Apparently The Social Network Doesn’t Blow

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_Keck

Limp Gawd
Surprisingly, the movie about Facebook has received absolutely glowing reviews from just about everyone. Drop by our forums and share your thoughts! No spoilers, I haven’t seen the movie so I don’t know if Zuckerberg pulls through with that whole Facebook thing or not :p

Everyone—NY Times, Rolling Stone, Aint it cool, Variety—is pretty much saying the same thing, that The Social Network is the movie of the year (Wazzah, didn't Inception come out this year?).

Funny, I couldn't care less if it was a great movie. I am not a fan of Facebook and the massive information gathering network it represents, or the trash that its users articulate on a daily basis. Besides, the movie is just a highly embellished, outlandish outtake on the real story; yet millions of people are going to think of this as the biography of Mark Zuckerberg. Meh.

And Michael Jackson is the King of Pop. I would rather set my CD player on fire than listen to him. Or watch this movie. Or join Facebook.

Why is everyone freaking out over the 100% based on 14 reviews? The only people that get to see movies this early are hand-picked. I'm sure it's going to be a great movie, I'm going to go see it myself.
But as soon as the general critic population gets their hands on this, it's going to drop in score.

Besides, the movie is just a highly embellished, outlandish outtake on the real story; yet millions of people are going to think of this as the biography of Mark Zuckerberg.

This is what gets me about the movie. Hyperbolic retelling, and I'm sure hundreds of millions of facebook users will see it as a pure documentary.

Like "Movie of the Year" means shit when almost every movie sucks.

Great achievement, least shitty of the year

Worth seeing to be able to hear the score on a decent wound system. I'm absolutely seeing it.

With the soundtrack scored by Trent Reznor, how could you go wrong? I'm going to see it on that reason alone!

Funny, I couldn't care less if it was a great movie. I am not a fan of Facebook and the massive information gathering network it represents, or the trash that its users articulate on a daily basis. Besides, the movie is just a highly embellished, outlandish outtake on the real story; yet millions of people are going to think of this as the biography of Mark Zuckerberg. Meh.

Aaron Sorkin claims it's all based on depositions and known info on the trials, and he gave a copy of the script to Facebook to look at and all they had to say was that some tech terms were wrong. I'm not saying that this makes it truthful, but I doubt it's going to be severely off base like most films like this, except for you know the obvious like overly attractive geeks and such.

Geeks don't have to look good if they have that kind of money, plus that kind of money will go a long way toward better living through modern science, ie braces makeup botox personal gym plus trainer plus taking as much time in the gym plastic surgery etc...

And Michael Jackson is the King of Pop. I would rather set my CD player on fire than listen to him. Or watch this movie. Or join Facebook.

your analogy and your opinion are idiotic.

Micheal Jackson shaped commercial music, whether you understand it or not does little to change the fact that he was the king of making money in the pop music industry.

And I think you probably think and value others in "industry" more than Jackson because they affect you and your earning potential.

You are selfish america.

I'm going to join facebook just to delete my acount in protest that their asshats. I haven't seen this movie but it suuuucks. Moar than ME (Which I haven't used).

your analogy and your opinion are idiotic.

Micheal Jackson shaped commercial music, whether you understand it or not does little to change the fact that he was the king of making money in the pop music industry.

And I think you probably think and value others in "industry" more than Jackson because they affect you and your earning potential.

You are selfish america.

Actually his analogy was spot on. Your rebuttal was what was idiotic.

Just because someone or something shaped the music or social networking industry doesnt mean someone has to like it by default.

He hated Michael Jackson's music therefore would set his CD player on fire before playing his music.
He hates facebook and therefore will not see the movie.

Doesnt really get any simpler than that.

i would like to go back in time and create Facebook and google.......

this shit is bullshit.

With the soundtrack scored by Trent Reznor, how could you go wrong? I'm going to see it on that reason alone!

Godamnit now I know its going to suck. Some asshat "I am down with the hardcore music types" asshat doing the music will probably push it over the tolerance leve from the launch. seriously, were all the people that do good music busy that they had to get someone that has never written a good song but was beaten as a child so his crap is tragic or something to do with helping the "music" community or such. Gah I wish he'd die already. (apart from then the torrent of "best of"s and "oh hed diiad best artist evar" would begin. Heh, torrent.

DeathPrincess said:
Godamnit now I know its going to suck. Some asshat "I am down with the hardcore music types" asshat doing the music will probably push it over the tolerance leve from the launch. seriously, were all the people that do good music busy that they had to get someone that has never written a good song but was beaten as a child so his crap is tragic or something to do with helping the "music" community or such. Gah I wish he'd die already. (apart from then the torrent of "best of"s and "oh hed diiad best artist evar" would begin. Heh, torrent.

Dont like it? Dont watch it. Problem solved :)

Seems to be the logical thing to do rather than expending energy moaning about it.

Dont like it? Dont watch it. Problem solved :)

Seems to be the logical thing to do rather than expending energy moaning about it.

I was just making the point like I did when my neighbor made his Filet mignon yet couldn't handle the urge not to pee on it. I mean, if they hadn't piddled on it it would have made it much much better.
I just can't understand how a 90's music fossil has anything to do with a 2004 company. The pee doesn't make it any better. The music in Mafia II doesnt feel me with trepidation of awesome when its on, but it sets the scene. This does not. So I can't understand all this fanfare over something... I mean i'm sure the usual demographic of facebook (who are tweens are university students) are going to go crazy for old 90's music.

It's media hard at work. It's fun to rant and rave, but at least us [H]ard-OCPer's think (most of the time) instead of just following media hype and fall in line like Sheeple to the theater like a bunch of zombies... "Must... see.. new... movie... that.. is... supposed.. to.. be... soooo.. kewl" Arrrnnnhhhggg!! Just my two pennies.

I view this kind of movie like Titanic; I know what happens in the end, so why waste my money?

I pay $8.00 for a ticket, $10 for snacks, sit down and at the end, guess what? Facebook gets created and is popular! I'd rather just drive down the street, find a homeless guy and give him $15.

I view this kind of movie like Titanic; I know what happens in the end, so why waste my money?

I pay $8.00 for a ticket, $10 for snacks, sit down and at the end, guess what? Facebook gets created and is popular! I'd rather just drive down the street, find a homeless guy and give him $15.

Or $18, even!

I tend not to care what the movie is exactly about... just that it's a good movie.

Who cares if it's about Facebook? A great film is a great film... and to ignore it because it was about something you "don't like" is moronic.

david fincher makes great movies: fight club, seven...

i say believe the hype.

The director of this movie, David Fincher, is one of the finest of its profession.
He is one of the only director from Hollywood who can still pull out a movie with great story and characters (Se7en, Fight Club and Zodiac).

I do not give a damn about Facebook but I am certainly have an interest in David Fincher's work. I highly appreciated Se7en and Zodia despite that I do not like serial murderers...

Movies like Inception or Matrix non withstanding, you can apply that to pretty much any movie.

The director of this movie, David Fincher, is one of the finest of its profession.
He is one of the only director from Hollywood who can still pull out a movie with great story and characters (Se7en, Fight Club and Zodiac).

I do not give a damn about Facebook but I am certainly have an interest in David Fincher's work. I highly appreciated Se7en and Zodia despite that I do not like serial murderers...

Don't do it man, you might see it and be tempted to make a Facebook account.

Its so cool to say facebook is lame I think we should get in a circle while doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back