Anyone NOT having fun with BF3?

You're right...but you know what? I'm very fucking close to boycotting every single shooter that uses this kind of rank up/unlock mechanic from here on out. If that's every shooter from here on out, oh well.

I definitely hear ya. The frustration of feeling comparatively gimped to everyone else is not fun in the least. I'd hate to try and come into something like this game even another week from now... let alone months down the road.

I don't think it's going away any time soon though. Continually having to "get the next thing" is just far too addictive for most people, and the game companies know it, and they know it'll keep people playing their shit far longer than if they gave you everything up front.

Finally just gave up and uninstalled today. I spent 45 minutes just trying to get into a game.

You're right...but you know what? I'm very fucking close to boycotting every single shooter that uses this kind of rank up/unlock mechanic from here on out. If that's every shooter from here on out, oh well.

This is something I fully realized last night. I just started playing and I could not get anything to work. I would get the jump on people and shoot them and they would just kill me. Unlocked the ACOG and suddenly everything starts turning around. I think unlocks are stupid great for lifeless skilless kids who can drop 14 hours a day into unlocking everything but unlocks should be side grades or customizations not strait up advantages. TF2 has a far better system most unlocks are specialized for certain circumstances, but you can jump right in with nothing on a F2P account and start wrecking people with the stock weapons. In this game I saw right away in the first day unlocks are pure advantages.

I much prefer the maps where the action is close and forced rather than giant maps where people think they are elite snipers and half your team is just sitting on the hills shooting at tanks with their mod 11...

Grand Bazaar, Seine Crossing are my favorite maps right now.

The game is fun but has a bunch of frustrating bugs. Play this game with friends otherwise it goes into your trash bin quick...

I'm really hoping a lot of people leave when MW3 comes out so that you're left with the people that actually try to play the game, you know med packs, ammo kits, revives... OBJECTIVES...

Granted, it's early on and I'm still learning maps, but I have to say... so far I haven't seen a single map in BF3 that I enjoy more than almost every single BC2 map. It almost feels like there is just too much going on in BF3 maps to get a decent grasp on how to stay alive long enough to accomplish anything. Having to crawl half a mile just to get from point A to point B without instantly taking a bullet to the head just isn't all the fun that it's cracked up to be.

This is something I fully realized last night. I just started playing and I could not get anything to work. I would get the jump on people and shoot them and they would just kill me. Unlocked the ACOG and suddenly everything starts turning around. I think unlocks are stupid great for lifeless skilless kids who can drop 14 hours a day into unlocking everything but unlocks should be side grades or customizations not strait up advantages. TF2 has a far better system most unlocks are specialized for certain circumstances, but you can jump right in with nothing on a F2P account and start wrecking people with the stock weapons. In this game I saw right away in the first day unlocks are pure advantages.

Absolutely. I mean, even if you finally unlock the gun you want, you will still get owned at range without decent optics. Let alone the shit like claymores, grenade launchers, or mortars. I finally unlocked the grenade launcher last night and went from 1-3 K/D ratio the round before to 4-1 while sportin that thing. Game changing much?!

not liking mortars at all. should be a 2-3 rounds per life like rpg's or grenade launchers

I definitely hear ya. The frustration of feeling comparatively gimped to everyone else is not fun in the least. I'd hate to try and come into something like this game even another week from now... let alone months down the road.

I don't think it's going away any time soon though. Continually having to "get the next thing" is just far too addictive for most people, and the game companies know it, and they know it'll keep people playing their shit far longer than if they gave you everything up front.

It'd be nice to see game devs give kind of a walled-off newbie server approach or something. You know how in MMOs that have PvP servers, the starter zones aren't PvP enabled, and you don't get flagged until you complete the first quest area's stuff. Why not have some server options that limit it to level 10 and below? Then people new to the game can play on servers where the playing field is even and they can get at least a few of the basic unlocks before being thrown to the level 30+ wolves.

It'd be nice to see game devs give kind of a walled-off newbie server approach or something. You know how in MMOs that have PvP servers, the starter zones aren't PvP enabled, and you don't get flagged until you complete the first quest area's stuff. Why not have some server options that limit it to level 10 and below? Then people new to the game can play on servers where the playing field is even and they can get at least a few of the basic unlocks before being thrown to the level 30+ wolves.

Something along those lines should definitely be implemented. Matchmaking by level brackets or something really wouldn't be that hard to patch-in either I would think.

What was the problem you were having Brennok?

Server not responding after connecting and paying for a minute or two. Server can't be found when trying to connect. Battlefield 3 has stopped responding. Also random glitches while playing like reloading after a single shot after respawn. Sometimes my guy would throw a health kit or ammo kit in the middle or firing without switching to the kit. Random recoil where a single hot has none and the next shot acts like I just unloaded the entire magazine where I can't even bring the gun down to target. Random environment issues where I get stuck and can't move sometimes even when I just spawn on teammates.

None of these issues I had in beta or in alpha and it happens on two different PCs.

My feeling is they would never do that because it would counter the whole leveling system. Kinda like valve is never going to implement a feature to turn off client side drawing of hats. EA/DICE know the kids who have no skill and rely on the upgrades wont hack it with the other level 30s they need level 4 cannon fodder like me to feel good.

Also can anyone get battle log to work in game? I tried to open the browser and goto it thinking it would be a ghetto hack to get an in game server browser but it would not let me enter my credentials.

I don't ever really notice that I get "owned" by someone because they have better upgrades. For the most part it comes down to who gets the jump on who and who has better aim; after a decent amount playing I've never felt at a disadvantage due to someone elses upgrades or constantly killed by one guy who had a one-up on me from said upgrades.

I don't ever really notice that I get "owned" by someone because they have better upgrades. For the most part it comes down to who gets the jump on who and who has better aim; after a decent amount playing I've never felt at a disadvantage due to someone elses upgrades or constantly killed by one guy who had a one-up on me from said upgrades.

Red dot sights/ACOGs are the big advantage.

And I have lost count of how many times I've gotten the jump on someone, only to have them kill me and then find out they had 3% health or 7% health left.

Last night there was some serious nerd rage going on in my apartment, I'm not gonna lie. :mad:

I know when I first started out (beta) there was some serious rage going on in my apartment, too, until I got used to how you need to move in this game and use cover - it seems very different than BC2. "Cutting the pie" well is absolute money in this game, at least for me, seems most people don't do it stringently enough and I eat their faces. ;)

I know it's just my experience, but I'm actually doing substantially better in BF3 than BC2; my long-time BC2 K:D was 1.13, and right now after about 12+ hours I'm at 1.5 and actually rising, I'm shocked.

"Cutting the pie" well is absolute money in this game, at least for me, seems most people don't do it stringently enough and I eat their faces. ;)

i had to google this, had no idea it was a named tactic. i've been doing it in FPS games since i can remember playing them. i agree it's very useful in BF3 (or any game, really, where you can die very quickly). i think people do this naturally without being aware that it's a legitimate tactic.

Server not responding after connecting and paying for a minute or two. Server can't be found when trying to connect. Battlefield 3 has stopped responding. Also random glitches while playing like reloading after a single shot after respawn. Sometimes my guy would throw a health kit or ammo kit in the middle or firing without switching to the kit. Random recoil where a single hot has none and the next shot acts like I just unloaded the entire magazine where I can't even bring the gun down to target. Random environment issues where I get stuck and can't move sometimes even when I just spawn on teammates.

None of these issues I had in beta or in alpha and it happens on two different PCs.

That sounds rough man, I know that they were doing some work on the EA backend earlier today which migh thave been part of your problems with connecting. Also, do you have your server filter configured correctly for your region? I found this gets rid of a lot of the crappy servers that shouldn't be in my list. Sometimes if maps are changing i get all sorts of problems trying to join as well.

As far as the other glitches and stuff, I'm not sure what to say. I've gotten stuck in various places, it sucks and can be frustrating, the random ammo drops and stuff, thats very strange - do you have any kinda wierd key binds?? Are you using a wireless mouse/keyboard? What kinda PC do you have?

The recoil is very strange in the game sometimes, If you take a single shot and don't give it enough time to come all the way back to center, the next few shots can definitely cary your reticle way off.

Pathetic how dice said all bugs etc will be fixed for the final game.. damn jerks i cant believe how overhyped this game really is.. its years from being called the true bf2 sequel.

Link to where Dice stated this? I'm not quite sure I've ever seen a bug free pc game.

I love the game. I'm about 30 hours in with mp, sp and a couple co-op rounds and I haven't run into any of these 'gamebreaking" bugs I keep seeing people mention. I have a feeling the vast majority of issues are pebcak related.

not liking mortars at all. should be a 2-3 rounds per life like rpg's or grenade launchers

I've had the opposite experience....gotten killed using Mortars more (or quicker) than any other weapon...good thing Dice doesn't listen to every individual complaint about the game, and take rash actions.

I definitely don't like how this game makes me spew out more obscentities in a two hour gaming session than I normally do across a year.

I've had the opposite experience....gotten killed using Mortars more (or quicker) than any other weapon...good thing Dice doesn't listen to every individual complaint about the game, and take rash actions.

What's the rule on mortars usage? I haven't played much support (or was it recon)?

What do you mean "rule" on mortar useage?...there are no rules; but, you can be easily seen w/ a special symbol on the map..........so, don't hang around too long....which kind of defeats the purpose....my point was, one persons complaint is another persons best feature.............go figure.

This is something I fully realized last night. I just started playing and I could not get anything to work. I would get the jump on people and shoot them and they would just kill me. Unlocked the ACOG and suddenly everything starts turning around. I think unlocks are stupid great for lifeless skilless kids who can drop 14 hours a day into unlocking everything but unlocks should be side grades or customizations not strait up advantages.

Yeah, pretty much, sounds about ri-

TF2 has a far better system
What the fuck

I definitely don't like how this game makes me spew out more obscentities in a two hour gaming session than I normally do across a year.

Hah, that is me exactly. I don't know what it is about this game, a technical glitch that should have been fixed back in Alpha or dying from some lame balance issue. I seem to get pretty dang upset with this game.

I think it is because I've built up such a hype for the game and want to like it so much. It's turning out to be very difficult to like.

This is something I fully realized last night. I just started playing and I could not get anything to work. I would get the jump on people and shoot them and they would just kill me. Unlocked the ACOG and suddenly everything starts turning around. I think unlocks are stupid great for lifeless skilless kids who can drop 14 hours a day into unlocking everything but unlocks should be side grades or customizations not strait up advantages.

dude, if you had said IRNV instead of ACOG, i could get on board with you're saying and would have actually believed that you know what you're talking about. acog doesn't give you a great advantage. i use iron sights on all of my guns, except for those moments i want to rape others who are using IRNV (IRNV = h4x). i love iron sights and they actually make killing people easier for me.

the starting guns in this game are fantastic. they really are, so no one has an advantage over anyone with other unlocked guns most of the time, except for possibly recon. i haven't played a single round of recon... it doesn't really appeal to me even though i know i could snipe decently.

The ACOG gives you an advantage even you are unwilling to go as far as saying it does not. I did not say it turned me into Fatality but I did notice that I started to increase my killing with it and that turned things around for my team. Even you say you use it to counter people with IRNV so what is wrong with my logic? These are upgrades. Look at other posts from people affirming my experience and or pointing out other examples, you come in with stock weapons you are at a disadvantage in this game, no honest person can deny that. Anyhow my main point was I have only so far experiences the ACOG maybe when I get this IRNV I am going to start wrecking servers who knows.

For me, it's just a thing, I suck with iron sights. I'm fine with red dots, but I've always been terrible with iron sights.

FWIW, it's like that for me in real life too. I always do badly at M16 qualification for the USAF. They're changing it up and now I'll be firing the M4 with and without a red dot sight, so we'll see if I'm better with the red dot in real life. It also doesn't help that I'm right-handed but left eye dominant though...

The ACOG gives you an advantage even you are unwilling to go as far as saying it does not. I did not say it turned me into Fatality but I did notice that I started to increase my killing with it and that turned things around for my team. Even you say you use it to counter people with IRNV so what is wrong with my logic? These are upgrades. Look at other posts from people affirming my experience and or pointing out other examples, you come in with stock weapons you are at a disadvantage in this game, no honest person can deny that. Anyhow my main point was I have only so far experiences the ACOG maybe when I get this IRNV I am going to start wrecking servers who knows.

i meant i use the IRNV to rape OTHERS who are using the IRNV. i never use the acog because i think it takes up way too much screen space for my liking and it's more annoying than helpful.

and yeah, IRNV is h4x.

i still stand by my opinion that unlocks for guns in my experience only help you slightly, but it's nothing that should give anyone an overly unbalanced advantage... minus the IRNV. haha.

For me, it's just a thing, I suck with iron sights. I'm fine with red dots, but I've always been terrible with iron sights.

FWIW, it's like that for me in real life too. I always do badly at M16 qualification for the USAF. They're changing it up and now I'll be firing the M4 with and without a red dot sight, so we'll see if I'm better with the red dot in real life. It also doesn't help that I'm right-handed but left eye dominant though...

good luck with your qualification man.

IRNV is basically cheating in this game, target acquisition is so fast its stupid.

So easy to kill people, I get stupid scores with it.

IRNV is basically cheating in this game, target acquisition is so fast its stupid.

So easy to kill people, I get stupid scores with it.

it doesn't help that you can literally sweep anything from a room to a mile of open expanse in 2 seconds and know with 100% certainty if anyone is visible. even 1 pixel of a nuthair glows nuclear fucking orange and is a dead give away.

i honestly hope they nerf it into the ground before bf3 because battle of the predators.

of course i'm an asshole and use it because it's too fucking good to pass up but i die a little on the inside every time.

i honestly hope they nerf it into the ground before bf3 because battle of the predators.

of course i'm an asshole and use it because it's too fucking good to pass up but i die a little on the inside every time.

haha, predator h4x ENABLED.

predator%20vision.JPG

it doesn't help that you can literally sweep anything from a room to a mile of open expanse in 2 seconds and know with 100% certainty if anyone is visible. even 1 pixel of a nuthair glows nuclear fucking orange and is a dead give away.

Its fucking awesome hahaha. I use it cause its good. So easy to get too.

Ive run across people who are already max rank... so im waiting for a reset... however annoyed ive become... its no different than any other game until a patch or 3... although honestly.... if i hit a fucking helicopter with a tank main gun... it shouldnt be DISABLED.. it should be DEAD... same with hitting it with a stinger... if its disabled.. why is it able to land without crashing? How about vehicles that self heal?

This is the problem with the whole catering to the masses shit... little annoyances that are nothing more than assinine when you create a lifelike and realistic looking game.. only to FAIL with the hit detection and the auto repair and disabled shit...

Now back to killing i go...

Yeah, you shouldn't be able to repair a chopper while inside it, that is just stupid. Choppers are invincible if they have an engi inside repairing it.

I don't like how the matches end so quick. I expect to play 20-35 minute matches and it all ends in like 3-5 minutes. Can't really be that competitive with the matches ending that quick. Hope there is a way to filter servers in the future for this.

If your matches are ending in 3-5 minutes then obviously one team is stacked. Not really the game's fault.

I don't like how the matches end so quick. I expect to play 20-35 minute matches and it all ends in like 3-5 minutes. Can't really be that competitive with the matches ending that quick. Hope there is a way to filter servers in the future for this.

what the... are you playing conquest 64? sounds more like TDM to me haha.

what the... are you playing conquest 64? sounds more like TDM to me haha.

I play the conquest 64 player servers and the tdm servers that are big. Big servers end real quick. Smaller ones end around like 8 minutes usually but i would like it to be real long to be able to get high amount of kills and points.

Back