Apple Wanted 'Laptop Hunters' Ads Pulled

HardOCP News

[H] News
You know your ad campaign is doing well when Apple’s lawyers call you. Considering Apple's own "I'm a Mac" ads, the company trying to get Microsoft to stop running these ads is just priceless. Apple and Justin Long had no comment for this story. :D

And you know why I know they're working? Because two weeks ago we got a call from the Apple legal department saying, hey -- this is a true story -- saying, "Hey, you need to stop running those ads, we lowered our prices." They took like $100 off or something. It was the greatest single phone call in the history that I've ever taken in business.

hahahaha, I just read that @ engadget (lol)

the apple fans are rabid over there

Ahahaha, awesome. Even thought I think MS commercials are really stupid I hope they keep coming out and I hope this spurs more "I a MAC" commercials because those were really funny.

Apple can dish it, but not take it,

I'm not suprised

qft.

Apple is a bunch of whiny ass brats... whenever something doesn't go their way they stomp. moan, and bitch...not to mention are quick to fire off lawyers.

Apple can do it to others, but others can't do it to Apple. Just one more thing that shows how smug Apple think it is...

Personally, i think Micrsoft should burn the legal letter like Domino's did to on their sub commercial lol.

Just throw apple in the oven and letem cook

Doesnt MS have like a 20% or more stock share in Apple? I know they bought in heavily back in the early/mid 90's when Apple was heading for the dumpster.

If so then MS wins either way.

lol...so many supporters for Apple on engadget! Every 3rd comment or so like is an Apple defense/PC bashing one.

Things are getting more interesting with the Microsoft retail stores.

So in essence Microsoft lowere MAc's prices, they should put this into an ad as well :)

Apple sounds a lot like my ex-girlfriend. She didn't get in any disputes with Microsoft over ads or anything, but she could say whatever she wanted about everyone else and if anyone said anything even remotely negative about her, waaambulance.

Hey, hey, LISTEN!

hey-listen-490.jpg

nnn I dont get it apple laptops still like 999$ They didnt lower shit.

Yawn. I love seeing zealot fanboys hating on everyone else.

Zealot fanboy? You're quite mistaken, the only Apple product I own is a Iphone. I am just tired of seeing fools hating on Apple since they can't afford one.:rolleyes:

That's funny. It's ok for Apple to air commercials that put Windows in a bad light through lies and half truth, but oh no, Microsoft can't air commercials that report the truth, no sir! Because Apple slashed their prices from $2000 to $1900, yes sir!

Hey Steve Jobs, quitcher bitchin'.

Zealot fanboy? You're quite mistaken, the only Apple product I own is a Iphone. I am just tired of seeing fools hating on Apple since they can't afford one.:rolleyes:

Oh right, because that's the only reason people don't like Apple. Gotcha.

^^ Example of arrogance.

I don't suppose you're aware that iPhones and other smartphones generally cost about the same, especially when buying them on contract with a phone plan.

We're talking about computer ads - specifically laptop ads. Try and keep up.

So that's what you think this is ? :rolleyes:

Apple can make comerciaals about whatever they want, stomp on who or whatever they want and everything is fine. But when someone does the same to Apple, they can't ?

Are you really arguing that this is about people bashing Apple because they can't afford an Apple product and not because of how superior Apple think it is ?!

Oh... leave him be, he's just a closet Apple fan. He hasn't come out yet ;)

Heh, that's alot of responses in a short amount of time. I think a struck a chord!

Clearly it must be true if so many people are getting so defensive over their Apple hate!;)

Nah, we just don't like s...silly people making wild and false accusations about us just to hide their own fanatical viewpoint and biased opinions ;)

Heh, that's alot of responses in a short amount of time. I think a struck a chord!

Clearly it must be true if so many people are getting so defensive over their Apple hate!;)

Ignorance must be bliss, huh? ;)

Nah, we just don't like s...silly people making wild and false accusations about us just to hide their own fanatical viewpoint and biased opinions ;)

Haha, I see, I'll leave you guys to your own methods I guess. Enjoy! ;)

They are going nuts over there ain't they. They are fond of the car analogies over there with Mac=BMW and PC=Honda. If they want to use car analogies use one that fits. Mac=Cadillac Cimmaron and PC=Chevy Cavalier. Everything is the same except some badging, trim, and leather seats.

It would be hilarious if that actually happened. I am not saying Apple did not call MS and tell them to stop, but it seems unlikely to me they would bother.

if apple really wanted to differentiate themselves from regular pc users or laptops, they could've used the higher end processors of the i7's instead of the same old hash of crop. Its a really shiny shell housing the same components of a pc. Though i love their attention to detail on their devices. The look more elegant and not as plasticky when you compare the two.

The only thing that prevents apple from being a consumer pc is because of its small market share and Apple's unwillingness to license its technology out, though its also part of its charm. I have nothing against Apple but if this is true...bring on the WaaaaahhMobile.

Only apple products i've ever own are the ipod and iphones and don't tell me the zune is so much better i feel their interface is clunky and unpolished.

I am just tired of seeing fools hating on Apple since they can't afford one.:rolleyes:

I saw this on engadget yesterday, and I'm still laughing...

BTW...check out most of the sigs from people on this forum. Most of the enthusiasts around here could easily afford macs, but choose not to. Usually it comes down to the fact that you can get 2-3 times as much computer they could otherwise by buying pc components.

It's funny because if you can't afford a mac you can probably still buy a better computer than one.

Personally, i think Micrsoft should burn the legal letter like Domino's did to on their sub commercial lol.

Just throw apple in the oven and letem cook

that commercial was funny... too bad no way dominoes "subs" taste better than subway lol

They are going nuts over there ain't they. They are fond of the car analogies over there with Mac=BMW and PC=Honda. If they want to use car analogies use one that fits. Mac=Cadillac Cimmaron and PC=Chevy Cavalier. Everything is the same except some badging, trim, and leather seats.

Best analogy yet in the PC vs. Mac fight. +1

Yawn. I love seeing noobs hating on apple.
:rolleyes: Most people around here do this as their careers. You might get away saying something like that on the street, but in this forum... good luck with that.

LMAO, so... I see two sides to an Apple argument:
1) "Macs are more REASONABLY priced than PCs!!!! <then proceeds to attempt pitiful attempt to reason away the cost>"
2) "Macs are actually more money, but you don't like them because you can't afford one"

So which the hell is it? Are they more expensive or not?

For the cost of a Mac, not only could you buy a helluva PC, you would actually have money left over for games. BTW, games are slick little programs that people can virtually do stuff like firing weapons at the evil aliens for entertainment....

Hahahaha, so awesome. :) It's about time MS did something like this. I dislike Apple because I'm a usability dude and am surrounded by designers who preach Apple UI as the _only_ way. It's the same pile of crap as any other UI. "MS stole all their UI from Apple!" No, they didn't. :p

waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

Back