• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Anyone seen a 2684 lately?

may i be worthy

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - December 2010
Joined
Aug 17, 2010
Messages
1,186
Pinch me, I'm dreaming - I haven't folded a 2684 in about a week. I have had 35 bigadv units in that time.

2 weeks ago they were 36% of the WU I folded in a week for poor Grumpy_rock.
Last week, folding for Kanakis[H], I switched to -bigbeta flag, and they were 12% of WU - about the long term average. But they dried up and I haven't had one in a the last ~6 days.

Since now everyone can run the -bigbeta flag instead of -bigadv, I have done so. If nothing else my theory was running the beta 2689 on Linux - while a slight slowcoach - was better to dilute the number of 2684s we were copping. But it seems they are off the menu.

So is this just me, or are we seeing this poorly benchmarked unit retired finally?
 
I just turned one in.
I still need to check and see if I still have one currently.
 
I still am running one on one of my slower boxen. I am also running regular smp on another slower box for some reason for the last couple of hours.
 
2 currently, one will drop in a couple hours, one in a day :(

They need done however, fold on!
 
Still using the v6 client so I can keep my -smp 7, but I pulled one last night. < 20k ppd on a 3.9ghz i7 920. *sigh*
 
I have two -bigadv rigs running. I think it's been at least a month or more since I've downloaded one. There, I'm sure I just jinxed myself.
 
They come and they go. I haven't seen any in a while, but that doesn't mean they won't be back at some point. Unless we get official word from Stanford, I don't think we should be making assumptions.
 
Oh Oh, jinx coming right up.:p I've been pretty clear of them myself for the last few days. you watch we will now get nothing but!
 
im running one now and its a beast ive never seen the ppd on my 980x so low.
 
I just got slammed with a string of 2684's on folding1 and 2. I am just now recovering as both have finally recieved non 2684 WU's.
 
I last saw a 2684 about a week ago but, in approximately 8 hours, I will be rolling the bigadv dice once again on my dually.
 
I just got slammed with a string of 2684's on folding1 and 2. I am just now recovering as both have finally recieved non 2684 WU's.

Thought your PPD had tanked recently, glad to see its only because of 2684's
 
I have gotten a couple of 2684s in the past few days...
 
I have two -bigadv rigs running. I think it's been at least a month or more since I've downloaded one. There, I'm sure I just jinxed myself.

Oh Oh, jinx coming right up.:p I've been pretty clear of them myself for the last few days. you watch we will now get nothing but!

You see, smart folders know about jinx-ing. I have to learn the hard way. I make a silly inquiry about 2684s.... a few hours later, the very next unit I get is... a 2684. lol.

Thanks anyway...
 
Thought your PPD had tanked recently, glad to see its only because of 2684's

They appear to come and go in waves. I'll have a stretch of the good stuff, and then get hit with 2684's for a bit on both systems, and then back to the good stuff.

With some nasty weather being predicted for tomarrow, I may end up shutting my system down until the threat is over though.
 
I got one last night. What did they use to bench these things?
 
Heh, dartboard must have been off center for this one.
I lose 100k ppd everytime I get one.
:rolleyes:
 
i think his theoretical max is above 1 million PPD

0.jpg

1 mullionn muahahahah

.
 
Got home tonight...yep, two brand spanken new 2684's.


Argggg!!!
 
I'd comment, but I'm not gonna jinx myself...(only 1 in the last 20 WU)

Crap, now i've done it.
 
Still grinding away on this one... if my tpf would just stop going up 00:10 per frame, I'd be happier. As is I've gone from just under 47min/frame to just over 50.
 
Back
Top