Apple Sued for Patent Infringement

HardOCP News

[H] News
Has anyone actually counted how many times Apple has been sued for patent infringement? That would be an interesting statistic. ;)

Intertrust Technologies Corporation today announced that it has filed a lawsuit for patent infringement against Apple Inc. in US Federal Court in the Northern District of California. The lawsuit accuses Apple of making products and services that infringe on 15 Intertrust patents on security and distributed trusted computing. The lawsuit covers a broad range of key Apple products and services including iOS devices such as the iPhone and iPad, Mac computers and laptops, Apple TV, and services including iTunes, iCloud, and the Apple App Store.

i'm pretty sure apple invented the concept of a lawsuit, they should sue the court system for copywrite

Aside from the jokes we could make all day about Apple, I have one serious question.
Where the hell do these people come from? I mean seriously! You have a company that is building products and selling them and another that steps in and says, those are my inventions and they haven't contributed to society at all by building anything.
This is how messed up the patent system is.

Tiny-Violin.jpg

Aside from the jokes we could make all day about Apple, I have one serious question.
Where the hell do these people come from? I mean seriously! You have a company that is building products and selling them and another that steps in and says, those are my inventions and they haven't contributed to society at all by building anything.
This is how messed up the patent system is.

Apple doesn't "build" anything. They're a design shop that uses technologies other companies build and incorporate them in to their designs.

8 year old kids in factories build Apple's products.

Apple doesn't "build" anything. They're a design shop that uses technologies other companies build and incorporate them in to their designs.

8 year old kids in factories build Apple's products.

With the exception of iOS. Which was mostly stolen for Unix. lol

Any other company, and the tread would be all "Those GD Patent Trolls!"

There are law firms who create vague patents by the basketfull. One tried to claim it had patented email.

And lawyers wonder why the get a bad rep.

While many people foresaw the stupidity of software patents, I don't remember any of them foreseeing "patent squatting" by people who had no idea how to implement what the patent was for.

The truly bizarre thing is that a patent is for a minimum of 14 years. In dog, errr computer years, that is like 100 years. Technology moves too fast to permit software patents that last over ~7 years.

Back