will only be the reference design produced by them.

670/680's are mainstream "inexpensive" chips. Titan is not and NVIDIA has already stated there will only be the reference design produced by them.
Huh ? Where exactly did NVIDIA say that ?
Only reliable sources I've read about non-reference Titan are Guru3D and AnandTech. And they're contradicting to each other.

If EVGA gave the titan an updated classified cooling solution(bigger radial fan) it would probably push me to make an extremely irresponsible financial decision.:eek:

Haha hilarious post, I feel the same way if they release a 3gb part I will be forced to make a somewhat irresponsible financial decision.

CeBIT 2013 starts on March 5th, so it won't be long until we get an answer to this non-reference PCB question.

There will be no non-reference design coolers. I spoke with EVGA the other day about my Titans and asked them a few other questions while I had them on the line:

1) nVidia is not allowing manufacturers to alter the reference design of the Titan, including heat shroud, pcb, and voltage
2) Waterblocks will obviously be allowed (for people like EVGA with the hydrocoppers)
2) According to the rep *most likely* the only way to push the voltage will probably be through a hardware mod, but he said he wasn't 100% on this.

The Titan is being treated like the 690, no non-reference designs for the heatsink/casing and no changes to the PCB. Notice that the EVGA superclocked and signature this time around are for very little extra and the overclocks that they get are minimal (easily achievable by yourself) and the designs haven't been altered.

http://translate.google.no/translat...ront-ljus-for-skraddarsydda-geforce-gtx-titan

Woohoo, great if true.

Maybe some partners can fix this power issue/throttling. May not be the best thing to buy water blocks for stock cards at the moment.

Nice. I'm willing to wait out a little before I put some cash down. Would love to see some custom Titans that OC like hell.

There will be no non-reference design coolers. I spoke with EVGA the other day about my Titans and asked them a few other questions while I had them on the line:

1) nVidia is not allowing manufacturers to alter the reference design of the Titan, including heat shroud, pcb, and voltage
2) Waterblocks will obviously be allowed (for people like EVGA with the hydrocoppers)
2) According to the rep *most likely* the only way to push the voltage will probably be through a hardware mod, but he said he wasn't 100% on this.

The Titan is being treated like the 690, no non-reference designs for the heatsink/casing and no changes to the PCB. Notice that the EVGA superclocked and signature this time around are for very little extra and the overclocks that they get are minimal (easily achievable by yourself) and the designs haven't been altered.

Most of us already know what Nvidia initially stated when Titans were first released. This info isn't anything new.

Well apparently I'm wrong...
http://www.technationnews.com/2013/...ightning-edition-graphics-card-at-cebit-2013/
The last few lines mention that visitors would be able to see MSI’s latest GeForce GTX Titan Lightning Edition graphics card on display along with other new Twin Frozr and Lightning series GPUs. It should be noted that the MSI’s GeForce GTX Lightning GPU would be a custom edition GPU fitted with a non-reference PCB featuring much powerful VRM/electrical phases and components along with a factory overclock possibly clocked around the 950 MHz mark. Ofcourse, the Lightning series GPUs can be further overclocked and break record breaking scores in 3DMark Fire Strike, the tech demo would be bundled as a promotion with these GPUs.

Ya, that info from EVGA could be the original "old" news. NVIDIA can change their mind.

Perhaps Nvidia changed their stance due to the higher than expected interest on these Titans.

EVGA will tell you that to sell you a product, period.
EVGA does not sell any products.....excepting some "classified" models, that don't have standard reference cooling.
Yes, they have a waterblock model.....block made by or designed by Swiftech or (used to be) DangerDen.
I will be willing to bet we'll see non-stock coolers after the first run of cards is sold out.

PCB-voltage? who knows..........I'd bet voltage adjustment will be do-able via software to some small degree.

But, since EVGA doesn't manufacture anything, of course they are going to tell you NVidia won't let anybody modify their Titan.....otherwise you'd buy that one all things being equal......

wait for CeBIT and see what ASUS and MSI are bringing to the table.....

EVGA will tell you that to sell you a product, period.
EVGA does not sell any products.....excepting some "classified" models, that don't have standard reference cooling.
Yes, they have a waterblock model.....block made by or designed by Swiftech or (used to be) DangerDen.
I will be willing to bet we'll see non-stock coolers after the first run of cards is sold out.

PCB-voltage? who knows..........I'd bet voltage adjustment will be do-able via software to some small degree.

But, since EVGA doesn't manufacture anything, of course they are going to tell you NVidia won't let anybody modify their Titan.....otherwise you'd buy that one all things being equal......

wait for CeBIT and see what ASUS and MSI are bringing to the table.....

That wasn't just EVGA about the reference design, nvidia said it as well. Their rep even said that on the Titan livestream from I forgot which website it was, I'd have to find it. Either way apparently NVIDIA decided to change their minds on this so it's all moot anyway, I wonder if they'll allow for returns of Titans based on their change in opinion for the whole debacle. Or maybe EVGA's step up program will let you bump up to their non reference versions if and when they come out.

According to MSI rep:

It is a mathematical possibility that I will have some plans at some point about some type of custom card related to a probable GeForce GTX (insert offer here) card.

Definitely sounds like they're cooking something in the kitchen.

What if they just can't see very far into the foreseeable future? :p

From NVIDIA....

Titan is 100% Nvidia boards. No custom...no custom coolers / stickers either with the only exception that water blocks are allowed to be pre-installed.

I would expect splashback if AIBs do...

Back