AoC

How dare you want a game that uses modern technology, works when you paid for it as opposed to a few months later, is seamless and large like existing mmo's, and you can do all of the things they said you would be able to without waiting for 10 patches to add the "feature" later

Like it or not that is how it is. MMO's take time, if you can't accept it don't play em... or at least don't cry about it in forums.

On the other hand, fuck this shit...I am done

This is completely ridiculous. PVP in this game needs to change, there are like 5 lvl 20's camping every spawn point; all they do is kill lover levels...

Ahahaha. :D
I guess those 'early starts' paid off.

Bought it during lunch break, this should be great. And nice box art, hmmm.

Ahahaha. :D
I guess those 'early starts' paid off.

Bought it during lunch break, this should be great. And nice box art, hmmm.

More like the early starts enabled people to more easily do this type of behavior... Can't you just solo play up through the first section of the game anyway? That was my plan at least...

There are PvE servers if thats what you mean. You have to volunteer for abuse.

There are PvE servers if thats what you mean. You have to volunteer for abuse.

No, I mean actually playing the game in a single player mode by switching the game to night at the Inn or something like that.

MMO's are never really "complete" when they launch. I remember poor hunters didnt even have talents when WoW launched, and look at it now lol

Is it reasonable that they launch that way? Perhaps

Is it unreasonable to want a complete game? Hardly

Just because I like it and play it doesn;t mean I'm not allowed to want something.

Which class would be considered good at PVP? I'm looking at a Necro or something.

Which class would be considered good at PVP? I'm looking at a Necro or something.

What works now and what works in a couple months will be completely different. Just stick with something you will find enjoyable, its going to be a while before everything is balanced out.

I'm installing this now, I'm not sure if I'll like it as I get bored with MMO's very easily. What attracts me to this game other than its' adult nature is the combat system. It looks like it requires some amount of skill compared to other MMO games.

If I don't like it I'm sure my girlfriend will so I don't feel like its' so much of a risk trying it at full retail price.

No, I mean actually playing the game in a single player mode by switching the game to night at the Inn or something like that.

No, you can only do certain quests at night, which are usually fun. Others, you have to do during the daytime, which allows higher level fags to rape you.

is this an MMO or single player?

is there any single player campaign in it at all?

is this an MMO or single player?

is there any single player campaign in it at all?

Umm did you even read this thread (or the other 5 regarding this game) at all? ;)

Age of Conan is a MMO. $15/month to play (1st 30 days included with price of game). Levels 1-20 are generally viewed as single player which helps to introduce a backstory for your character.

any 2d sprite's used for anything other than grass does seem pretty lame, especially with today's level of technology..

Wow.

Never noticed that in beta.

Thats pretty fucked up.

It's the first thing that jumped out at me, pretty annoying.

Second thing, I hate how the trees look, are we back in 02?

any 2d sprite's used for anything other than grass does seem pretty lame, especially with today's level of technology..

Not even the grass. It's 2008 for Christ sakes :(. Sacrifice on other things, but give me an option to have 3d grass, I just can't stand it yo.

some of you are so damned picky. quit focusing on the graphics and more on gameplay.

With a MMO you might be playing for months (or years!) on end, its moderately important that you think the game looks decent. I can tell you right now I stopped playing EQ2 because the game was just so god damn hideous. I even bought a new video card at the time in an attempt to make it look less hideous. And the more new places I went, the worse it looked.

I am already freaking out about the 2D trees, because that is going to drive me completely insane :eek: AoC already has a DX10 patch coming in ~2 months, I wonder how well 2D sprite trees from 1996 look in DX10...

wow I guess you never played UO or any old game for that matter...
CanT' beleive people are moaning about trees and grass ... lol who the fuck cares about trees and grass as long as the game is FUN.

I'm so tired of this... give me a quality game over a gfx extensive game ANYDAY we don't need crysys-looking game to enjoy it.

What are these videos? I am stuck at work :rolleyes:

They show how grass and trees move with your perspective.

some of you are so damned picky. quit focusing on the graphics and more on gameplay.

As somebody has already mentioned, MMO is something you usually pick up and stay with for a long time, you want it to look good, Unlike FPS's, when sometimes you can forget about small things, in MMO's we pay attention to detail. The sky, the trees in AOC look like ass right now, it is already bugging me to no end.

hah!! I havent even paid attention to the trees and grass... I'd be dead much faster if I did.

jesus those vids sucked ass, I'd be worried about more than grass with that horrid framerate.

edit: looking closer those vids dont look anything like the game im playing, is that an old beta versin or something? is the settings turned to low? cus i have everything on high and the grass and trees looks fine.

Anyone know how the game runs on my specs? I play games at 1680x1050 resolution.

jesus those vids sucked ass, I'd be worried about more than grass with that horrid framerate.

edit: looking closer those vids dont look anything like the game im playing, is that an old beta versin or something? is the settings turned to low? cus i have everything on high and the grass and trees looks fine.

Umm, when you record your FPS drops by the way.....

2, no, its the retail version. Maybe you should stop defending the game, everybody I talk to has the same problem. Maybe you have some sort of super client, eh?
Everything maxed out, and don't give me shit about the game being different, IT IS NOT!

ok are the non 3d trees something funcom is doing with the engine for lower end systems? Guy who posted the videos did you make those? if so did you have your settings cranked down for video recording purposes?

I ask because for me that is a game killer. I like to explorer first in any MMO.

And no I do enjoy games with lower poly counts too like WOW. but wow didn't cheap out and has a style that gives it substance. They are going for realism so they will be held to a realism based bar for the in game graphics.

ok are the non 3d trees something funcom is doing with the engine for lower end systems? Guy who posted the videos did you make those? if so did you have your settings cranked down for video recording purposes?

I ask because for me that is a game killer. I like to explorer first in any MMO.

And no I do enjoy games with lower poly counts too like WOW. but wow didn't cheap out and has a style that gives it substance. They are going for realism so they will be held to a realism based bar for the in game graphics.

Watch, combustion will jump out and flame my ass. Here are my settings.

Everything tuned to maximum, EVERY SLIDER MANUALLY! 1680x1050 with DX10 and 4xaa.

Anyone know how the game runs on my specs? I play games at 1680x1050 resolution.

The specs in your sig are a bit better than mine, and that is the res I play at. I haven't had any trouble with lag as of yet. The game has been running great. I think the game looks great. I love the artwork for this game, and the game play is a lot of fun. It make you pay attention to what you are doing in order to be successful. None of that mindless skill spamming like most MMO's. You have to pay attention to defenses and direction of attack, as well as team buffs and healing and such.

DX10 is not in yet, won be until august.

aFive I dont know how much you know about comps, since your specs say you have a "maxtor raptor".. was not aware maxtor even made raptors :/ . you've been whinning about aoc since before it even came out so go back to wow or lotro or whatever you were playing and go pusssyfoot in the grass some more... I'm all over the aoc forums and theres not one post about "2D grass and trees".

The specs in your sig are a bit better than mine, and that is the res I play at. I haven't had any trouble with lag as of yet. The game has been running great. I think the game looks great. I love the artwork for this game, and the game play is a lot of fun. It make you pay attention to what you are doing in order to be successful. None of that mindless skill spamming like most MMO's. You have to pay attention to defenses and direction of attack, as well as team buffs and healing and such.

Ah thats pretty reassuring, I think I might pick it up tomorrow or something.

Interesting just watched the combat tutorial video here at work. Looks like combat is highly involved. No more random farming I guess. Seems to me this is an MMO being more and more designed for the console.

Interesting just watched the combat tutorial video here at work. Looks like combat is highly involved. No more random farming I guess. Seems to me this is an MMO being more and more designed for the console.

how does a more involved combat system mean its designed for consoles? i for one welcome this new system over the old auto attack method.

how does a more involved combat system mean its designed for consoles? i for one welcome this new system over the old auto attack method.

This is aspect of the game that interests me.. waiting for a buddy key so I can try it out before dropping 50 dollars on a game I may not play. my last real mmo was eq, was super addicted to it, since then I have not found an mmo that has kept my interest for more than a couple months.

Back