Anyone seen this? 2x6800GS vs 7800GT

[RIP]Zeus

2[H]4U
I was wondering if anyone has seen a 2x6800GS go up agaist a 7800GT/GTX in some benchmarks.

I just can't seem to find them...i have googled and searched on the [H]ardforums...

thnx if you can find :D

SLi GS's are just under a 7800GT... a 7800GT is cheaper though and its only one card.

The GT makes alot more sense.

2x6800GS are better than any single card out right now. Including ones that are more expensive than the pair.

Bona Fide said:
2x6800GS are better than any single card out right now. Including ones that are more expensive than the pair.

Uhhh, can I have what your smoking, cause its sounds like its good shit to make you think thats true. :rolleyes:

V99 said:
SLi GS's are just under a 7800GT... a 7800GT is cheaper though and its only one card.

The GT makes alot more sense.
I'm going to agree here. I'm actually thinking of revamping my wish list to include a 7800GT over the 6800 I had originally planned.

Bona Fide said:

You like spreading false info?

actually, X1800XTs and 7800GTX 512mb cards can break 12K on one card, albeit with more extreme cooling than one would use in an everyday environment

and 3dmark is so pointless, it means absolutely nothing

oooo....ahhhhh...3dmark!

I feel pitty for those that judge a card solely on that.

dunno about anyone else, but I'd much prefer to waste my time playing actual GAMES than watching 3dmark.

nst6563 said:
oooo....ahhhhh...3dmark!

I feel pitty for those that judge a card solely on that.

dunno about anyone else, but I'd much prefer to waste my time playing actual GAMES than watching 3dmark.

QFT. I gave up caring about 3dmark scores over 3 years ago.

Fine... CHeck out my FEAR tests in this Thread http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1028566649#post1028566649

I accept Cash as well as apologiez from all that claimed I was spreading false information.

chinesepiratefood said:
actually, X1800XTs and 7800GTX 512mb cards can break 12K on one card, albeit with more extreme cooling than one would use in an everyday environment

and 3dmark is so pointless, it means absolutely nothing

Got any links to some 12k Scores? I havent even seen that over at XS...

Even if there ism that $600 for the card Plus who know how much for the cooling setup, plus its an extremely unplayable enviroment 99% of the time.....

I'll take my GS's thank you..

3Dmark05 is an excellent way of testing a cards "performance" and comparing it to others. Same thing with aquamark and other benchmarks. Purely to test a cards "power". Being that this card is new, we dont have many other ways to compare.
So to people that brush off 3Dmark scores, you really dont have a good point. A card performing excellent in a bench, would generally equate to the same in "real world" applications. So go play a game or two, bring back results. The results will be on par with a 3Dmark score.
In other words, my 6600GT gets over 4,000 in 3D05, and hence performs the same in a game as a card with the same score. Either way, I'd estimate that this card performs better than a 6800GT, and in SLi performs better than a 7800GT and some GTX's.
Some people seem jealous or something.

well based on published website benchmarks, the $400 6800GS SLI setup is about SOMETIMES 3% faster than a 7800gt which costs MUCH LESS than $400 if you shop carefully. so honestly what is really the better performance for your money?

tytlyf said:
So to people that brush off 3Dmark scores, you really dont have a good point.

g, that must be why the [H] uses 3dm in all it's reviews :rolleyes:

I'm sure Brent would have some interesting insight as to why. Me? I don't. I play games, I don't watch benchmarks. I look at a cards performance in the games I play, not in a benchmark I don't sit and watch.

Looking at benches like 3dm is fine, but basing your conclusions off a synthetic benchmark isn't a very good idea unless all you're doing is benching.

All the reviews on the 6800GS were with Beta Drivers as well........

But when it all comes down to it.. theres just something about owning an SLI rig.....

Impaqt said:
All the reviews on the 6800GS were with Beta Drivers as well........

But when it all comes down to it.. theres just something about owning an SLI rig.....

That something is the extra power and heat and problems.

Funny.... I'm currently running my SLI Rig with a $60 450watt Power supply. I have no power issue whatsoever.

I'm suing an Ultra Dragon case, Buttoned up with a couple extra 80mm fans. Temps are well within acceptable limits....

Maybe your just sore because my Dual 6800's outbench and outgame yout 7800gt?

tytlyf said:
3Dmark05 is an excellent way of testing a cards "performance" and comparing it to others. Same thing with aquamark and other benchmarks. Purely to test a cards "power". Being that this card is new, we dont have many other ways to compare.
So to people that brush off 3Dmark scores, you really dont have a good point. A card performing excellent in a bench, would generally equate to the same in "real world" applications. So go play a game or two, bring back results. The results will be on par with a 3Dmark score.
In other words, my 6600GT gets over 4,000 in 3D05, and hence performs the same in a game as a card with the same score. Either way, I'd estimate that this card performs better than a 6800GT, and in SLi performs better than a 7800GT and some GTX's.
Some people seem jealous or something.
so ur saying that ur score of 4000 is better than mine which is over a 1000 more? I severely doubt it would be better in sli than a 7800gt or gtx. they get more than 8000 and thats the most ur score would be (probably more in the 7000 to 6500 range).

He's talking abou tmy card in that last sentence.. the 6800GS...

If you havent notice, I'm eating 6800GT's for lunch.... and in SLI, 7800GT's for Dinner... Snacking on most 7800GTX's.... I've only seen 2 7800GTX's beat this card and both of those were on xtreme cooling....

Impaqt said:
He's talking abou tmy card in that last sentence.. the 6800GS...

If you havent notice, I'm eating 6800GT's for lunch.... and in SLI, 7800GT's for Dinner... Snacking on most 7800GTX's.... I've only seen 2 7800GTX's beat this card and both of those were on xtreme cooling....

http://techreport.com/reviews/2005q4/geforce-6800gs/index.x?pg=5

Looks like your lunch and dinner got regurgatated.....damn wasting $400 just sucks

And your desert

http://techreport.com/reviews/2005q4/geforce-6800gs/index.x?pg=6

Again lunch has come back up

http://techreport.com/reviews/2005q4/geforce-6800gs/index.x?pg=7

(broken record)

http://techreport.com/reviews/2005q4/geforce-6800gs/index.x?pg=8

so again I ask...where does your 6800GS in SLI beat 2 7800GTX's in sli...when it CANT EVEN BEAT AN X1800XT.....

Still a good card though, just dont talk all this BS where it beats so and so in 3dmark...where 3dmark is a benchmark to test stability......

O and last edit, Seems your GS on SLI cant even keep up with a single GTX

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2593&p=8

DASHlT said:

rofl...

I find it incredibly enteretianong that you you have to find benchmarks on the web that were done with beta drivers or were not compared to 6800GS;s at all....'

ANd anadatechg show a sibng GS getting 49FPS on Chaos theory with a single card then and ony 54 in SLI.. Give me a break... a second card only adds 5 fps??? lol... Anand hates SLI.. I have no respect fo their benchmarks... They aboviously had beta drivers aor set the rig up completely WRONG..
\

You have a 7800GT.. WHy not share your results?

FOlks.... Face it... Dual 6800GS's in SLI can beat a 7800GT and even a 7800GTX in most games and benchmartks.... Its not a scam.. Its a fact... ANd thats no blow against anyone that owns a GTX..... You still have an upgrade path where I'm stuch wehere I'm at....

It amazes me the mentality on this forum.... I think I'll stick with XS and EOCF where people can actually apreciate the results I've gotten.. Jesus folks.. Even Brent (the HardOCP video card Guru/reviewer) was/is impressed with my results... get a grip,,,,,,

I have to aree here and I never getin these posts. lets just say two 6800gs's beat a single 7899gt or 7899gtx. The point it the upgrade patch IS locked. I beleive this was the case with the 6600's vs the 6800gt just a year ago. What I will be doing is buyinbg a 7800gtx now and when the price makes a big drop I'll pick up a second 7800gtx.

Impaqt

I looked at your post and the 6800gs will be in my wifes Christmas I thank you for taking the time to start the posting. I don't see a need to be tossing BS flags on the posting if you disagree with real world results just bench the games yourself. I look at these site just as much as anyone else here and I take them with a grain of salt. The real question is how will it do in MY PC.

Haha...sorry about the troll post. Dunno who posted that :(

Anyhow, does anyone else think Tech Report is not posting 100% accurate information? The X1800XT is outperforming the GTX in OpenGL applications, and the SLI 6800GS's are performing pretty damn well.

Impaqt said:
Fine... CHeck out my FEAR tests in this Thread http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1028566649#post1028566649

I accept Cash as well as apologiez from all that claimed I was spreading false information.

Got any links to some 12k Scores? I havent even seen that over at XS...

Even if there ism that $600 for the card Plus who know how much for the cooling setup, plus its an extremely unplayable enviroment 99% of the time.....

I'll take my GS's thank you..

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=2938

Did i ever say it was a everyday environment? no, and i was wrong it actually scored over 13k, not 12

Bona Fide said:
Haha...sorry about the troll post. Dunno who posted that :(

Anyhow, does anyone else think Tech Report is not posting 100% accurate information? The X1800XT is outperforming the GTX in OpenGL applications, and the SLI 6800GS's are performing pretty damn well.

Because the new drivers give a huge boost to the X1800XT in OpenGL apps, its not rocket science

Tech-report is 100% legit

Gee... I cant spell or type good at 4:00 in the morning on a saturday night.... I wonder why?

Sorry to the spelling police.. It appears I had a few too many beverages.....
DASHlT said:
so again I ask...where does your 6800GS in SLI beat 2 7800GTX's in sli...when it CANT EVEN BEAT AN X1800XT.....

Show me where anyone has claimed that SLI GS's can beat SLI GTX's...........

Thats just rediculous..... no one in their right mind would say something like that.

ANd thatks for all the links to the original reviews that were done with beta drivers....... THats real helpful.

Wow, I'd like to thank you all for reminding me why I tend to stay the fuck out of the video card forums.

I think everyone is getting confused with all these benchmarks. What people are saying is....

2x6800GS is quicker than (1) 7800GT and at times performs better than (1) 7800GTX

http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1027953890&postcount=2352

We have reports of 11k+ SLI GS scores. And that is higher than some GTX's in SLI. I'm not saying the cards are better, of course the GTX's are, but in SLI the GS's have beat some GTX SLI scores.

Back