Apple Fined For Misleading Customers

HardOCP News

[H] News
Whaaaat?!?! Apple fined for misleading its loyal customers? How can this be?!? Apple would never take advantage of its customers! :D

The authority said Apple Sales International, Apple Italia and Apple Retail Italia did not properly inform customers that they were entitled to two years of free assistance under Italian law. The "AppleCare Protection Plan," encouraged customers to buy the service without clearly explaining that it overlapped with the free assistance required by law, the competition authority said.

That's_Hating....

Hmmm, i'm re-posting this just for the shock jock effect. Now to think of a sensational headline...

I thought it wasn't an evil corporation as the occupy movement claims... Wow. Sure seem like dicks to me.

PC is a lie, there is only Apple.
Through Apple, I gain approval.
Through approval, I gain acceptance.
Through acceptance, I gain esteem.
Through esteem, the chains that bound my aggorgance are broken.
The money we hand over to Steve, shall set his spending limit free.

-- The Apple Sith Code.​

Yep, that 1-year warranty thing doesn't really go with the 2-year Euro flow.

I love to hate on apple as much as the next guy...but I will not deny it has been one of the best stock investments I have ever made...the sheep buy anything that company churns out :) They could probably stamp shit with an apple logo and they would buy it and use it for doorstops...

I hate Apple as much as a good man should, but shouldn't the i-tallian commoners know how much free assistance their Nanny government requires companies to provide?

I love to hate on apple as much as the next guy...but I will not deny it has been one of the best stock investments I have ever made...the sheep buy anything that company churns out :) They could probably stamp shit with an apple logo and they would buy it and use it for doorstops...

I'm no Apple fan, wish I had bought the stock in the late 90s. It is a great company overall but they are no better than any other company when it comes to being candid with customers. They do tend to treat their customers well however which is why they get so much repeat business.

Do I hate apple let me count the ways:

1) uuummmmm, this is obvious to even the sheep right? Everything is over priced!!! way over!!!!
2) uuummmmmm, that is about it.

I would never buy a brand new anything apple but their OS. Which I did buy for a hackintosh. Or hMac as I like to call it, lol. If I played games, I would be typing this on a PC, since I don't do much of anything on a computer but audio recording and surfing, this is a perfect OS for me. Oh BTW, I grit my teeth when buying a mac book pro for my wife awhile back, it was used, and stupidly priced high but she needed it for FCP 7, and well not a perfect program it is easier to use then the Adobe video editing program, Premiere.

I don't own a single Apple product yet I can feel the ravenous hate spewing from this thread...

Apple is doing nothing wrong, have done nothing wrong, and will never do anything wrong. These are all lies.

But this is what happens when media and certain courts are dominated by the infidels. This is purely propaganda to undermine the Holy Apple, efforts by non-believers to counteract the glorious actions by the Blessed Company. There shouldn't be any issues here at all. But since the Holy Apple are dealing with non-believers, as well as numerous propaganda spread by media outlets owned by infidels, something like this suddenly becomes a major issue.

The fact that Italian customers get two years of free service should make AppleCare cease to exist for any period under two years. The fact that they're selling a service which already comes with the product without telling people they're already getting it, is just another reason for me to hate Apple.

I don't own a single Apple product yet I can feel the ravenous hate spewing from this thread...

Good, spare yourself the misery. Read about it instead:

Help Desk is only a small part of AppleCare.

The bigger part is the warranty extension.

"Misleading" seems like an inappropriate term in this case. A more fitting term would be "not leading".

That said, if that's unlawful in Italy, they should've covered their asses and done what they were obligated to do in that country. If it's truly unlawful, anyway.

I hate Apple as much as a good man should, but shouldn't the i-tallian commoners know how much free assistance their Nanny government requires companies to provide?

Always amazed how many folks in a certain part of the world have been brainwashed by corporates to think that any rights, services or protection a government provides to benefit them as a consumer/member of society is bad.

To think that a modern product should last at least two years before landfill isn't that much to ask is it?

Should be three years minimum IMO. If a company cant stand by it's products or make them last that long then they can die for all I care.

If a company can't stand by its products, don't buy said products. Government regulation in this scenario is not required.

PC is a lie, there is only Apple.
Through Apple, I gain approval.
Through approval, I gain acceptance.
Through acceptance, I gain esteem.
Through esteem, the chains that bound my aggorgance are broken.
The money we hand over to Steve, shall set his spending limit free.

-- The Apple Sith Code.​

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.
:)

If a company can't stand by its products, don't buy said products. Government regulation in this scenario is not required.

So corps just band together and all produce useless crap so we have no choice.

Sometimes someone has to watch over them.

Back