Aorus FI32U - @ $950(USD} -- For Sale Now

So I got this monitor in today (FI32U).

Need help figuring something out on it - the PBP mode, when enabled, puts both "sides" (i.e. tiles) at 4K UHD (3840x2160) - shouldn't each side be 1920x2160?? When both tiles are at 4K, everything is squished and looks terrible.

I'm using 2x HDMI 2.1 cables (no DP) when using PBP mode.

Can someone else who has this monitor figure out how to get PBP working properly where both sides are 1920x2160?

I don't think PBP actually splits the displays physical resolution nor do I think it's possible. To do so would mean the output of each connected device would need to match.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

There is a 'blur' that is bothering me when on an app on the desktop. Needs sharpening.
Now that you've had it a day or two... what are your impressions? Can you give us more about the 'blur'?

I'm stuck waiting for mine till next week, it seems.

I can't wait until mine comes in so I can withol
Hows the VRR + BFI at the same time?

Suck?
Dim?
Crosstalk?
1625292344421.png

I don't think PBP actually splits the displays physical resolution nor do I think it's possible. To do so would mean the output of each connected device would need to match.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
That’s actually exactly how PbP is supposed to work but some displays do this stupid full res side by side which results in weird shrunk down screens.

It should be possible to set 1920x2160.

That’s actually exactly how PbP is supposed to work but some displays do this stupid full res side by side which results in weird shrunk down screens.

It should be possible to set 1920x2160.

So I finally got it to set 1920x2160 on each tile (PBP mode) - the problem now is, when I try to span the displays using Surround to get 3840x2160 (in Surround), that option is not even there! The only Surround resolution it shows is 7680x2160 which is 2x 4K tiles next to each other.

This is what I have:

bRI0rD6.png

c3H4Dcp.png

DMILXDf.png

This is what I need:

3840x2160 IN SURROUND (PBP mode).

Why? Here's why:

QaEWRtR.jpg

With Surround enabled, I can actually run RTX 3090 SLI with full scaling in DX11 games which is impossible otherwise!

With 7680x2160, the resolution is 2x 4K which obviously kills the performance and also makes the image distorted. With PBP mode where each tile is 1920x2160 AND Surround - the full resolution should be 3840x2160 which will then enable me to run the games in RTX 3090 SLI mode with full utilization.

This is the only reason I got this monitor. So if anyone can please test and figure out how to get 3840x2160 in Surround (even if it's just 60hz), please post here and let me know.

So I finally got it to set 1920x2160 on each tile (PBP mode) - the problem now is, when I try to span the displays using Surround to get 3840x2160 (in Surround), that option is not even there! The only Surround resolution it shows is 7680x2160 which is 2x 4K tiles next to each other.

This is what I have:

View attachment 371623

View attachment 371624

View attachment 371625

This is what I need:

3840x2160 IN SURROUND (PBP mode).

Why? Here's why:

View attachment 371626

With Surround enabled, I can actually run RTX 3090 SLI with full scaling in DX11 games which is impossible otherwise!

With 7680x2160, the resolution is 2x 4K which obviously kills the performance and also makes the image distorted. With PBP mode where each tile is 1920x2160 AND Surround - the full resolution should be 3840x2160 which will then enable me to run the games in RTX 3090 SLI mode with full utilization.

This is the only reason I got this monitor. So if anyone can please test and figure out how to get 3840x2160 in Surround (even if it's just 60hz), please post here and let me know.
You are probably going to need to do some funky things for this. You might need to use Custom Resolution Utility to remove higher than 1920x2160 resolution from each displays (or what Windows thinks is separate displays) EDID so that Windows and thus NVCP will think you are running two 1920x2160 displays. It probably bases the surround on the max reported resolution which in this case would be 3840x2160.

Also is it limited to 60 Hz with PbP?

What the fuck are you all doing wasting you time trying to run dumb bizzare shit like surround or use the shitty internal speakers???

Ive never seen more noob shit in my entire life on an enthusiast panel.

For THE LOVE OF GOD will somebody with this display test BFI + VRR at the same time.....HOLY FUCK

Yeah this has gotta be one of the strangest new monitor launch threads I've witnessed here. There are a handful of people in possession of the display and all we know is PBP and audio out source are not functioning to the users expectations.

Now that you've had it a day or two... what are your impressions? Can you give us more about the 'blur'?

I'm stuck waiting for mine till next week, it seems.

As a full disclaimer, I am not a monitor connoisseur. I don't understand half the stuff people talk about when going into depth in comparing monitor specs. I also have amblyopia, so my outlook and perspective is definitely not one of expertise!

To answer the 'blur' concern. The example I noticed right away was the battle.net app. It is blurry, as if out of focus. Same goes for Origin app. However, Geforce experience, Steam, GOG Galaxy, are all sharp and clear. I suppose this blur applies to some apps which seem not to be optimized for 4k resolution. Websites, desktop, all clear and sharp.

As for the color, it is different than my ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q when using the desktop for daily consumption. I would say I was use to the colors on there, but this Fi32u has grown on me and can not recall now the colors of the Rog Swift. Gaming colors are much better. HDR400 is nothing to brag about, but my old PG279Q had no HDR whatsoever.

The biggest thing for me personally was the 2k to 4k move. I upped the render resolution in warzone to 4k when on my PG279Q, and it definitely was sharper compared to 2k, but pales in comparison to a true 4k picture on a 4k monitor. I can't really discern the drop from 4ms to 1ms response time, but I've been doing better on solo warzone games if that means anything.

Freesync works very well, some game feel smoother than my PG279Q.

No speakers. I try to keep a clutter free desk, and the PG279Q helped with built in speakers. I have headsets, but if I want to play some audio for the room I'm going to have to pick up some cheap speakers for that.

I have not really got into the color (or really any other settings in the monitor itself), I'm simply enjoying the 4k gaming at the moment. I'm still waiting for a good review of the monitor where they calibrate colors and all that jazz. Even then, I'm satisfied with the options of 'HDR 400, HDR Game, and HDR Movie'

Again, I'm easily impressed. This monitor checked off everything that I was looking for, though it is fairly easy coming off of a 6 year old 2k monitor. At the price of 990 shipped here in Los Angeles, I'd say this was an excellent upgrade.

What the fuck are you all doing wasting you time trying to run dumb bizzare shit like surround or use the shitty internal speakers???

Ive never seen more noob shit in my entire life on an enthusiast panel.

For THE LOVE OF GOD will somebody with this display test BFI + VRR at the same time.....HOLY FUCK

To prove my point from my previous post, I have no idea what the hell BFI + VRR is, lol.

I'll look into it right now, unless someone is willing to give me the down low.

To prove my point from my previous post, I have no idea what the hell BFI + VRR is, lol.

It's the Aim Stabalizer Sync. See that anywhere in the OSD?

VRR = variable refresh rate. Enable Adaptive sync or Freesync on your display. Enable Freesync on your AMD drivers or G-Sync if using an Nvidia GPU.
BFI = black frame insertion or backlight strobing. Basically it reduces motion persistence for better image clarity at the expense of brightness.

People seem to be interested if those two can work at the same time.

You are probably going to need to do some funky things for this. You might need to use Custom Resolution Utility to remove higher than 1920x2160 resolution from each displays (or what Windows thinks is separate displays) EDID so that Windows and thus NVCP will think you are running two 1920x2160 displays. It probably bases the surround on the max reported resolution which in this case would be 3840x2160.

I have the CRU utility - I thought I can add the 1920x2160 res for each display under "Detailed Resolution" section for each display but that still doesn't allow me to choose 3840x2160 in NVCP under Surround (only 7680x2160 is available).

lV3X9oL.png

IKJ4pvT.png

So I have to 'remove' the higher resolutions? I guess I will try this but my only concern is if I do this, can I revert to the original settings if needed? There is a 'reset-all.exe' in the CRU folder so would that work in case things don't work properly?

Under standard resolutions in CRU, it won't let me add 1920x2160 @ 60hz. - the 2160px (height) is in red. The only place I can add it is under "Detailed Resolutions."

JzSf9TT.png

VRR = variable refresh rate. Enable Adaptive sync or Freesync on your display. Enable Freesync on your AMD drivers or G-Sync if using an Nvidia GPU.
BFI = black frame insertion or backlight strobing. Basically it reduces motion persistence for better image clarity at the expense of brightness.

People seem to be interested if those two can work at the same time.

Damn people are getting hella mad LOL.

Okay I'll try it for you guys and report back.

However, here is what I have right now:

1.) No VRR option under Graphics Settings in Windows (running Win 10 Pro) - I also have the monitor connected to my RTX 3090 via HDMI 2.1 (not DP):

T9lBnq7.png

2.) I don't see any setting in the OSD of the monitor for BFI - only "Black Equalizer." Is this the same thing? FWIW, this setting is greyed out for me and it says it's OFF along with Adaptive Sync. I tried turning Adaptive Sync on in the OSD, and it still shows as OFF. Also, in NVCP, G-Sync is enabled but it says this panel is not validated with G-Sync (?). Not sure how G-Sync is enabled if it is not validated?!?

C9ceddT.jpg

YDNuqPD.png

How do we enable VRR + BFI? If you can tell me, I'll test it out report back.

One thing so far - I just played about an hour of DOOM Eternal with Ray Tracing + HDR at 4K with every setting cranked up - it looks really damn good - even for an IPS panel. Without HDR, the image quality is garbage compared to my OLED monitor (Doh!).

EDIT: Enabled VRR by turning Adaptive Sync OFF and then ON again (see post below). Now, the only question is how to enable Black Equalizer (BFI?).

ML6LyLn.png

Last edited:
I am using DP and I have the VRR, Variable refresh rate, option under graphics settings right under 'hardware accelerated gpu scheduling'

I'm wondering how to enable Aim Stabilizer Sync and Black Equalizer as well, they are greyed out for me too.

• Note. *HDMI2.1 supports PS5 and Xbox Series X at 4K UHD@120Hz (4:2:0)
lol what? the hell kind of HDMI 2.1 need chroma subsampling for 4k/120

guess i have to keep waiting for PG32UQ

Last edited:
  • Note. *HDMI2.1 supports PS5 and Xbox Series X at 4K UHD@120Hz (4:2:0)
lol what? the hell kind of HDMI 2.1 need chroma subsampling for 4k/120

guess i have to keep waiting for
It's HDMI 2.0 bandwidth + DSC and some of HDMI 2.1 feature set (ALLM, VRR, etc) falsely advertised as HDMI 2.1.

People should really be putting Gigabyte on blast for this. Once these get into more trust worthy reviewers hands I'm sure the outrage will begin.

Edit: Series X supports DSC and should achieve full chroma so Gigabyte themselves clearly didn't test jack crap.

It's HDMI 2.0 bandwidth + DSC and some of HDMI 2.1 feature set (ALLM, VRR, etc) falsely advertised as HDMI 2.1.

People should really be putting Gigabyte on blast for this. Once these get into more trust worthy reviewers hands I'm sure the outrage will begin.

Edit: Series X supports DSC and should achieve full chroma so Gigabyte themselves clearly didn't test jack crap.

Does the FO48U you ordered (48" OLED) have proper HDMI 2.1 or is that connection also gimped?

EDIT: I got the VRR to show up - had to turn Adaptive Sync OFF and then ON again for it to show up as being on!

ML6LyLn.png

Black Equalizer (BFI?) is still greyed out.

Recipe7 what picture mode are you using? I'm on sRGB which only allows Brightness control - default is 39 brightness while contrast is 50.

Last edited:
So VRR won't appear with the HDMI 2.1 connection on this monitor?

Also, does the FO48U you ordered (48" OLED) have proper HDMI 2.1 or is that connection also gimped?
VRR will work over HDMI since it supports both HDMI forum VRR which is the generic HDMI 2.1 implementation + Freesync.

Yes I believe all 3 displays in this family including the OLED have gimped HDMI ports otherwise the 4:2:0 disclaimer would not be listed on the 2 LCD monitors specs. Also all 3 have identical looking I/O.

There is confirmation from youtube videos of the FV43U where users demonstrate it connected to a PS5 @ 120hz but are completely obvlivious to the fact that the console lists 4:2:0 as maximum supported 120hz chroma.

EDIT:

I have the CRU utility - I thought I can add the 1920x2160 res for each display under "Detailed Resolution" section for each display but that still doesn't allow me to choose 3840x2160 in NVCP under Surround (only 7680x2160 is available).

View attachment 371664

View attachment 371665

So I have to 'remove' the higher resolutions? I guess I will try this but my only concern is if I do this, can I revert to the original settings if needed? There is a 'reset-all.exe' in the CRU folder so would that work in case things don't work properly?

Under standard resolutions in CRU, it won't let me add 1920x2160 @ 60hz. - the 2160px (height) is in red. The only place I can add it is under "Detailed Resolutions."

View attachment 371666

Damn people are getting hella mad LOL.

Okay I'll try it for you guys and report back.

However, here is what I have right now:

1.) No VRR option under Graphics Settings in Windows (running Win 10 Pro) - I also have the monitor connected to my RTX 3090 via HDMI 2.1 (not DP):

View attachment 371670

2.) I don't see any setting in the OSD of the monitor for BFI - only "Black Equalizer." Is this the same thing? FWIW, this setting is greyed out for me and it says it's OFF along with Adaptive Sync. I tried turning Adaptive Sync on in the OSD, and it still shows as OFF. Also, in NVCP, G-Sync is enabled but it says this panel is not validated with G-Sync (?). Not sure how G-Sync is enabled if it is not validated?!?

View attachment 371667

View attachment 371668

How do we enable VRR + BFI? If you can tell me, I'll test it out report back.

One thing so far - I just played about an hour of DOOM Eternal with Ray Tracing + HDR at 4K with every setting cranked up - it looks really damn good - even for an IPS panel. Without HDR, the image quality is garbage compared to my OLED monitor (Doh!).

Is there a way to take HDR screenshots? I used my good old MSI Afterburner to take screenshots and it looks like piss in SDR (obviously).

Disable PbP mode and you should get adaptive sync and possible other options. PbP mode will disable some stuff. VRR is G-Sync in Nvidia Control Panel. Enable that.

You might definitely need to remove resolutions in CRU and yes you can go back with the reset options.

I tried removing 3840x2160 with CRU and added 1920x2160 to the Detailed Resolution section on each display (while having PBP enabled). Then I went into NVCP and tried to enable Surround and the damn thing still shows 7680x2160 as the only option!

When you say "remove the higher resolution from the display's EDID", how do we do that with CRU? I just deleted the UHD resolution and added the 1920x2160 but that obviously doesn't work.

Disable PbP mode and you should get adaptive sync and possible other options. PbP mode will disable some stuff. VRR is G-Sync in Nvidia Control Panel. Enable that.

You might definitely need to remove resolutions in CRU and yes you can go back with the reset options.
I am currently not running in PBP mode - just regular 3840x2160 with SLI enabled at 144Hz. Got VRR to show up but BFI is still disabled/greyed out.

Also, what is "Super Resolution" and OverDrive? What do those do with this monitor?

EDIT: Tried CRU again while in PBP mode and deleted ALL resolutions and just added 1920x2160 in the Detailed Resolution section. When enabling this, it says "Out of Range" and the monitor is just black! It was 1920x2160 @ 60Hz.

I tried keeping the 3840x2160 @ 60Hz and adding the 1920x2160 @ 60Hz but again it says "Out of Range."

Sigh... this is so frustrating. The only "Surround" resolution keeps showing up is 7680x2160.

What else do I need to do in CRU to get 1920x2160 @ 60Hz (or higher) to work?

Last edited:
Baaasha man....what are you doing man......what are YOU doing lol.....look man these things are cheap and plentiful at $899 a pop...just buy ten more and create a desktop mosaic and moooove it along...

Does the FO48U you ordered (48" OLED) have proper HDMI 2.1 or is that connection also gimped?

EDIT: I got the VRR to show up - had to turn Adaptive Sync OFF and then ON again for it to show up as being on!

View attachment 371716

Black Equalizer (BFI?) is still greyed out.

Recipe7 what picture mode are you using? I'm on sRGB which only allows Brightness control - default is 39 brightness while contrast is 50.

Using the same. Tried multiple options, turning things on and off, can't get the two options to ungrey.

What even is this thread.

can someone check if the supplied AC power lead is long enough to use in my kettle please. And while your at it, hold the screen in front of a mirror to see how reflective it is.
Hands down the best monitor to use for applying lipstick and makeup is the 48cx as its super glossy....I had to buy the PG32UQX because my wife added hot beauty lights around the 48cx and turned it into "her space".....which is fine because it leads me to the PG32UQX which is hands down the best monitor for making hot expressos! This 144hz OLED filtration process makes one hell of a mean expresso!

1625411270418.png

Hands down the best monitor to use for applying lipstick and makeup is the 48cx as its super glossy....I had to buy the PG32UQX because my wife added hot beauty lights around the 48cx and turned it into "her space".....which is fine because it leads me to the PG32UQX which is hands down the best monitor for making hot expressos! This 144hz OLED filtration process makes one hell of a mean expresso!

View attachment 371857

Ahh i see you have found the Black coffee Insertion feature.

Does it also have freesink ? where the cups are automatically cleaned for you.

edit* forgot to add, i found a really useful enthusiast site with more useful information about the aorus here: https://hardforum.com/threads/aorus-fi32u-950-usd-for-sale-now-on-newegg.2010941/

edit* forgot to add, i found a really useful enthusiast site with more useful information about the aorus here: https://hardforum.com/threads/aorus-fi32u-950-usd-for-sale-now-on-newegg.2010941/

Yes, but I have been sticking the head of my penis in there because:

(A) I'm a pervert
(B) I want to get my three grands worth!

Thanks for the link! I'm gonna read that thread and see what they think about BFI + VRR!

The problem seems to be that almost no one has one. Giga told everyone that they'd be selling this at NE and BB and some other sketchy places - but only NE has it.

Also if you live more than 40 miles from the warehouse, the apparent delivery method includes duct taping the monitor to a dyslexic tortoise.

I'm waiting for l88bastard to buy one and tell everyone what's up

The problem seems to be that almost no one has one. Giga told everyone that they'd be selling this at NE and BB and some other sketchy places - but only NE has it.

Also if you live more than 40 miles from the warehouse, the apparent delivery method includes duct taping the monitor to a dyslexic tortoise.

I'm waiting for l88bastard to buy one and tell everyone what's up

I live in Florida and selected Newegg's stowaway shipping option......so I should receive it just in time to send it back after Vega's review!
1625417197874.png

My in depth review of the Aorus FI32U monitor:

PBP mode doesn't work properly and so, this monitor blows.

Will do a part 2 of the review once I test out the PiP mode.

Whilst we are waiting for part 2 , i was wondering if i could make a request for whoever might listen.

Could someone test how 720p, 1080p & 1440p looks on this monitor. Sure, we have FSR & DLSS but there not always available and i might be plugging in a retro console into this screen on a second HDMi port. Just change the resolution in the control you don't have to create some kind of custom resolution in order to test this.

Thx

My in depth review of the Aorus FI32U monitor:

PBP mode doesn't work properly and so, this monitor blows.

Will do a part 2 of the review once I test out the PiP mode.

CAN YOU PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEE

TEST THIS MONITOR WITH STARDEW VALLEY TO SEE IF WE CAN FINALLY GET THE FULL POTENTIAL OF THAT GAME @4K144!!!!

This is so far the most useless review/owners thread ever. My god more people need to get this monitor. PBP mode? Seriously?

ikr, they didn't even mention what languages are avaliable in the supplied manual & how to install the monitor with the supplied driver CD.

Back