ANyone see Windows 8 on technet yet?

jordan12

[H]F Junkie
Been looking and I don't see it yet. Wasn't sure if maybe there was a certain time frame for when it is released..

Or I dont have the proper technet sub to get it..

I've got TechNet Standard and it hasn't appeared yet for me either. I haven't found that M$ has publicized a time. I've only seen speculative times.

It should be up on Technet very soon. It just showed up on my work MSDN account about 5 mins ago.

I'm getting an error trying to download Win8 Pro VL x64. Anyone else getting an error?

Nvm it's working now.

Took me many, many attempts to finally get the DL to start. Good luck, peeps!

If I could get the product key generator to work next... I'd be set to play when I got home.

Last edited:
Took a bazillion tries to get them to start, but they are downloading at 4 MB/s.

Does Server 2012 get released today as well? I heard that it does, but it's not on there.

At my level I only get Enterprise but isn't that just the same as Pro feature set wise?

I had an easier time downloading Windows 7 when it came out. I don't remember not being able to access anything not even key codes for other products.

Pretty damn impossible to get the list of files to load. I hope I'll be able to get it tonight.

When it does show, Pro is not shown. The standard version is useless to me as it's not compatible with Server 2012 Essentials.

I am NOT a fan of the remodeled site anyway. It is WAY harder to find stuff quickly than the old site.

Yeah, I can't even get the download to show up on the site.

It took many tries like everyone else to get the download manager to load the ISO's. People are hammering the site where you can't pull up anything right now unless you have a great amount of patience to keep refreshing to get the list.

It took many tries like everyone else to get the download manager to load the ISO's. People are hammering the site where you can't pull up anything right now unless you have a great amount of patience to keep refreshing to get the list.

Which of course is slowing the site down even more as everyone tries to refresh...

Hope someone puts this up via torrent later . . . download speeds are horrible.

Well downloaded regular windows 8 since I don't get Win 8 Pro vl but it gave me a windows 8 Pro key Awesome.

I tried installing Pro twice but it started throwing an error after the first reboot that followed the installation. Anyone else? Guess I'll download regular Win8.

Pro isn't even being listed on my screen. Standard and Enterprise only.

Pro is listed, but only in "N" versions which I can't download.

Question about Enterprise. Instead of 3 keys, you get 1 and it says multiple activation. I've never used an enterprise version. What does that mean ?

Pro isn't even being listed on my screen. Standard and Enterprise only.

Pro is listed, but only in "N" versions which I can't download.

Question about Enterprise. Instead of 3 keys, you get 1 and it says multiple activation. I've never used an enterprise version. What does that mean ?

One key with enterprise Versions can be used many times on many machines that's all it means.

One key with enterprise Versions can be used many times on many machines that's all it means.

So does this mean, as a Technet Subber, I can download the enterprise version and use that one key for all the installs?

How many activation's are we allowed?

I'm only considering this because the Pro version is mysteriously missing and the standard version will not work with Server 2012 Essentials.

Maybe I just got a good connection and don't know it. But I was browsing just like old times now and can bring of the list of everything and every key I got.

The Enterprise key we use at work says 5000 activations, but you can call them and get it reset or extended.

Enterprise has a few little differences than Pro. It supports branchecache, booting VHDs, etc. Not sure about the Enterprise vs Pro features of Win8 though.

The Enterprise key we use at work says 5000 activations, but you can call them and get it reset or extended.

Enterprise has a few little differences than Pro. It supports branchecache, booting VHDs, etc. Not sure about the Enterprise vs Pro features of Win8 though.

Enterprise does it all with one exception, no Windows Media Center, that's the one thing that Pro does that Enterprise doesn't.

Took a little time to get things going as the MSDN site was getting updated but all is well now. Remoting into my home machine and downloading all the images there to be ready when I leave work. Speed is pretty good now.

windows8.iso from Technet contains both pro and regular. The key you place will depict your version.

Back