Apple Resorts to Reservations in China

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you thought it was bad trying to get a new iPhone in the U.S., try being in China. You actually have to make a reservation first in order to even get a phone.

Chinese users wanting to buy an iPhone 4 best first place a reservation before venturing to an Apple Store. With the device selling out in retail outlets across China, Apple is now requiring all potential customers to first reserve the device online, before they can come buy the device at one of their stores.

Its almost shocking Apple products are allowed inside China considering that Apple is the poster boy for "stick it to the man" counter culture. I was just reading how China is angry over one of their peace activist citizens getting a Nobel Peace Prize.

You had to make one here too, if you didn't preorder. I made one 3 weeks before my upgrade date and luckily it came up the day after I was eligible :D

Uhm, that sounds fantastic. I had to drive around to every Apple store for 3 weeks, in Canada, to find one.

Its almost shocking Apple products are allowed inside China considering that Apple is the poster boy for "stick it to the man" counter culture.

Ha! What? Maybe in the nineties! Apple, today, is worse than Micro-TheMan-soft of the previous decade! MUCH worse!

Apple is the man, who sells an image of sticking it to the man. Just like all democrats.

From what I have read of Jobs on these Forums its a perfect match Jobs and the Chinese (personality wise) working together with the Chinese. From a distance when he smiles he even looks a bit Chinese.:D He may even show the Chinese a thing or two about how to treat the workers with an iron fist.:eek:

Steve, do you really not know that it was the same here?

I had to make a reservation, wait two weeks, get an e-mail.. then if I missed the appointment which lasts 24 hours.. I had to make a new reservation.

Its almost shocking Apple products are allowed inside China considering that Apple is the poster boy for "stick it to the man" counter culture. I was just reading how China is angry over one of their peace activist citizens getting a Nobel Peace Prize.

Hey, if you could get employees to build your product for a $1.50 per day, wouldn't you attempt to accomodate them?...;)

Back