Apple Banishes Bose From Its Online Store

HardOCP News

[H] News
While Apple removing Bose products from its online store isn't going to come as a shock to anyone, I am a bit surprised that it took this long.

You can't buy Bose products from Apple's online store anymore. As spotted by 9to5Mac, headphones from Bose's QuietComfort series and speakers including the SoundLink Mini and SoundLink III have completely vanished from Apple's web storefront. A search for "Bose" now points you to refurbished Apple routers and other non-related items.

They have also removed Paradigm and Focal recently. Looks like B&W is still there for now.

Apple is figuring they're dishing out $10k per player per week to the NFL because Bose is being all bitchy requiring that players only wear their headphones anytime within 2 hours +/- of the actual football so why should they give Bose any more sales than necessary.

Apple is figuring they're dishing out $10k per player per week to the NFL because Bose is being all bitchy requiring that players only wear their headphones anytime within 2 hours +/- of the actual football so why should they give Bose any more sales than necessary.

This is no different than ANY marketing deal thats made. Beats has contracts with a few players, oh well bose has a contract with the league, and its safe to say that the bose contract is probably significantly more expensive than anything apple/beats was paying, no different just a larger scale.

Bose blows Beats out of the water. The QC15 decimates Beats Studio headphones. Not surprising Apple would want to put Bose out of sight and out of mind.

Bose and Beats both suck.

Get some Audio-Technica headphones.

Bose blows Beats out of the water. The QC15 decimates Beats Studio headphones. Not surprising Apple would want to put Bose out of sight and out of mind.

Like saying a pile of cat shit is worse than a pile of dog shit.

I've heard from a few people that the Bose Bluetooth Wireless Speakers are the loudest (best sounding) Bluetooth speakers available on the market. Was thinking about getting one. $200 is a lot of money for a Bluetooth speaker though.

The NFL says that it's a long-standing policy that they enforce for all types of products:
…wanted to make sure you were aware that NFL has longstanding policies that prohibit branded exposure on-field or during interviews unless authorized by the league. These policies date back to the early 1990s and continue today. They are the NFL’s policies – not one of the league’s sponsors, Bose in this case. Bose is not involved in the enforcement of our policies. This is true for others on-field.

Neither are that good IMO... but Bose is the better company... overall better components.

What amazes me more than this bickering, is that CONSUMERS apparently actually give two rats asses what football players use to listen to music to.

What the hell do football players know about fidelity? Most of them can barely add and subtract. If it was about football cleats or something, certainly that's their area of expertise, but cmon!

No faith left in the human race.

What amazes me more than this bickering, is that CONSUMERS apparently actually give two rats asses what football players use to listen to music to.

It is the classic celeb endorsement. Wherever and whenever there is marketing there's celeb endorsements. Hell, Fonz is now a corporate shill hawking "reverse mortgages". If it didn't work, they wouldn't keep airing the commercials.

It is the classic celeb endorsement. Wherever and whenever there is marketing there's celeb endorsements. Hell, Fonz is now a corporate shill hawking "reverse mortgages". If it didn't work, they wouldn't keep airing the commercials.
And the icing on the cake is that these millions of dollars spent on such marketing and funneled to these people.... its baked into the product cost. So, yeah, you and I pay for that. :(

Take Coca Cola for example... nothing wrong, its a tasty beverage, but they spend on average $2.9 billion every year just on marketing. I remember reading that for a can of coke, virtually all of the cost is in the can itself and marketing, with the little bit extra being the actual soda and distribution.

People make fun of chinese or other no-name knock off products, but half the time its made in the same damn factory and is just as good for 1/10th the cost.

This is no different than ANY marketing deal thats made. Beats has contracts with a few players, oh well bose has a contract with the league, and its safe to say that the bose contract is probably significantly more expensive than anything apple/beats was paying, no different just a larger scale.
Bose contract more likely is more significant, except the difference is the NFL gets that money, where as the Beats contract goes to the actual players. Considering they rejected the Motorola contract for $50million year, I really doubt Beats is playing any single player that kind of cash to wear their goods

The NFL says that it's a long-standing policy that they enforce for all types of products:
Yup, and their long-standing policy should have been endorsed back in March when the deal was made, or at the very least as soon as pre-season/training camp (i.e. TV cameras) started, but they only started actually enforcing it a couple weeks ago. Not a big deal, I've seen players do the black electrical tape over the logo on the cans, but it's pretty obvious what they're wearing. I wonder if they do a total enforcement of brand recognition.

And the icing on the cake is that these millions of dollars spent on such marketing and funneled to these people.... its baked into the product cost. So, yeah, you and I pay for that. :(

Take Coca Cola for example... nothing wrong, its a tasty beverage, but they spend on average $2.9 billion every year just on marketing. I remember reading that for a can of coke, virtually all of the cost is in the can itself and marketing, with the little bit extra being the actual soda and distribution.

People make fun of chinese or other no-name knock off products, but half the time its made in the same damn factory and is just as good for 1/10th the cost.

Check out Samsung's marketing budget if you think that Coke spends a lot of money.

I'm not sure that I'm of the demographic that I believe Beats to be targeting. I have no fondness of thick gold chains, 21" rims or obnoxiously large and gaudy diamond earrings.

Check out Samsung's marketing budget if you think that Coke spends a lot of money.

Yeah, but Samsung is making lots of different things. Cell phones, computer monitors, TVs, tablets, audio equipment, etc. I would expect them to have a much larger marketing budget.

I guess one overpriced brand in the store that owned by another overpriced brand was just too much :p

I'm not sure that I'm of the demographic that I believe Beats to be targeting. I have no fondness of thick gold chains, 21" rims or obnoxiously large and gaudy diamond earrings.

Only thing you demonstrate by buying beats is that you couldn't identify quality sound if it ran out and beat you over the head with a baseball bat.

Bose and Beats both suck.

Get some Audio-Technica headphones.

Bose is best when it comes to noise canceling.

This and this, since I own both and a much much more expensive pair of headphones for reference listening. My Bose pair I only bring out for airplane travel because it works great for jet engines. Makes a 3 hour flight feel like nothing.

This and this, since I own both and a much much more expensive pair of headphones for reference listening. My Bose pair I only bring out for airplane travel because it works great for jet engines. Makes a 3 hour flight feel like nothing.

I am NOT a fan of either... but I still like Bose better than Beats. My friend bought TWO pairs of Beats last year... Studios and some ear-bud thingys... the Studios?? Not bad... but for the price?? NO WAY!!! The ear-buds?? Trash... my $20 Koss over the ears sound better. Seriously.

The Bose? Phenomenal noise cancelling.... sound no better than Beats.... but at least you have the best noise-cancelling on the market.

Zarathustra[H];1041171375 said:
I like Beyerdynamic :p

Sennheiser!!

You can buy a set of Orpheus for about $30,000. What a steal!! :D

Seriously though... the Momentum's are phenomenal.

Now if we could just get to banishing Bose from every other store the world would be a better place.

Cmon. Nobody buys Beats because they are sound accurate. They are a social icon and pump out bass. Its like saying a 50 cal Desert Eagle is a bad gun because its not as accurate, is impossible to conceal, and ammo is expensive. People that buy that type of firearm because its a fucking Desert Eagle and it makes big holes in whatever you shoot with it. Now can we stop the bullshit trying to say that people buy Beats because they are good headphones?

Bose are really miles ahead of Beats. Neither are decent Seinheissers. It really is sour grapes on Apples' part. I guess they can do whatever they like, but there was no agreement there, and Bose probably didn't realize they sucked up an advertising market that Apple wanted. I guess it puts Apple in a tough place, because they can't partner with Bose anymore because they already invested in their Beats branding/licensing.

It's still pretty vicious fighting over some overpriced shovelware and branding space.

Wait... The NFL has bose headphones and MS tablets (they make black ithingies?). So its basically a red flag if they see anything gold or silver on the field.

I've heard from a few people that the Bose Bluetooth Wireless Speakers are the loudest (best sounding) Bluetooth speakers available on the market. Was thinking about getting one. $200 is a lot of money for a Bluetooth speaker though.

I can verify that... My $300 Bose SoundLink II Bluetooth speaker sounds incredible and will fill a large room with thumping bass. It's hard to believe that a small speaker can put out that much bass and sound that good.

I just wish I could buy another and separate them across the room as stereo speakers.
It would be wise for Bose to add a Stereo/Mono-L/Mono-R switch and allow a pair to share one Bluetooth link. That would certainly be an incentive to buy a second one.

I can verify that... My $300 Bose SoundLink II Bluetooth speaker sounds incredible and will fill a large room with thumping bass. It's hard to believe that a small speaker can put out that much bass and sound that good.
Thanks for the info. I wonder if the newer Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Speaker III is a large improvement on the SoundLink II. I'll probably find it in-store and test it out.

I just wish I could buy another and separate them across the room as stereo speakers.
It would be wise for Bose to add a Stereo/Mono-L/Mono-R switch and allow a pair to share one Bluetooth link. That would certainly be an incentive to buy a second one.
That would be awesome.

Bose is best when it comes to noise canceling.

Nope, not really. Noise canceling is the one area where Bose is still unrivaled, pretending otherwise is just silly.

It isn't pretending, they are good no denying it, they were first in the market and owned it,, 2 guys at work who own them, one of which was a swear by Bose guy who flies every other month who's Bose broke so he got the Senn's and loves them. I tried them on but the way the ear cover it is hit's my ear and drives me nuts...

I have in ear headphones that cancel out everything, at least sitting in the car behind an old diesel locomotive whaling it's horn on the way home

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/a8c5354a3330abfb/index.html

CR231.jpg

Back