Anyone know when (time) Windows.com will start letting us download Windows 8 Pro?

I clicked upgrade assistant, went thru the steps submitted my payment info and downloading now. Pretty slow download bouncing between 130kb/s to 2MB/s estimate about 45mins.

Thank you for taking me seriously! I just bought it and am downloading.

i'm not sure where that link came from, but it works. i am also downloading now. thanks!

Getting it now from the link, thanks.

Using Windows 8 at work has really pissed me off, looking forward to using it at my house when I don't need to have a mounted of applications open or any crap like that.

Took about 11 minutes to download and I am currently making an ISO, backing up the ISO, burning it to DVD and then just installing from my desktop. All and all, longest wait thus far has been my own paranoia.

Not sure what is up with my download speeds, started it 30 minutes ago and it's been at 1% with 15 hours left to download.

Well Windows 8 is installed. Thank you for your help. Gonna fine tune later.

Thanks as well, mine is up and running. BTW the upgrade is the full version, you don't need a prior install. I know this because I started doing the upgrade through windows and then on the restart I booted from the secondary copy I put on a usb. When booted from the USB it let me wipe it clean and do a full install.

That doesn't prove that you don't need a prior install. When you booted from the USB flash drive it probably detected the partially-upgraded install on the hard drive, thereby allowing you to proceed with the wipe and reinstall.

(Running Windows 8 on my laptop here since it was available via MSDN. And I have a boxed copy on the way from Amazon.)

That doesn't prove that you don't need a prior install. When you booted from the USB flash drive it probably detected the partially-upgraded install on the hard drive, thereby allowing you to proceed with the wipe and reinstall.

Likely true. Someone will surely try installing on a blank hard drive soon and we will know for sure.

Call me old school, I still like having the actual boxed media. Yes I paid $69.99 for it, but still nice none the less...

Back