Apex Legends Hits 25 Million Players and 2 Million Concurrent Peak in Its First Week

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by cageymaru, Feb 11, 2019.

1. [21CW]killerofall

[21CW]killerofall Aliens...

2. SixFootDuo

SixFootDuo [H]ardness Supreme

lol WUT? Thanks for the obvious ... I guess?

What is it with you guys. Look if you guys have no problem giving these guys all your money, go for it. But don't expect others to want to do that.

For the record, I liked the game enough that I spend $40 dollars for Apex Packs which is probably more than a lot of you guys will ever spend.

But, but ..... I said ( for me ) and let me slow ........ this ......... down ......... so ......... I ....... am ........... understood .......... here. ... is that the way the game is setup in regards to the expectation of money doesn't work for me. I didn't say it doesn't work for you guys. As far as I know you guys love giving these people hundreds of dollars. I don't know or care.

When I gave my little review, it was my review, not your review whoever "you" are.

I'm never going to tell others what they should like or assume to like, that's not my job or business. Don't do it to me or others.

I know how the game works. It's nothing special. Yes it's fun, but that fun ( for me ) quickly waned. Don't tell me I should be ok looking at the same skins for x amount of days or weeks. That's on me, not you. Do I know it doesn't affect game play? Are you freaking kidding me? Who doesn't know that. Don't come at me stating the obvious or especially telling me or someone else what they should like or not like.

It's weird, I feel like a bunch of 15 year olds attached my personal take on the game and tried like hell to state the obvious, explain the obvious and then coach me or something.

Guys, do you and I'll do me. Aight? lol. . wow.

I'm level 46 now with 330+ kills... and yo, they want's they money hahah ... they are not giving players much so plan on slow slow slow slow upgrades. I don't like that, kinda gets tidous. But maybe you guys are ok with rocking the same "Rare Shotgun Skin" for a long while.

3. Nolan7689

Nolan7689 [H]ard|Gawd

SixFootDuo probably because it seemed like you didn’t really understand why free reward progression would slow down. I can see from your latest post you’re going to continue being obtuse just for the sake of it.

Glad to hear you’re enjoying the game enough to spend money though.

GoldenTiger likes this.
  4. SomeoneElse

SomeoneElse [H]ard|Gawd

There are alot of animations from TF as well. When the pods drop in from orbit that is a direct port of the animation when a titan is called in. Character models are new, but for the most part the game screams Titanfall universe.

As for the Titanfall game, Even with a twist its still a Titanfall game. Titanfall 3 is just the name place holder.

Either way i have some respect for Respawn but I don't like how they only support their games for around a year and then be done with it. They don't do a lot of tweaks to gameplay after that thats my only knock against them. I love the TF series its a good twist to the Battlemech idea.

5. Krazy925

Krazy925 2[H]4U

You seemed unusually slow and that someone needed an extra explanation.

Your response kinda proves that I guess.

I personally don’t play F2P games anymore for that reason.

Also maybe think about buying some thicker skin your original response made less sense than this train wreck guy.

GoldenTiger likes this.
  6. Lifelite

Lifelite 2[H]4U

Right?

Just sounds like someone's mad they spent 40 bucks on a free game :)

Who are you? :ROFLMAO:

GoldenTiger likes this.
  7. Krazy925

Krazy925 2[H]4U

I’ll split a GenMay sub for this guy with you. Someone will totally fuck his brother.

GoldenTiger and Lifelite like this.
  8. Lifelite

Lifelite 2[H]4U

Beats spending money on Apex cosmetics!

GoldenTiger and Krazy925 like this.
  9. steakman1971

steakman1971 2[H]4U

I feel your pain - I suck at FPS with controllers.
    I played Apex for a few matches on my PC - thought it was fun. I also realize I suck at FPS with a mouse/keyboard as well. It's been a long time since I've played a game like this...I got pounded into the ground.

10. MV75

MV75 [H]ard|Gawd

Titan what now?

Ha ha just kidding, Anthem what?

11. Nolan7689

Nolan7689 [H]ard|Gawd

I see your ninja edit.

In seriousness though, I didn’t care for the MP only Titanfall 1 but Titanfall 2 was an absolutely stellar single player experience. Unless you have a full aversion to EA and Origin, check it out.

12. readeh

readeh Limp Gawd

I don't really care too much about skins, but what I don't like is when you get a win you don't receive anything at all.. They should reward you with a loot case!

13. Furious_Styles

Furious_Styles [H]ard|Gawd

That would be nice of them. I prefer the prepaid model but I also don't mind playing free games.

14. Ragenrok

Ragenrok 2[H]4U

I really enjoyed the tribes ascend model of f2p. It was free and you could grind for all the unlocks/pay for 1-2 guns OR buy the $35 pack and unlock everything. Basically gave you the choice of Grindy f2p or regular buy up front game.

From what I've seen of apex legends it's everything I didn't hate about fortnight and pubg. I loved how well fortnight looked and the fact it was f2p with cosmetics supporting it but hated the building aspect. I loved that pubg was a proper fps but the game was janky, ugly and cost to much for what it was.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    Nolan7689 and GoldenTiger like this.
  15. focbde

focbde Gawd

Again, if you can grind those same things, as you have said yourself, then your statements are mischaracterising the game... From everything else I've read, Apex actually seems to have struck a reasonably good balance in terms of offering a F2P game whilst allowing the publisher to also monetise it. If there were performance-increasing elements such as weapons or heroes that could ONLY be obtained with actual cash, then that would be different.

Personally, I don't like F2P games for the most part - I'd prefer to pay up-front and just have it done and dusted, however as we've seen quite frequently, even games you pay a lot of money for upfront have WORSE monetisation implementations than this game.

16. 5150Joker

5150Joker 2[H]4U

Played a few hours today with some friends and the game is growing on me. We won a few matches and the best win was during the final circle against the last squad, my buddy was downed and the enemy was in mid finisher animation when I rolled up with the peacekeeper and put him down haha. I could imagine how salty that guy and his team must have been after that.

17. ryno9100

ryno9100 Limp Gawd

I had a similar one in artillery! I was Pathfinder, my buddy was Mirage and our other was Lifeline. We were on top of the Southern wall, one of the last 3 squads, waiting to see where the next circle would land. While waiting, the other two squads found each other. Circle decides to screw us over, and we have no choice but to join the gunfight. So, I set down a zipline into the bunker, since none of my squad has long range engagement weapons, we zip down in, seemingly unnoticed, and I run out with a decked out Eva-8, looking to down someone, and immediately get shot in the back by a Mastiff. Our life line downs the guy with a devotion, but gets downed by someone from the 3rd squad. So, my buddy pops Mirage ult, rezs Lifeline, and they run around the corner trying to find enemies before reviving me. Suddenly, someone pops around my corner and starts trying to execute me. At the last second of the animation, he gets a face full of EVA-8, and we get a victory screen. Felt so good. Round 8 circles by the time all was said and done.

18. 5150Joker

5150Joker 2[H]4U

Nice! I gotta say the game is growing on me and right now spitfire + wingman are my fav combo by far. Just used those in a game I finished and well: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....578/C8AFE9E242046A1553C2E578A4DB04081097DB8C/

Vid:

I don't give 2 shits about cosmetics. I don't mind the F2P model as it's setup since it gets the devs money and i get a free game that would otherwise cost $30-$40.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019