Anyway to store a movie into ram and save battery life

Nick_

n00b
I was wondering if a program like this existed. I have 2GB of ram in my notebook and sometimes I like to watch a movie while not being plugged in. Whenever I watch a movie (700mb variant to be exact) the hard drive display constantly flashes every couple of seconds. I was hoping I could store the entire movie into ram and save some battery life that way.

Is this possible?

your best bet in this arena is the new feature of vista if you have a hybrid hard disk. It will preload the movie into the flash memory and read it from the flash instead of the hard disk. This is a problem that is being solved by the industry but really I don't see a good way of doing it unless you can set up a ram drive somehow (i'm not really sure that would help matters too much anyways but i could be wrong. Short answer. ask around for people who have experience setting up ram drives to find a program that works well ... if there is such a thing. Long answer: hold out for another few months and buy a vista laptop with a hybrid hard drive. ;) cheaper answer: buy a spare battery :rolleyes: good luck!

Back