Aquaero Question and Answer Thread

Slap it over :D

The "naked" VFD has no filters or something similar.

Shoggy said:
Slap it over :D

The "naked" VFD has no filters or something similar.

Sweetness... thanks.

Hey, you know... if you're going to be pimping your PC you gotta slap it around a little to keep it in line.

VFD betta' have mah stats! VFD betta' have all mah stats!

BellaCroix said:
Does the VFD already have a gel installed? Do I need to remove that first (like inverting an LCD) or just slap the new colored film over top of the display?

No and it goes between the VFD glass and the rear of the faceplate.

Two questions....

If im using a temp probe taped to the side of my A64 IHS for the radiator fan speed, should the fan be set to linear adjustment? or temperature adjustment? I want the fan to speed up within +-5-8 degrees celcius when gaming etc and slow down when its back to idle.

And what kind of LED's can be used on the aero's LED pins? I went to radioshack and theres tons of types. 300mcd? 1.4mcd? 1.7vdc? 12vdc? 30ma? 20ma? lol

Dillusion said:
And what kind of LED's can be used on the aero's LED pins? I went to radioshack and theres tons of types. 300mcd? 1.4mcd? 1.7vdc? 12vdc? 30ma? 20ma? lol

The Aquaero instructions indicate the specs on the LED is as follows: 20 mA, 3-4 vDC.

mA = max forward current
vDC = max DC reverse current

The other spec you listed, mcd, indicates the brightness of the LED in logical order (i.e. lower numbers are dimmer, higher numbers are brighter)... it's sometimes also listed as lv (luminous intensity)

You'll sometimes also see specs of the actual color of the light output, usually expressed in K (Kelvin), or alternatively lpk. Not all "blue" bulbs are really all that blue. The ones I got from my local Radio Shack were a little more purple than the blue LEDs I bought from FrozenCPU.

Some LEDs will also show the viewing angle. This would be expressed in a measurement in degrees and relates to how wide the output of a LED is.

So i mounted the LED's in their housing and inthe 3 pin molex. I did it just like the aqua-computer LED assembly. both ground wires in one hole, and one PWR to red and one PWR to blue. Now i cant figure out how to make them work on the aquasuite.

The blue LED is working fine just like im using one LED, but the red LED is just blinking randomely. I have both LED's set to the same sensor with manual setting off, and blink with alarm.

ANy ideas on how to set it up to make the red led during gaming and blue led during idle?

I just received my VFD from It-trade but there is something wrong with the screen. There is a black burn mark. Is this normal?
DSC01973.JPG

I've contacted IT-trade and is awaiting a response.

That's normal. Has to do with the manufacturing of the display. Every VFD has this black dot ;)

ae_naked.jpg

On the upper left cornrer you can see my black dot :D

Maybe you want to create your own front bezel because the VFD is a bit smaller and does not fit correctly. My solution: *click* :cool:

Shoggy said:
That's normal. Has to do with the manufacturing of the display. Every VFD has this black dot ;)

ae_naked.jpg

On the upper left cornrer you can see my black dot :D

Maybe you want to create your own front bezel because the VFD is a bit smaller and does not fit correctly. My solution: *click* :cool:

I see, thanks. I thought I got a defective item. I would hate to ship it back to IT-trade.

Shoggy said:

That's PIMP! Wanna make another one for me?

I'm sure it's already been discussed somewhere but there's WAY too many pages of Aquaero Q&As to pour over all of them so I'll be lazy and ask it again (sorry):

Is there really any reason to purchase the Aquaero relay connector? It looks to me like it's just an ATX extender with an extra length of wire spiced into one of the wires and a two-pin connector on the end. Am I missing something? Has anyone ever just modified the ATX wire from the PSU to DIY a relay? Anyone know what wire it is? Is it different on a 24-pin ATX vs a 20-pin ATX?

I don't much care if it will be able to turn the PC on from the Aquaero control (I have a power switch to do that) or that it will be able to power-on the Aquaero without powering on the PC... I just really like the ability to have the Aquareo shut down the PC should something bad happen.

Any feedback would be appreciated (okay, any correct and useful feedback).

Since there was confusion the last time I asked, the item I'm talking about is this thing: The Aquaero ATX power standby adapter cable.

i always thought that relay was to shut the computer off in the event of an alarm on the aquaero (ie, pump failure, temps, etc.). other than that it has no value other than it requires that ugly as cable which is 20pin and won't work on DFI boards that require a 24 pin connector.

Yes, I know... that's what I want it to do (shut off the power in event of alarm / failure).

The "ugly-ass" cable is the reason I'm asking... I would rather mod a 24-pin PC P&C cable to work with the Aquaero if possible since I'm not going to limit my MoBo choices based on a fan controller (regardless of how great it is).

I bought the "ugly ass 20 pin model" just to see how to mod my Turbo Cool 510 SLI PSU.

Top Nurse said:
I bought the "ugly ass 20 pin model" just to see how to mod my Turbo Cool 510 SLI PSU.

And what have you learned from that purchase? Am I missing something, is there an inline resistor somewhere I'm not seeing, or some sort of solid-state relay, or does it work by summoning the forces of darkeness?

If it's the last one, will modding it incorrectly open a portal to the Netherworld and teleport me to Berlin?

I learned that it was a waste of money because it is also all laid out in the AC English manual. I will post a pic later today for you. Whatever you do don't pick thge last option or you WILL end up in an AC prison tortured with silver blocks you will never be able to own. :eek:

So can someone tell me the way to hook up the Samurize and JalCD's setup to the Aquaero? I remember that R1ckCa1n had some pics up but they aren't showing anymore. :(

So can someone tell me the way to hook up the Samurize and JalCD's setup to the Aquaero? I remember that R1ckCa1n had some pics up but they aren't showing anymore. :(

I found all but one and reposted them for your reveiw.

Back