Private_Ops
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Jun 4, 2007
- Messages
- 1,870
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
"Wonderful liquid mids! Amazing with guitars. Not harsh to me, but to some. Lacking in bass."
These should be really nice. If you want a few alternatives, what's your budget like? <= $100ish? You're already posting open cans, so I assume isolation isn't an issue?
Open means the cups have holes in them. They leak more sound out and in but also breath better and have a bit more of an airy sound to them. Well, normally, Grado is NOT for fps gaming. The sound stage is way too close in. If this is for portable, music use, fine, ok. If it is for gaming, I would get the SB40 first.
Yeah, if you see hearts, the forum is nuking something. Not sure what site he's trying to link you to, but that's why.
Well, for example if I type ♥♥♥♥♥ all you'll see is a bunch of ♥♥♥♥♥.
Could be anything. I think it's a 1:1 correspondence between hearts and characters, though?
Well, here's another place that has them:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/536082-REG/JVC_HA_FX66W_HA_FX66_Air_Cushion_In_Ear.html
The JVC FX33 / FX34 are also good. The JVCs are generally $10-20, and pretty nice if you don't mind sticking it in your ear.
Me either, usually. They're good for public transport and such.
Did we leave any questions unanswered at this point?
If you have a decent portable player then all is well. No amps needed. Certainly not for Grado or Koss.
I drove a pair of Senn 600s with a Cowan F2 player though. Cowan is serious tech.
I drove a pair of Senn 600s with a Cowan F2 player though. Cowan is serious tech.
Laptop as I mentioned earlier. Thats why I'm asking about the amp.
You can buy a prebuilt Mini3 flat out for ~$125. There are plenty of options here, but I would really wait until after you have headphones in hand to worry about this unless they're known to need it. Most reasonably portable phones don't - if for no other reason than that it would be really silly to engineer phones with portability in mind then make it so they don't work well with a portable source.
SR80s for $85.50
Yeah, they're being twits about showing the price. *shrug*
http://www.headphone.com/guide/by-manufacturer/grado/grado-sr-80.php
Go here:
http://www.headphone.com/emailCoupon.php?icn=0020090080
And you'll get an e-mail right away with the price & a checkout code to use.
Awsome, will that deal hold out?
Also, how good is their rep?