A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
You may need bootcamp installed, maybe? The ACDs are weird in that brightness and such is controlled in software.
For the 24"er, is that new? I'm curious where you found it for $550. $750 for the larger one is a real nice price too.
I've been considering getting the 24" ACD for myself, but am still undecided. I passed on a new in box ACD 24" for $525 on Ebay that I saw a week or two ago. I have a feeling that may be the lowest I'll ever see it.
If you have a mac or have a friends mac you can borrow to set the brightness settings the display should keep the settings you choose. There are a couple threads about the 27" version and utilizing the bootcamp utility.
You can get an adapter to do mini DP to the full size DP on your 680 or use one of the Atlona converters to go to DVI (even though the 24" would only need the slightly cheaper converter thats still more than an adapter $ wise).
The only wonky thing for me (and it may only be with the 27") is that the monitor won't display the bios, I believe because of the res change but I have to connect a different display when I want to tinker, a small quirk but one that may be important to consider.