AOL,Netzero,ect?

SniperXx

2[H]4U
I am needing a ISP for only 2-3 weeks then I am moving and will be getting broadband(with any luck). Now I am deciding do I want to use AOL's free 90 day CD or just pay Netzero $10? Or maybe theres a better ISP? I would like to keep it as cheap as possible since I won't need it for to long.

Only thing about AOL is I ain't to thrilled about giving them my CC as I have heard of some ppl getting charged for months after they cancelled their service. I really don't wanna deal with that.

Anyone ever try AOL for free and have problems after canceling?

I had NetZero/Juno back in the day for 2yrs and it was great imo. Can't beat it for only 10 bucks a month. I also had AOL prior to that and it blew hardcore.I was hearing "Goodbye" every 2mins..ggrrrrr I hated it!

It took my parents almost 2 months to get AOL to terminate their membership. Their extremely bloated software is the worst out there too. Go with NetZero, anything is better than AOL.

saturnine2 said:
It took my parents almost 2 months to get AOL to terminate their membership. Their extremely bloated software is the worst out there too. Go with NetZero, anything is better than AOL.
Yea my dad was on the phone w/ AOL for HOURS!!!! "Anything we can do to keep your business?" over and over again until he lost it! Ahhh good times.

Avoid AOhelL like the plague. You'd probably have to format and re-install just to get rid of the virus, I mean software.

Paying $10 for one month would be the better option in my opinion.

I think I will go with netzero then. Curious how do they work? If I signed up tomorrow do I need to call and cancel before this time next month? Anyone have any trouble canceling with them?

Try AT&T Worldnet. I used them for a week or so and then cancelled. While in the process of waiting for my DSL installation kit. Go with them. Very easy setup and cancellation. You can cancel theirs online with no problem and no phone calls.

went with netzero. They said first month was free and that if I cancelled by this time next month I won't be charged hopefully they won't give me any problems with canceling.

Back