Apple iPhone 15 Live Event "Wonderlust"

I didn't notice it because it doesn't happen.

Yes I did just say that. I don't understand the rest of your sentence.

I don't use Geekbench or look at Geekbench scores. I just use my iPhone.

My phone doesn't get slower. The screen has dimmed from time to time if I'm directly in the summer heat outside all day. But it rarely happens.

There aren't any devices that like "temp"...

What does you heating iPhone glass have anything to do with real world applications of using the phone? Are you high?
Best to just ignore that dude. He makes the same blasphemous and disingenuous comparisons about consoles, always referencing the most unoptimized/unpatched games and edge case scenarios to make comparisons when the vast majority of evidence goes against his claims.

That iPhone vid he posted is the perfect example; who is streaming their phone's display to another phone while watching a PIP video and playing a game at the same time? Lol.. I bet if it was just gaming, the iPhone would not have thottled like that at all or would have at least lasted significantly longer before doing so. I'm the last person that would ever buy an Apple device too, so I hate to defend it, but anyone with any sense of objectivity should disregard that as any kind of real-world scenario.

Best to just ignore that dude. He makes the same blasphemous and disingenuous comparisons about consoles, always referencing the most unoptimized/unpatched games and edge case scenarios to make comparisons when the vast majority of evidence goes against his claims.

That iPhone vid he posted is the perfect example; who is streaming their phone's display to another phone while watching a PIP video and playing a game at the same time? Lol.. I bet if it was just gaming, the iPhone would not have thottled like that at all or would have at least lasted significantly longer before doing so. I'm the last person that would ever buy an Apple device too, so I hate to defend it, but anyone with any sense of objectivity should disregard that as any kind of real-world scenario.
I ignored him at least a year ago. I wish there was a way to also ignore replies to him. His responses were just so nonsensical to me.

I can attest it does not. I have the 14 Pro Max for work as a test phone, and I use 13 Pro for personal. Only time heating issues have ever been a concern was when I was on the beach, directly in sunlight, charging the phone while playing Genshin Impact (which btw I don't see the hype after trying to get into the game)...which I doubt many phones would fare well in those conditions. Granted the 14 Pro admittingly doesn't have fantastic heat management, and it's insanely bright screen paired with the powerhouse processor/gpu cores likely can cause throttling......though we're talking playing games in the highest brightness levels (which btw no one apparently has mentioned is more than double the brightness of the s2* ultras manual peak brightness), and running max settings. I tested today running diablo immortal on this test iphone 14 pro max, max settings, maxed brightness, and yeah after around 45 minutes it did stuttering a couple of times (though that also might have been me downloading shaders in the background...not sure how all that applies). The stuttering was by no means impactful, just notice it did happen. That being said, does not in any way says it has a cooling problem; the screen did get a bit warm but that 2000 nits is damn well brighter than I am comfortable with, I would say this is a definite edge case.

What I'm curious to see is if apple implements that vapor chamber system, though I would think they would have pointed it out in the keynote. Might not have been necessary considering the new processor is supposedly a lot more efficient.

If anything I am impressed you can actually do that on a phone, like at all...

But I have spent a fair amount of time playing BG or KOTOR on my phone while sipping a beer from the corner of the bar after work for an hour here and there and the iPhone 12 has been a damned champ for that.
I am seriously considering the 15 Pro. I mean how much better will that camera make the pictures of the D&D figures I finally got off my ass and painted look when I upload them to the Facebook/Discord group so the players I do play with can have inspiration to finally figure out their scheduling conflicts so they can actually get a day together that works...

Got iPhone 15 pro max this time and iPhone 15 plus for the wife.
Also ordered some OtterBox covers and a brick.
Too expensive this year for these stupid phones. Glad I didn't buy 14.

Got iPhone 15 pro max this time and iPhone 15 plus for the wife.
Also ordered some OtterBox covers and a brick.
Too expensive this year for these stupid phones. Glad I didn't buy 14.
Same price as last year? Though I will definitely say there is high diminishing returns from upgrading every year.
If you’re one of the folks that wants to do that, then one of the monthly payment plans that gives you a new Phone every year (and you just keep constantly paying) is probably the best option. Apple’s iPhone upgrade program basically has you pay for 75% of the cost of the phone within a year and you can then upgrade every year.

https://www.apple.com/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program

Genius in the sense that it benefits both Apple and the customer. The customer never “owns” anything, but they also never pay full price (unless they neglect to upgrade for some reason) and also always gets to have the latest phone.

Reactions: DPI
like this
Same price as last year? Though I will definitely say there is high diminishing returns from upgrading every year.
If you’re one of the folks that wants to do that, then one of the monthly payment plans that gives you a new Phone every year (and you just keep constantly paying) is probably the best option. Apple’s iPhone upgrade program basically has you pay for 75% of the cost of the phone within a year and you can then upgrade every year.

https://www.apple.com/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program

Genius in the sense that it benefits both Apple and the customer. The customer never “owns” anything, but they also never pay full price (unless they neglect to upgrade for some reason) and also always gets to have the latest phone.
I don’t upgrade every year. I have a 13 Pro which was quite significantly cheaper than the iPhone 15 pro max (the 256 bump is what I was referring to).

Similarly, my wife is on 11s so I think she deserves an upgrade to 15 plus.

No I don’t like these payment plans. I have 0% plan from my bank where I can pay off the phones in 9 months and that is what I will use.

I'm not the only one who noticed the 15 is the same as the 14.

View: https://youtu.be/TDIlS7sc4aw?si=HeJ4W7cudz3wG5Ps

Eh, it’s an “s” year update really. It’s basically just camera/chip, which is pretty typical. Although this year is also the titanium chassis which is nice.

This is a FAR better update historically compared to some others. 11 pro - 12 pro was a lame update as example. That update was so bad that I actually consider it a downgrade since it went to different form factor that was worse IMO.

Which basically still makes it the fastest and most refined phone on the market. Samsung/Qualcomm can’t produce a chip nearly as fast.
Don't make me point at the video I posted where the iPhone 14 with the A16 chip gets slower due to heat. You can't argue with science.
Every Samsung and Pixel phone is also basically the same stuff. Heck in the case of Pixel they don’t even use top end SoCs.
That's every phone in the market. But Samsung has had the features the iPhone 15 just got for nearly 6 years, like the telephoto lens. The S23 Ultra, the same phone that beats the iPhone 14's A16 chip, has 100x zoom. It's already a better phone than the iPhone 15 in terms of camera. It also has USB-C before the iPhone 15. To be fair a lot of phone companies beat Apple to USB-C.

View: https://youtu.be/Zhp4vDujtXc?si=R_KNTlGbny8HzXHh

Don't make me point at the video I posted where the iPhone 14 with the A16 chip gets slower due to heat. You can't argue with science.
All phones get slower due to heat. And your video as has been stated is nonsense. I don’t feel it’s necessary to go over it again.
That's every phone in the market. But Samsung has had the features the iPhone 15 just got for nearly 6 years, like the telephoto lens. The S23 Ultra, the same phone that beats the iPhone 14's A16 chip, has 100x zoom. It's already a better phone than the iPhone 15 in terms of camera. It also has USB-C before the iPhone 15. To be fair a lot of phone companies beat Apple to USB-C.

View: https://youtu.be/Zhp4vDujtXc?si=R_KNTlGbny8HzXHh

Actually a lot of that stuff is subjective or trades blows.

The aperture in 15 Pro Max telephoto camera is over twice as fast as the telephoto lens in the S23 Ultra. Then there is the actual sensors used as well as image processing. iPhone is the low light king and also the video king. Preference there? I’d take the iPhone.

View: https://youtu.be/CPlisjZ8CNw?feature=shared

There is nothing in any Samsung product that would make me interested in buying them. No one cares. No one who is buying iPhones will buy that phone. And no Samsung owner will buy an iPhone.

Your axe that you have to grind is boring and played out.

Last edited:
I would buy both. I have have an iPhone 12 and a Galaxy S20. When I decide to upgrade I'll get the 15 and the latest Galaxy S.

There is nothing in any Samsung product that would make me interested in buying them. No one cares. No one who is buying iPhones will buy that phone. And no Samsung owner will buy an iPhone.
Maybe then people should start to look at products more objectively. Much like the situation where Nvidia owners only buy Nvidia, maybe Apple owners should rethink buying Apple? After all, you do now have a lot of useless lightening bolt cables because it took Apple this long to switch to USB-C. The iPhone 15 is more like the iPhone 14 Pro Max, but now has a higher price. A lot of the new stuff in iPhone 15 is old stuff for Android phones. I don't know any new Android phones that cost $800 that still uses USB 2.0 speeds. Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 & Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus both have USB 3.2 and cost under $800.
Your axe that you have to grind is boring and played out.
Apple users don't like to hear any negatives towards Apple products, but wait there's more.

View: https://youtu.be/nQ9LR8homt4?si=FtFMhmzmMG_R8Ubf

Maybe then people should start to look at products more objectively. Much like the situation where Nvidia owners only buy Nvidia, maybe Apple owners should rethink buying Apple? After all, you do now have a lot of useless lightening bolt cables because it took Apple this long to switch to USB-C. The iPhone 15 is more like the iPhone 14 Pro Max, but now has a higher price. A lot of the new stuff in iPhone 15 is old stuff for Android phones. I don't know any new Android phones that cost $800 that still uses USB 2.0 speeds. Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5 & Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus both have USB 3.2 and cost under $800.
Problem is phone buying isn’t an objective experience because it’s going to come down to what you care about.

Samsung has been packaging their phones with 60GB of bloatware.
Google OS’, despite what you talk about are spyware.
Chromium as in the thread I started is now just a Trojan horse.

And to address some of your points directly, there are zero transfers I do over the port. So this “objective measurement” is in a void.
Or how about everything I just listed about cameras? The iPhone is better.
How about OS speed? Or image quality inside of specifically social media apps? iPhone is better.
How about app updates? iPhone is always ahead. How about software updates over time? Apple has been class leading for years. It’s taken Samsung over 10 years to finally commit to supporting a phone for more than 2 years. And that has and is way more important than what cable my phone uses.

How about wearables? Apple Watch is 10x further ahead than anything produced by Google or their Fitbit acquisition. I’ve owned both. My 6 year old Apple Watch 4 gives me more actionable fitness data than any new Google wearable. And still gets updates. Just moved to the new watchOS last week. I don't trust Samsung to get anywhere close.

Gaming performance? Apple is way ahead and as has been discussed has full blown games getting ported to. Google has no such deals or plans. Even if they did, they don’t have hardware RT nor the single core or multicore performance of any A series chip.

So what objectivity? I would say everything you’ve mentioned is flawed and frankly I don’t care about.

So how about my list then? You going to come to Apple now that I listed all the reasons why iPhone is much better. No? Then seriously don’t bother ever talking to me again about objectivity and “considering all products”. You’re not buying a phone off of “objectivity” either.
Apple users don't like to hear any negatives towards Apple products, but wait there's more.

It’s a game of pick your poison. Show me where Apple is selling user data at all and we can have a discussion. Google is doing it 100% for sure as early and often as possible. And they also hope you’re using their apps and chromium across every device you own so they can give a complete picture of everything you do to advertisers.

At least I can use private relay, block all identifiers, and use a VPN (which yes this last one you may also do on an Android device obviously) to anonymize everything I do out in the world and reasonably prevent Facebook, Google, and Amazon from following be around. Things which are absolutely not possible on any Google platform because they explicitly do not want that to be possible.

Last edited:

Dude. Go away.

At any rate ... phone is out for delivery. It's been a long week waiting for this thing. Looking forward to it.

It’s a game of pick your poison. Show me where Apple is selling user data at all and we can have a discussion. Google is doing it 100% for sure as early and often as possible. And they also hope you’re using their apps and chromium across every device you own so they can give a complete picture of everything you do to advertisers.
Maybe people all have a complex understanding of what they mean, but I doubt Google sell user data, having more data than their competition is valuable, customer user data is extremely cheap to buy on open market and not the type of business that would interest a FANG, the ability to transfer that data in changing someone action is where the value is.

They will tend to much prefer selling services to people (modify what human do), using user data they will keep from themselves, like to advertiser, an advertiser will be able to buy ads space to sales gold to people of a certain age and gender that watched survivalist video, they will not be able to buy those youtuber data to use them themselve or turn around and sales it back to Microsoft.

At least from my understanding, the big guys that are able to moneytise user data protect it a lot and are not ready to sales it away.

At least from my understanding, the big guys that are able to moneytise user data protect it a lot and are not ready to sales it away.
You don't seem to have an understanding of what they're doing with your data, then.

You don't seem to have an understanding of what they're doing with your data, then.
you think that I can (or a company) buy user data from Google-Apple-Facebook for competitor to get their hands on and not more buy service like advertising from them and they keep and use the data themselves ?

Customer data sellers are not the people in perfect position to add value to them and sales services like the google-microsoft-facebook usually, but people like below and the prices for it would be terrible uninteresting business for those ultra-high revenues-margin enterprise:
https://datarade.ai/data-categories/consumer-data

Again from my understanding, it is more let me reach for you, brings your ads to the peoples that you want to target complex business, not sell you a list of emails-profiles cheap business.

Last edited:
Maybe people all have a complex understanding of what they mean, but I doubt Google sell user data, having more data than their competition is valuable, customer user data is extremely cheap to buy on open market and not the type of business that would interest a FANG, the ability to transfer that data in changing someone action is where the value is.

They will tend to much prefer selling services to people (modify what human do), using user data they will keep from themselves, like to advertiser, an advertiser will be able to buy ads space to sales gold to people of a certain age and gender that watched survivalist video, they will not be able to buy those youtuber data to use them themselve or turn around and sales it back to Microsoft.

Google’s whole business is monetizing user data, they don’t sell it though.

Google is very specific that they share your data with their partners, who pay google for advertising and consulting services. But your data is a simply part of those services but not a line item that is charged for. Legally that is a very important distinction.

And no, google does not scrub or salt that data, they keep it as targeted and specific as possible.

Google’s user profiles are possibly only bested by Meta’s in terms of accuracy and specificity. But Google’s are big, likes dislikes, where you go what you spend what you spend it on. And god forbid you are using their wallet features for storing point cards and stuff on the phones because that also gets them access to the specifics of what you are buying.
Google has your phone numbers, ip addresses, geolocations, home address, legal names, common names, work places, hobbies, likes, dislikes, personal income, they know which VPN’s you use, what games they play how much you spend, where and how you spend it.
Google’s databases are infamous for being able to accurately fill in the details of your friends and family who may be avoiding their services based on the holes their data leaves behind and filling in the blanks.
Hell Google is able to accurately track your bowel movements because that microphone is always listening for key words and sounds. Toilet flush yeah they know that your searches for the 10 minutes prior were what your active idle thoughts are dealing with.

You think it’s coincidence that “hey we were just talking about that yesterday” and adds for it appearing in your feeds are coincidence.

And go ahead use an add blocker, they know you are, they add it to your personality profile and use their other methods of getting to you.

Hell they own patents for active billboard displays that will change what they display based on the collective likes of people within a viewable distance of that display.

And even if you flash your phone with a different OS, good luck. Google’s tracking services are now worked into more than 90% of the websites out there and the apps for their platform as well, side load away, it’s still tracked.

Lots of people even here are all Nvidia AI going down because Google, and Facebook, etc, doing their own to get away from them. They do their own to customize it from the ground up to sift their massive user databanks and correlate it all together. Hell I read one paper that lets them track users through VPN’s based on latency times and pattern matching what is coming in and out of their exit nodes.

Last edited:
Reactions: DPI
like this
Iwhat? I know not what you speak of...

I am waiting for October for the new phone event.

Just like Digital Camera's MOARRRRRRRRR MEGAPIXELS! is not better, it all comes down to the sensor used, mega pixels = resolution, not quality
https://www.dpreview.com/articles/2668153890/apple-s-iphone-15-and-15-pro-imaging-tech-examined

48MP on all iPhone 15 models​

Apple knows people are conditioned to respond to increased megapixel numbers, and even those of us who have been taking photos with iPhones since the beginning were happy last year when the camera system finally broke out of the 12MP box. But getting that resolution involved tradeoffs: it was only on the iPhone 14 Pro, the Camera app has to be in Raw capture mode and there’s a perceptible lag between shots as the camera captures, processes and saves the file.

As usual, when we see '48MP' on smartphone camera, it's a strong hint that the sensor has a quad bayer color filter array, which is designed so that groups of four pixels can be combined to give 12MP images. It's also possible to read the pixels individually, but some additional processing needs to be done to try to re-interpret the data as something approximating what a 48MP sensor with a conventional color layout would have captured. This process is imperfect, so images output at full resolution may be a little less detailed than the pixel count suggests.

Now, the main camera on each iPhone 15 model has a 48MP Quad Bayer sensor, enabling high-resolution captures. The iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max appear to share the same lens and sensor as the iPhone 14 Pro (even though during Apple’s event it was billed as being “even more advanced,” the specs the company shared match the previous year’s model). That would be a 24mm equivalent focal length lens at f/1.78, and a 48MP Type 1/1.28 (9.8x7.3mm) sensor with 1.22µm (Which effectively act as 2.44µm 'quad pixels' when combined at 12MP mode).

*Scrolls through [H] on his iPhone 8....

Don't mind me!
iPhone 8 is best iPhone.
Stop mocking me for my Wranglers, you monster!

I remember the 2.4" screen on my BlackJack II. It was lame. I'd carry an 8" tablet if it were feasible.
1695414289774.png

He plays Diablo Immortal.
I just bought a Diablo Immortal ROG Phone 6 on a deep discount since the ROG Phone 7 is out because I think it's cool as shit. I have yet to play Diablo Immortal on it :ROFLMAO:

iPhone 8 is best iPhone.

View attachment 600580

I just bought a Diablo Immortal ROG Phone 6 on a deep discount since the ROG Phone 7 is out because I think it's cool as shit. I have yet to play Diablo Immortal on it :ROFLMAO:
That ibap made me LLOL, although sadly the site seems to have gone to the Great Product Graveyard.

As for a ROG phone I keep wanting to get one and then get something different because it's more convenient. Sad.

That ibap made me LLOL, although sadly the site seems to have gone to the Great Product Graveyard.

As for a ROG phone I keep wanting to get one and then get something different because it's more convenient. Sad.
1695414892986.png

Just like Digital Camera's MOARRRRRRRRR MEGAPIXELS! is not better, it all comes down to the sensor used, mega pixels = resolution, not quality
https://www.dpreview.com/articles/2668153890/apple-s-iphone-15-and-15-pro-imaging-tech-examined
I’ll just point out that even in the cases of these phones, the exploding MP counts really are a waste.
My camera (as listed in my sig) is 42MP. And there has been big problems in the digital camera world for the last 10 years with creating optics that could out resolve digital sensors.
Because if your optics can’t resolve every line of the sensor, you simply end up with functionally a lower resolution image.

The 5D2 back in 2008 had 20.1MP, which forced Canon essentially to have to update over half of its EF lens lineup. With Sony pushing up resolution every “R” generation it has frequently outpaced what even their top end glass could do. Every G and GM lens has had to be made over.

The point? If you think that a 3mm tall plastic lens on top of a sensor that is less than the size of a fingernail can resolve 200 MP (yes, looking at you Samsung) you’ve been sold a very big bill of goods. And the testing bares that out. The video I posted showed that the iPhone 15 Pro Max is out-resolving the S23 Ultra, even if using the S23 Ultra in RAW 200MP mode in the best daylight lighting conditions.

48MP and quad-bayering is “better”, but it’s there to find another way around fixing the issue of tiny optics on top of tiny sensors. If it was a traditional bayer pattern sensor it would be all but useless. Again, anyone thinking a 48MP on a tiny sensor is going to out-resolve a 42MP dslr sensor is out of their mind. Heck most camera optics worth their salt are multiplicatively more expensive than the entire phone. A 70-200mm f/2.8 GM II costs $2499.

Last edited:

You ever stop and think that maybe the bullshit you're on about does not matter to the people that buy these products?

Privacy: you use a smartphone, you don't have it. Period.
Cable stuff: Them taking longer to implement usb c has zero impact on long time apple buyers. It would have been just as impactful a few years ago as today, really a non issue

Nvidia only buyers are not in the same realm of iPhone only buyers. There's not an entire ecosystem/UI/UX around a graphics card that you have to relearn upon switching.

And on that note, as someone that came from an s21 ultra to iPhone 13 pro, now 15 pro...I have not missed anything. I need a phone that is simple to use, and does everything I need it to. Those features? I really don't care, if I want to use features, I have a gaming pc. My phone is a phone, does it do everything I need a phone to do? Yes? Great.

Also worth noting, Samsung's UI/UX rather sucks. Half the features is has are inconvenient, especially for the camera. it's a damn phone camera, I just want to point and click and it look great. I don't have time to sit there and go through 50 different modes to take a decent picture. iPhone pretty much by default does half that work for you, and if it doesn't it's quick to flip over to what you need.

Android may have the better phones in every single way, but it's not always what someone wants. Sometimes people just want a phone that requires zero fuss and does all everything they need. These things are so damn subjective based on how you use them, I really don't get why you're spending so much time on here trying to preach about shit no one obviously cares about...and even not being "objective" about it.

You ever stop and think that maybe the bullshit you're on about does not matter to the people that buy these products?

Privacy: you use a smartphone, you don't have it. Period.
Cable stuff: Them taking longer to implement usb c has zero impact on long time apple buyers. It would have been just as impactful a few years ago as today, really a non issue

Nvidia only buyers are not in the same realm of iPhone only buyers. There's not an entire ecosystem/UI/UX around a graphics card that you have to relearn upon switching.

And on that note, as someone that came from an s21 ultra to iPhone 13 pro, now 15 pro...I have not missed anything. I need a phone that is simple to use, and does everything I need it to. Those features? I really don't care, if I want to use features, I have a gaming pc. My phone is a phone, does it do everything I need a phone to do? Yes? Great.

Also worth noting, Samsung's UI/UX rather sucks. Half the features is has are inconvenient, especially for the camera. it's a damn phone camera, I just want to point and click and it look great. I don't have time to sit there and go through 50 different modes to take a decent picture. iPhone pretty much by default does half that work for you, and if it doesn't it's quick to flip over to what you need.

Android may have the better phones in every single way, but it's not always what someone wants. Sometimes people just want a phone that requires zero fuss and does all everything they need. These things are so damn subjective based on how you use them, I really don't get why you're spending so much time on here trying to preach about shit no one obviously cares about...and even not being "objective" about it.
If I wanna get hassled I’ll go to work, I just want my stuff to turn on and work. iPhones are the vanilla flavour of phones, nothing special but very unobjectionable. Apple works hard to curate things to a base standard so there aren’t a lot of surprises, nobody likes surprises.

Dude. Go away.
Sorry, I don't do requests.
At any rate ... phone is out for delivery. It's been a long week waiting for this thing. Looking forward to it.
You may wanna get some mittens to handle the iPhone 15 Pro because it gets really hot. I bet the high temps will slow these down even faster, but who cares when Geekbench runs within 3 minutes?
iphone 15 hot.jpg

I don't think anyone here knows how much the iPhone 15 is getting ridiculed on the internet.
iphone 15 vs s21.jpg

He forgot to mention that the S21 has 120hz screen while the iPhone 15 doesn't.
Hmm.

View: https://youtu.be/XwOGpc6rLFc?si=uy6hANcagcDGNI35

Clearly. You also don’t read and respond to posts. And you don’t really say anything compelling to change anyone’s mind. But if glorified trolling is what you want to do, you’re welcome to it. It serves a purpose some-what, but you’re not really going to get the desired outcome you want out of this. Other than basically being entirely predictable and literally no one changing their mind about any thing you write. You want the proof? You didn’t address anything in any of the posts regarding Samsung vs Apple including mine.

I’ve thought about putting you on the ‘ol ignore list more than once. Because honestly you say the same stuff over and over again and it does nothing to further the conversation and you refuse to either address other people’s points or understand that what you think is objective, isn’t.

I can tell an DNX post without reading your username a mile away. I know you don’t believe me, but I’ve read so many posts where I just dove into the post and went “I know who this is” and I’ve hit you with 100% accuracy (because lets be honest, I don’t know everyone on the forum, I don’t bother to read user names “first” it’s generally after the fact). There are a few others whose posting I also know pretty darn well at this point, but you’re uncanny in your same-ness.

There are a lot of nVidia zealots on these boards; and I would say none of them are as dogmatic as you. In terms of software/hardware. Views on Linux. Views on Windows. Views on Apple. Views on privacy. Views on piracy. Views on open source. Views on Nintendo. Views on right to repair. I can basically predict everything that you’ll say regarding any of them. Maybe not the precise wording, but the general broad strokes.

Last edited:

You may wanna get some mittens to handle the iPhone 15 Pro because it gets really hot. I bet the high temps will slow these down even faster, but who cares when Geekbench runs within 3 minutes?
View attachment 600658
And the Samsung Galaxy S23 hit roughly that same temperature in the same test, a test by the way is a gaming session of Genshin Impact, it should be noted though that the iPhone 15 max took more than 30 minutes of play to reach those temperatures, the Samsung took less than 10.
The iPhone while throttling also managed to maintain a higher FPS than the Samsung did at peak.
The iOS version of the game also looks better as it runs with better quality textures and lighting than the android version. But that’s a developer choice so a handicap against Apple in any head to head comparison.

And yea the S24 is coming in 6 months or so but expect to be unimpressed as it looks like it may be a downgrade over the S23 in terms of Camera and Screen quality because of supposed supply constraints.

All phones get hot when gaming, and the iPhone15 seems to do better than any of its predecessors, which hit those temperatures in closer to 20 minutes and throttled far harder when they did.

Clearly. You also don’t read and respond to posts. And you don’t really say anything compelling to change anyone’s mind. But if glorified trolling is what you want to do, you’re welcome to it.
You mean posting facts and evidence is upsetting Apple fans? The only real dispute is that "my" iPhone doesn't do this. "My" iPhone is special iPhone. Clearly that reviewer is using his iPhone incorrectly.
It serves a purpose some-what, but you’re not really going to get the desired outcome you want out of this. Other than basically being entirely predictable and literally no one changing their mind about any thing you write. You want the proof? You didn’t address anything in any of the posts regarding Samsung vs Apple including mine.
Your reaction is the desired outcome. The more you do, the worse Apple fans look.
I’ve thought about putting you on the ‘ol ignore list more than once.
Who are you again?
Because honestly you say the same stuff over and over again and it does nothing to further the conversation and you refuse to either address other people’s points or understand that what you think is objective, isn’t.
Same stuff like USB-C with USB 2.0 speeds is old? That the iPhone 15 is years behind compared to Android phones? iPhone 15 Pro getting hot because Apple doesn't put a heatpipe in their phones? Which if you're wondering why iPhones slow down when they get hot, it's because there is no heatpipe to pull heat away from the SoC. You will find heatpipes in most modern Android phones for this reason. If I get access to the heatpipe in a Android phone I usually replace the thermal pad with some K5 Pro for better cooling.

View: https://youtu.be/aqKYG4HRGEY?si=clzCQMiyKF29q3Bj
There are a lot of nVidia zealots on these boards; and I would say none of them are as dogmatic as you. In terms of software/hardware. Views on Linux. Views on Windows. Views on Apple. Views on privacy. Views on piracy. Views on open source. Views on Nintendo. Views on right to repair. I can basically predict everything that you’ll say regarding any of them. Maybe not the precise wording, but the general broad strokes.
If I say it enough times then maybe you all will listen. Apple fans are just really easily upset that maybe, just maybe they bought a worse product for more money. Like I said, you can say what you want about me, but the iPhone 15 is a joke on the internet. Apple adds a charging limit feature, which Android has had for years, and limits it to iPhone 15. PCGamer is surprised that the iPhone 15 is still using the older iPhone 14 Pro SoC, because you'd think a new phone with that price would have such a feature. Is it sinking in yet, that the iPhone 15 is obsolete compared to Android phones? Most of the worthwhile features sits on the more expensive iPhone Pro, which just barely matches feature parity to older Android phones.

apple battery saver.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You mean posting facts and evidence is upsetting Apple fans? The only real dispute is that "my" iPhone doesn't do this. "My" iPhone is special iPhone. Clearly that reviewer is using his iPhone incorrectly.

Your reaction is the desired outcome. The more you do, the worse Apple fans look.

Who are you again?

Same stuff like USB-C with USB 2.0 speeds is old? That the iPhone 15 is years behind compared to Android phones? iPhone 15 Pro getting hot because Apple doesn't put a heatpipe in their phones? Which if you're wondering why iPhones slow down when they get hot, it's because there is no heatpipe to pull heat away from the SoC. You will find heatpipes in most modern Android phones for this reason. If I get access to the heatpipe in a Android phone I usually replace the thermal pad with some K5 Pro for better cooling.

View: https://youtu.be/aqKYG4HRGEY?si=clzCQMiyKF29q3Bj

If I say it enough times then maybe you all will listen. Apple fans are just really easily upset that maybe, just maybe they bought a worse product for more money. Like I said, you can say what you want about me, but the iPhone 15 is a joke on the internet. Apple adds a charging limit feature, which Android has had for years, and limits it to iPhone 15. PCGamer is surprised that the iPhone 15 is still using the older iPhone 14 Pro SoC, because you'd think a new phone with that price would have such a feature. Is it sinking in yet, that the iPhone 15 is obsolete compared to Android phones? Most of the worthwhile features sits on the more expensive iPhone Pro, which just barely matches feature parity to older Android phones.

View attachment 600698

Nobody gives a s**t.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back