Apple Event Liveblog

I don't.
Its to the point I don't even buy apples at the grocery store or harvest the apples off of the trees in the back yard.

Are you living with Forrest Gump, SGA76? How can you just let a boutique consumer electronic company smear the good name of a staple fruit?

NFC from apple is good honestly. So far NFC has not been a huge hit because well one of the most used phones never supported it. If apple finally supports it we should see wider adoption. It is sad that this is what it takes but that's just how the companies out there work.

Maybe if we are really lucky now that apple has finally got on board with NFC years late we can see people pass transactions between phones through services like paypal here and square and maybe in a couple years we can get rid of those stupid swipers that go in the headphone jack.

Heres my thing, give credit where credit is due:

Android Devices Come up with new and innovative new tech. However these tech items are really ahead of their time and the market adoption rates a pitiful.

iOS Devices take existing tech, refine it for the massses, and release it. They`re not new but damn does the market adopt it like 2 year old given access to a full cookie jar.

Butthurt, fanboys etc can go find something else with their time. .

Heres my thing, give credit where credit is due:

Android Devices Come up with new and innovative new tech. However these tech items are really ahead of their time and the market adoption rates a pitiful.

iOS Devices take existing tech, refine it for the massses, and release it. They`re not new but damn does the market adopt it like 2 year old given access to a full cookie jar.

Butthurt, fanboys etc can go find something else with their time. .

Such as buying Apple stock while not buying their products. I am serious actually.

Such as buying Apple stock while not buying their products. I am serious actually.
I did that for years until I realized if I thought the product was good enough to invest in then I might as well try them out and put my mouth where my money was at, so to speak.

not much point in investing in a product you don't believe in. plenty of investment opportunities out there that will be more ludicrous with less layout.

I did that for years until I realized if I thought the product was good enough to invest in then I might as well try them out and put my mouth where my money was at, so to speak.

not much point in investing in a product you don't believe in. plenty of investment opportunities out there that will be more ludicrous with less layout.

On a serious note, Warren Buffet did say that he doesn't buy things that he doesn't or couldn't understand (such as the derivatives.) It's something to think about.

Going back on topic. I am suspecting that iPhone 6 will get a refresh later on where the Sapphire screen will be introduced. The reason why I think this way is because of the fact that the investments to Sapphire screen is real, that supplies are strained, and that the marketing appeal is huge. There is no reason for Apple to hold this back as a mean to stand out from the competitors in the market.

tell that to day traders.

AnXvi6G.jpg

*shots fired*

Going back on topic. I am suspecting that iPhone 6 will get a refresh later on where the Sapphire screen will be introduced. The reason why I think this way is because of the fact that the investments to Sapphire screen is real, that supplies are strained, and that the marketing appeal is huge. There is no reason for Apple to hold this back as a mean to stand out from the competitors in the market.

It turns out that Apple was in fact going to use sapphire glass on the iPhone 6 - but it repeatedly cracked during drop tests, so they switched out to their second choice at the last minute:

http://venturebeat.com/2014/09/12/n...riginally-planned-sapphire-screened-iphone-6/

It turns out that Apple was in fact going to use sapphire glass on the iPhone 6 - but it repeatedly cracked during drop tests, so they switched out to their second choice at the last minute:

http://venturebeat.com/2014/09/12/n...riginally-planned-sapphire-screened-iphone-6/

The problem is the way apple has the screen mounted on the metal unibody. There's no buffer zone before anything would compress the glass like on the Kyocera phone that has Sapphire glass (it's rugged and is surrounded by plastic)

The harder something is, the more brittle and less forgiving of flex it can be.

Sapphire glass wouldn't offer much of a benefit right now. Its not really a consequence they couldn't get it on the product considering how well gorilla glass is working.

Thanks for posting that article. The comments do bring up a good point about that the design of the iPhone may be what's really at fault in causing the glass to crack (we know that the material's been proven time and time again in mission-critical parts.) It's unlikely that Apple will elaborate on what had happened in any depth (at least not until they've managed to ship Sapphire screens in the future), so this blurb is as good as it's going to get for now.

Yep no sapphire glass is a HUGE let down it was going to be the one thing that I actually thought was going to be a big plus for the iphone. Instead they will just have a galaxy note copy that lacks the stylus. And on top of that they have moved both phone sizes up alienating those that likes the iphone for its small size.

Back