AOC Q2770PQU?

Syribo

[H]ard|Gawd
Okay... I'm ready to pull the trigger on one more attempt on a monitor. I had posted about trying the ASUS VG248E, and not being happy (Mainly the size.. downsizing from 27" to 24" was not right for me). So I went with a BenQ XL2720Z... Well.. I don't know how happy I am with it. I realize that for me, I think picture quality is more important over the speed.. Bottom line, I want my games to look pretty.

I use my PC for gaming like.. 90% of the time. I play everything. I'm not exactly competitive, I play shooters, but I'm not amazing, so I'm really not competitive. But I play everything. Right now I'm playing FFXIV: ARR, The Crew, Far Cry 4, Archage, BF4.. so it's all over the place.

A 1440p monitor does sound better to me than a 1080 at this point afterall. I also do graphic work, not professionally.. mainly design stuff for Twitch, guild websites, icons, logos, banners, etc, for fun. Fix up photos and such.

This is to be used as my primary monitor. I have two cheap Acer G276HL's that I use as my side monitors. The primary is for gaming, then all the other stuff while having a game up.

How is the AOC? I don't want to spend over $500.. so I'm limited in that I would like to stay below $500. I realized I should maybe move away from TN. My old Samsung 245T I was INSANELY happy with for 6 years until it died last year. I thought the image quality was great on it, and I liked the 1920x1200.. So any advice is appreciated, as I want to pull the trigger ASAP and compare the new one with the BenQ and decide which to return.

Edit: Oh I just noticed that the AOC has a $50 off promo code on Newegg... Hmmm

The current crop of 2560x1440 ips/pls/ahva are very similar. There's a good chance to get a unit with bad backlighting regardless of the model you choose. AOC is cheap and is suitable for gaming so I don't see why one would choose a more expensive model, other than perhaps for better warranty.

The current crop of 2560x1440 ips/pls/ahva are very similar. There's a good chance to get a unit with bad backlighting regardless of the model you choose. AOC is cheap and is suitable for gaming so I don't see why one would choose a more expensive model, other than perhaps for better warranty.

I grabbed one from Newegg using the $50 promo code, so it came out to be just a little more expensive than my XL2720Z (I paid $419.99 for that). Going to use them both side by side when it comes, figure out what I like more... the better image on the AOC, or the faster speed of the BenQ. Honestly, I've never really heard much about AOC before in the first place.. so I felt a little skeptical on that.

I feel like the backlight bleeding on my BenQ just got worse out of nowhere. Even comparing pictures I took of my desk from two weeks ago, to pictures from the same angle, the same lighting just now... it looks completely different.

I actually really wanted to try the BenQ BL2710PT but considering I can't even find one now that isn't $800.. I figured the AOC seemed like the best choice.

I actually really wanted to try the BenQ BL2710PT but considering I can't even find one now that isn't $800.. I figured the AOC seemed like the best choice.
The BL2710PT seems to be discontinued but it's supposedly on backorder for $408 from PCNation: http://www.pcnation.com/web/details.asp?item=RZ4016

I was kind of wary of ordering from them because they have a 15% restocking fee, so I ordered the similar GW2765HT which was going for $345 from BH Photo/Video.

The BL2710PT seems to be discontinued but it's supposedly on backorder for $408 from PCNation: http://www.pcnation.com/web/details.asp?item=RZ4016

I was kind of wary of ordering from them because they have a 15% restocking fee, so I ordered the similar GW2765HT which was going for $345 from BH Photo/Video.

Yeah I really wanted the BL2710PT :( But it really is all gone for the most part, it seems.

I'm just surprised that I'm having such a hard time being happy with a monitor. I hope this will be the one to make me happy with what I need it for.

I know what's going to happen though, I'm going to end up wanting to keep both monitors... And use one in lieu of one of the Acer's. But... That's almost $1000 on monitors, yikes. And I'd have rather just spent that much on a single awesome monitor. But who knows. I was thinking about keeping the XL2720Z, and then eventually getting an IPS or VA panel for "pretty" games and graphic work..

Is Newegg's monitor return okay? I bought the VG248E that I returned from Amazon, and it was no hassle. But the BenQ (And now the AOC) I bought from Newegg because of the promo codes.

Back