• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Apple Targeted by Anonymous AntiSec Campaign

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
Geez, when I said Anonymous should target evil-doers last week, I wasn't talking about Apple. :D Thanks to [H] reader Dan "Mad Cat" Burrow for the heads up.

Apple has now found itself a target of hackers. The group Anonymous posted a document online that it claims contains a list of usernames and passwords for one of the company's servers, although the group also sent out a message on Twitter saying it wasn't being "so serious"—before adding that Apple could be its next target. "But don't worry, we are busy elsewhere," the tweet said.
 
Attacking users by release their login info is not attacking Apple. Its attacking innocent people.
 
YEEEESSSSSSSS!

Like drug dealers and hitmen, I have no sympathy for Apple account owning swine. :D
 
Attacking users by release their login info is not attacking Apple. Its attacking innocent people.

Agreed. You do not make an "example" out of a company by attacking it's customers.

What is the cause of these people again? No one seems to be able to lock down anything meaningful or coherent on that subject for for me.
 
I hate Chevy, so I shot a guy driving a Cavalier in the head. :rolleyes:
 
Attacking users by release their login info is not attacking Apple. Its attacking innocent people.

Except that most Mac fans that I personally know is the reason why I hate Apple. I've never seen a group of people slurp the Kool-Aid down quicker ever time ole turtleneck, gets on stage with a new product.
 
my step mom who I fucking hate just got a virus on her mac. felt soooooo good after all her bullshit about how safe and secure mac are
 
Except that most Mac fans that I personally know is the reason why I hate Apple. I've never seen a group of people slurp the Kool-Aid down quicker ever time ole turtleneck, gets on stage with a new product.

They deserve to be attacked simply because you don't like them? I suggest therapy....
 
lol seems the kiddies found an SQLI exploit on ol apple, suddenly "we are attacking apple" lol
 
Is it just me, or is AntiSec NOT targeting actual home users? I think some of you are misunderstanding, the article says:

a list of usernames and passwords for one of the company's servers

They're not threatening the release of usernames/passwords of customers or whatever the hell some of you are thinking. Either way - I still find this whole Anonymous-hack-a-thon debacle to be childish and quite stupid.
 
Can't wait for the announcement from crApple that the servers security was bypassed because they're made by HP and not running their software, so nothing to fear, it's someone elses fault!!!111 :rolleyes:
 
Does Apple even have true server software? Or do they just use nix or "gasp" MS products for server duties?
 
Does Apple even have true server software? Or do they just use nix or "gasp" MS products for server duties?

When they did some recent icloud something facility promotional thing they showned some of the equipment which was apparently HP servers. They don't make useful software, so i'm going to be assuming it's linux of some kind. They only make consumer software, not professional. Though the prices seem to have many people fooled this is not the case. :p
 
I hate Chevy, so I shot a guy driving a Cavalier in the head. :rolleyes:

Come on now, Don't compare the two.

But these "Hack attacks" Are pointless an don't have any rhyme or reason, Besides the fact apple fans are stuck up.
 
If this is how they go about "change" by attacking the innocent, I will say the same will happen to these script kiddies as the last batch. You can perhaps skirt the law, but not those who don't abide by it, nor can you beat the world by pissing it off.

Now had they hacked apple taken the information, and released enough censored info to prove there was a large security hole I think only apple would be pissed, and no one would give a damn about that other than the fact apple let it happen.

They deserve to be attacked simply because you don't like them? I suggest therapy....

Indeed that's a very sick view of the world.
 
They deserve to be attacked simply because you don't like them? I suggest therapy....
No I don't like the fact that innocent people get there personal information stolen, but I also am so tired of being scolded for using a PC and being told that makes "can't" get viruses or are immune to any hacking attempts.
P.S. Yes I know I need therapy.
 
hacking is not the way and those self righteous hackers arent targeting apple for the same reasons we hate apple.
 
Come on now, Don't compare the two.

But these "Hack attacks" Are pointless an don't have any rhyme or reason, Besides the fact apple fans are stuck up.

You are correct, I was being a bit extreme.
I hate Chevy, so I flattened the tires of some guy's Cavalier.
 
stupid hackers everyone knows apple computers and servers are unhackable. thats why the dod and the cia all switched to apple. i read all about this in lasts months issue of sarcasm magazine.
 
stupid hackers everyone knows apple computers and servers are unhackable. thats why the dod and the cia all switched to apple. i read all about this in lasts months issue of sarcasm magazine.

Fascinating, tell me more of this intriguing magazine...
 
Aww. Would have been a lot more Apple hate here in [H] if they actually got serious about it :( Not enough lulz.

Oh well.
 
Agreed. You do not make an "example" out of a company by attacking it's customers.

What is the cause of these people again? No one seems to be able to lock down anything meaningful or coherent on that subject for for me.

The group said they have declared war on Government and Corporations, getting harder to distinguish the two. Customers are what make Apple. In their war, customers can be treated as part of the enemy. so their will be "collateral damage" as General Norman Schwarzkopf, so eloquently phrased it in the first Iraq war . Three examples come to mind. The fire bombing of Dresden,"was a military bombing by the United States Army Air Force (USAAF) and the British Royal Air Force (RAF),In four raids, altogether 3,600 planes, of which 1,300 were heavy bombers, dropped as many as 650,000 incendiaries, together with 8,000 lb. high-explosive bombs and hundreds of 4,000-pounders. In all more than 3,900 tons of high-explosive bombs and incendiary devices were dropped on the city, the Baroque capital of the German state of Saxony. The resulting firestorm destroyed 15 square miles (39 square kilometres) of the city centre. Killing anywhere from 200,000 upto 500,000. Then their was Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
I bring this up because this was a deliberate attempt to inflict as much damage as possible to unarmed civilians. "The end justifies the means." must be what these crackers are basing their actions on and I thought I might bring up some examples of the past to corroborate what I think they are doing as being so insignificant in comparison.
 
Attacking users by release their login info is not attacking Apple. Its attacking innocent people.

Reading comprehension fail>?

Is it just me, or is AntiSec NOT targeting actual home users? I think some of you are misunderstanding, the article says:



They're not threatening the release of usernames/passwords of customers or whatever the hell some of you are thinking. Either way - I still find this whole Anonymous-hack-a-thon debacle to be childish and quite stupid.

You got it, the bottom line is, they should not of been able to access this information in the first place, hate these guys all you want, but at least they are trying to show to the masses how unsafe your data is when so many people think their data is safe with these large companies, especially Apple and their arrogant attitude that their OS is so secure, one would assume their back ends are as well..

And a "script kiddie" likely couldn't access any of apple's servers as much as some of you doubt these people, it takes more then a script off a some wanna be website to get real access to a server, and if they were script kiddies, then Apple users should be very worried that their data is completely unprotected.
 
Reading comprehension fail>?



You got it, the bottom line is, they should not of been able to access this information in the first place, hate these guys all you want, but at least they are trying to show to the masses how unsafe your data is when so many people think their data is safe with these large companies, especially Apple and their arrogant attitude that their OS is so secure, one would assume their back ends are as well..

And a "script kiddie" likely couldn't access any of apple's servers as much as some of you doubt these people, it takes more then a script off a some wanna be website to get real access to a server, and if they were script kiddies, then Apple users should be very worried that their data is completely unprotected.

Its apply they likly don't even use firewalls, because apple is secure by design
 
Welcome back from your hiatus MrGuvernment, always good to have a different slant on things.:)
 
What is the cause of these people again? No one seems to be able to lock down anything meaningful or coherent on that subject for for me.

It's the 8-year-old kid in the 'hood with the can of spray paint putting graffiti up, or throwing a rock through a window in a building with half the windows already broken out, and then thinking he's big stuff because he didn't get caught doing it. It's nothing but the electronic version of juvenile vandalism masquerading behind a bunch of hacker BS to try to shroud itself in some semblance of legitimacy. It's damage for damage's sake, and nothing more.
 
It's the 8-year-old kid in the 'hood with the can of spray paint putting graffiti up, or throwing a rock through a window in a building with half the windows already broken out, and then thinking he's big stuff because he didn't get caught doing it. It's nothing but the electronic version of juvenile vandalism masquerading behind a bunch of hacker BS to try to shroud itself in some semblance of legitimacy. It's damage for damage's sake, and nothing more.

That clears things up nicely, thx.
 
I'm going to take a guess and say that the thousands of names somehow translate into a prototype Apple design no one has seen before.

Hey, a man can make a pitiful attempt to be relevant right?
 
You are correct, I was being a bit extreme.
I hate Chevy, so I flattened the tires of some guy's Cavalier.

No lol i ment don't compare Chevrolet and apple.

I love my old Chevrolet truck, Don't like apple products.
 
No lol i ment don't compare Chevrolet and apple.

I love my old Chevrolet truck, Don't like apple products.

My sincerest apologies, I did not realize. Replace Chevy and Cavalier with make and model of your choice. It was just a stupid car analogy, meant to show how silly it is to target the customers of your actual target instead of the target itself. All of that was rendered moot anyway upon a closer read of the article. I misconstrued who was being attacked anyhow.
 
Back
Top