Apple Gets Cocky About iPad 2

The tagline at the end is the ultimate kicker:

iPad 2. You'll buy it no matter what we say.

That fits right into the "Truer words were never spoken" category...

LOL

The only sad thing is that people will still buy it. :D:D

With the product cycles of one year how are people going to keep up with this crap? Its not like its $100 or something its going to be $500+.

They need to dig up a good Steve Jobs impersonator. That has real potential to be hilarious.

Esp the part about people who just bought the other one (me). I got my iPad about 4 months ago.

Do we really need another ipad story? Whatever drives those page impressions I guess, huh? It's funny how enraged people get about apple products. 2200+ comments on a single story on engadget, 14+ pages on here. Most of which are negative comments.

Esp the part about people who just bought the other one (me). I got my iPad about 4 months ago.

This is the problem I have with tech, though. I sympathize. Same thing happened when I bough my last car. The next model came out with a 36 HP bump in power. Oh well.

Welcome to the "technology merry go round (tm)".

LOL

The only sad thing is that people will still buy it. :D:D

Why not? Some people like buying the "best". Now don't go on a rant because the word "best" has different meanings to different people and needs to be put into a specific context to be properly argued/discussed.

If you want to see Apple getting cocky about the new iPad all you had to do was tune into their announcement. They spewed so much false and arrogant bullshit it was pathetic.

Why not? Some people like buying the "best". Now don't go on a rant because the word "best" has different meanings to different people and needs to be put into a specific context to be properly argued/discussed.

uh oh... apple fanboy getting defensive (imagine that) :p

The issue with the iPad2 is that consumers expect tech companies to take a step forward with a new product, but they expect Apple to take a leap forward. This time around Apple didn't deliver.

I don't own an iPad, and I never will (or any other Apple products), but two close friends of mine own the original iPad which they bought while riding the hype wave. Now their iPads spend their day in the drawer just like their Wii, NDS, and whatever other crap they bought because at the end of the day the iPad just isn't all that useful for anything other than showing off that you are hip.

Do we really need another ipad story? Whatever drives those page impressions I guess, huh? It's funny how enraged people get about apple products. 2200+ comments on a single story on engadget, 14+ pages on here. Most of which are negative comments.

Yes.

That was awesome, so friggin' true!

While I like certain aspects of the iPad and loathe others, I'll never purchase it or any Apple product because of the lousy customer service I've witnessed first hand and their refusal to repair one of their products.

If you want to see Apple getting cocky about the new iPad all you had to do was tune into their announcement. They spewed so much false and arrogant bullshit it was pathetic.

I'm sure they differ [insert any corporation hawking their warez here].

Not that it makes it right, mind you. It is annoying, for sure.

LOL! Honestly though the iPad is more hype than anything else. Great device and it can be very useful and extremely entertaining but at the end of the days is just another thing to spend money on. I really have no problem with Apple but the hype is simply beyond the pale. Sure have pride and promote but way does every damn thing they make have to be magical, as though Merlin were Apple chief engineer. The iPad has plenty of faults but in the brilliance of Jobs few talk about them.

People will go on all day about the faults of Windows 7 slates, and there are plenty, but Windows slates do have a number of strengths like being able to print to any printer and open any file natively and writing on the device with a glove or levitating hand on devices with active pen digitizers.

You guys mad that it's still going to be the best selling tablet?

I can honestly say that I am as mad about the iPad being the best selling tablet as I am about the BigMac being the best selling burger in this world.

The biggest secret of all (which really isn't a secret, honestly): you don't have to buy one. There's other choices, and depending on your needs and requirements, you could be quite happy to discover that the "competition" puts out products that are better for you than any iPad yet made.

Since the iPad appeared, I've seen 1 in public use, just one. But I've seen dozens upon dozens of actual Tablet PCs in the same period of time, go figure. ;)

Smartphones are still maturing, progressing, just as tablets will. Apple did what they have always done: take technology that already exists and refine it in a nice package, and then market the hell out of it.

It's what works for them, so be it.

But you do have other choices and options, just gotta do some poking around. For me, Android is the tablet OS of choice from now on. I can't imagine what Microsoft has planned for their so-called "tablet OS" which better not be anything like what they've created in the past, but Android is where it's at for me from now on unless something "magical" happens. :)

The issue with the iPad2 is that consumers expect tech companies to take a step forward with a new product, but they expect Apple to take a leap forward. This time around Apple didn't deliver.

Well the ipad 2 is more inovative then the year Apple's big inovation for the imac was to offer it in a few fruity colors, and the apple fanatics ate it up.... "Hey look Apple invented blue!"

LoL Its so thin now, I'm waiting for the Flexible, rap around your arm, Ipad3.:D

Heh. My professor uses one. I've seen a couple floating around in the hands of hipsters too.

As far as I'm concerned, the iPad and other tablet (more like slate) format devices are little more than toys and upsized phones minus the phone.

As far as I'm concerned, the iPad and other tablet (more like slate) format devices are little more than toys and upsized phones minus the phone.

Not true in the case of Windows slates. The best ones pretty much do everything laptops do and more.

Back