Apple iPhone 15 Live Event "Wonderlust"

Oh I completely understand why you’re not I just got a chuckle out of it. I’m on a 13 pro and won’t be changing anytime soon.

Still paying on my 13 lol. I actually had to look in settings, coudlnt remember if i had a 12 or 13. all blends together in my head lol

Still paying on my 13 lol. I actually had to look in settings, coudlnt remember if i had a 12 or 13. all blends together in my head lol
Don't feel bad, I did the same exact thing. This was my first Apple phone, we'll see if it's my last.

Don't feel bad, I did the same exact thing. This was my first Apple phone, we'll see if it's my last.
Ive had a few, i tend to favor them. But anymore, its a phone so its hard for me to get hyped by any company's marketing. Better camera is always nice but not much gets me to trade in unless i dont have to pay for an upgrade.

The green washing in this presser is almost unbearable. Louis Rossman is going to lose it.
"Starting this year, all Apple Watch manufacturing is clean electricity."

1694540232966.png

🤣

No axe to grind, it's not totally meaningless in Apple's case, though buying a new product at all isn't the most sustainable option to begin with.

But overuse of the word clean does remind of the "cleanwashing" trend in cosmetics, food, diet products and supplements marketing. It doesn't mean anything in most cases, the product formulas didn't change, but someone figured out plastering "clean" on everything was staggeringly effective and customers respond.

Last edited:
Upgrading asap near launch through work just for the USB-C from my 12 pro max. Don't really care about the rest.

Did they say non-certified USB cables will only work at USB 2 speeds or not?

My 12 is finally giving in, the speakers are shot, the microphone crackling, and the charging port needs a bit of an angle to work, but the battery still holds a decent charge. But the parts even if I was so inclined to repair it cost me almost as much as a new phone, not a 15 obviously but I can get a 13 from my dealer for $50 more than the Chinese knockoff should work parts. So I’m not terribly inclined to repair it given I can trade it in and cover that $50 spread.

Did they say non-certified USB cables will only work at USB 2 speeds or not?
Not something Apple would put in presser, but I’m sure this will be one of the first things tested upon release.

My 12 is finally giving in, the speakers are shot, the microphone crackling, and the charging port needs a bit of an angle to work, but the battery still holds a decent charge. But the parts even if I was so inclined to repair it cost me almost as much as a new phone, not a 15 obviously but I can get a 13 from my dealer for $50 more than the Chinese knockoff should work parts. So I’m not terribly inclined to repair it given I can trade it in and cover that $50 spread.
Sounds like serious wear. I traded in my 4 year old XR, and other than battery was functionally perfect. Only had minor etching on the glass back, screen was flawless. Was even remarked on by the tech.

Upgraded to a 13 Mini. Which in retrospect was a good move, seeing that Apple will likely discontinue selling it with the launch of the 15 models. I never did get a “Mini Pro”, but otherwise this phone has been phenomenal for what I’ve wanted it for.

In the same boat. I got a 12 vanilla. The days of upgrading every 2 years is over. Seems 3 years is the norm. Just waiting on T-Mobile to release their promos.

My last phone before the Apple 13 was a Moto G 2nd Gen. from like 2014 (I just recycled it like last month). I just upgrade when they break, it blows my mind some people do this yearly to every couple years. It is nice having a decent camera now, but I’m at the point that the camera is good enough for a while.

I'll be skipping this one. I really like the move to titanium finally, but there just isn't enough outside of that to justify doing the upgrade over the 14 pro.

I'll be skipping this one. I really like the move to titanium finally, but there just isn't enough outside of that to justify doing the upgrade over the 14 pro.
Upgrading every 2 years was the sweet spot for actually noticing performance enhancements.

Sounds like serious wear. I traded in my 4 year old XR, and other than battery was functionally perfect. Only had minor etching on the glass back, screen was flawless. Was even remarked on by the tech.

Upgraded to a 13 Mini. Which in retrospect was a good move, seeing that Apple will likely discontinue selling it with the launch of the 15 models. I never did get a “Mini Pro”, but otherwise this phone has been phenomenal for what I’ve wanted it for.
The thing lives with me and gets a lot of use and a fair bit of punishment, no complaints about how well it's held up. It's on its 3rd Otterbox commuter though. The case breaks but the phone remains.

... and the charging port needs a bit of an angle to work ...
Every once in a while, I get a needle or straight pin and clean the charging port because it picks up tiny bits of lint or dust and fuzz from my pocket and eventually builds up to a point where the plug doesn't sit right.

Every once in a while, I get a needle or straight pin and clean the charging port because it picks up tiny bits of lint or dust and fuzz from my pocket and eventually builds up to a point where the plug doesn't sit right.
The port wiggles, she's been dropped while plugged in one too many times.

Confirmation on my earlier post. Not that anyone will care as the reason why it’s going away in the first place is lack of sales. I'm still sad though. Well as much as you can be for a phone anyway.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/202...s-dead-leaving-small-phone-lovers-in-a-lurch/
That's too bad, I bought a 13 Max thinking my big hands would need something that large, I was mistaken, it's way too big. But I think if I replace in the future, just a pro will suffice, no max.

That's too bad, I bought a 13 Max thinking my big hands would need something that large, I was mistaken, it's way too big. But I think if I replace in the future, just a pro will suffice, no max.
I made the same mistake once, I spent more time fumbling it because it was just too big for any of my pockets to comfortably fit.

I have average sized hands, love the max size. Fits in pocket etc no probs?

It’s really annoying when people take a preference and conflate that to gospel. I much prefer smaller phones for a myriad of reasons.
Don’t tell me about “my” clothes, your hand size, or your case preferences. Other people don't have to like what you like.

Last edited:
On topic. Apples continued commitment into gaming:

At its 'Wonderlust' iPhone event, it was revealed that the iPhone 15 Pro line would include an A17 Pro chip that's capable of running ray-tracing natively on the hardware. This is an important distinction as Apple pointed out the huge difference between software and hardware-led ray tracing. This will essentially allow new iPhone 15 Pro models to run reflections and lighting in much higher fidelity with much more impressive textures.

This more or less gurantees hardware RT in M3 and beyond. Which also was likely originally in M2 before issues with TSMC delayed 3nm.

https://www.imore.com/iphone/iphone...e-version-of-assassins-creed-mirage-next-year

Features coming to iOS 17 and macOS Sonoma.

iOS 17 and iPadOS 17 will be released on Monday, September 18, while macOS Sonoma will be released on Tuesday, September 26, according to Apple.

https://www.macrumors.com/2023/09/12/ios-17-macos-sonoma-all-new-features/

Apple Watch 9 and Ultra 2. Finally new processors and better battery life with more sensors.

https://www.macrumors.com/2023/09/12/apple-watch-series-9-and-ultra-2-64gb-storage/

Back