Anyone have pics of Westinghouse 37" LCD??

morfinx said:
So now I can get it for 1300 + 249.99 4-year service plan (won't give me the price for lower price bracket, since the original price is higher) + tax (127.87) = $1677.86 out of the door.

I told him to write me an invoice since I was on lunch break and had to go back to work. So I have 4 hrs to consider this. So, hot deal or not? Please respond in the next 4 hrs! :D

Reasonably hot depending on how bad you really wanted the service plan. I was at my local Best Buy today and stopped to check this set out. They had it listed for $1700. It looked at least as good as most of the similar size LCD sets but maybe not as good as the similar sized plasmas (though the Westy was cheaper than almost all of these and probably higher res. too if you have monitor use in mind).

Elec said:
Reasonably hot depending on how bad you really wanted the service plan. I was at my local Best Buy today and stopped to check this set out. They had it listed for $1700. It looked at least as good as most of the similar size LCD sets but maybe not as good as the similar sized plasmas (though the Westy was cheaper than almost all of these and probably higher res. too if you have monitor use in mind).

keep in mind BB does have it hooked up with DVI. They probally have it at 420i. So from what i've seen and read, its only gonna look better than what u've seen at BB.

im waiting to hear back from Westinghouse tomorrow regarding the refurbs for 13xx.. if they have a 2 week return policy or something, ill be getting it tomorrow. :D

Hehe, just so turned out that the BB computer won't charge me 249.99 for the service plan since the adjusted price in the computer is 1299.99, so I got the service plan for 159.99. Along with Terminator 2 Extreme Edition (WMV9 HD), I went away with everything for less than $1600 :D About to hook it up, will report back :)

well.... I just went out to BB and picked one up.

No good deals though ;/
$1800
-$200 off
= $1600
+$150 Tax :mad:
Total = $1800

If you know how I can get a better deal!!
PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!

Thanks

Have a friend cause a rukus at the Yellow shirt stand and then run out with it.

:p

can some one take a picture of it with out the speaker please. I can't find a picture of it with out the speaker anywhere on the internet.

cornfield said:
can some one take a picture of it with out the speaker please. I can't find a picture of it with out the speaker anywhere on the internet.

westy01.jpg

westy02.jpg

westy03.jpg

Without the speaker the stand reveals 4 very nasty looking nubs where the screws used to go into to hold up the speakers.

Get that smile off your face :p
Man, I jumped on the logitech-z680's 3 weeks before the 5500's came out (I had no idea), and everytime I see the new ones, I cry a little. How's watchin the matrix on that screen?

Can anyone post some closeups of the screen to see the "crisp quality" ?

And for those who have it, the 12ms response time, is enough ?! theres any ghosting !? Can you play BF2 whitout any problems ?! ( im FPS freak :p )

DouglasteR said:
Can anyone post some closeups of the screen to see the "crisp quality" ?

And for those who have it, the 12ms response time, is enough ?! theres any ghosting !? Can you play BF2 whitout any problems ?! ( im FPS freak :p )

2MB each 2560x1920
http://mrdavies.net/images/CIMG0078.JPG
http://mrdavies.net/images/CIMG0077.JPG
http://mrdavies.net/images/CIMG0082.JPG
http://mrdavies.net/images/CIMG0086.JPG

I havent noticed any ghosting...I'll install BF2 today and take some pics..

So i spoke to Westinghouse. Regarding their refurbished TV's. You get 90 day manufactrure warranty, not a year. they do NOT have any type of return policy other than if if is broken within the 90 days or bad pixels. One in the middle, 2 near the middle, or 5 scattered around. This is not a risk im willing to take.

I did however find that cruchfeild is sellling the TV for 1700 shipped to my door with a 30 day no questions asked $ back garuntee.. they even pay for the shipping back to Crutchfeild.. Im going to call them now and find the details..

EDIT: turns out crutchfeild is clutch.. lol.. They do have a 30 day NO QUESTIONS asked $$ back garuntee. And they will pay for the shipping back.. So i told the guy lets order it... turns out my debit card is set to $1500 max otherwise i have to call up to unlock it.. But its Mt.Luther King day, so no one is at my bank... NOOOOOOOOOO Now i have to wait yet another day... then wait 5-7 more business days for frate.. I might just say screw it, go to BB and get raped w/ their prices.. but atleast i wont have to wait...

Any best buy guys near the NY area wanna help me out and hook it up with thier EDP? ill shoot ya 50 bucks!! :D

----------
+ .08625%
-----------------

Thats too much, Fawk BB.. i cant justify that price when people got it in texas for 500 less.. I'delove to get this TV today, so if anyone has any ideas, i'de seriously apprecate it!

thanx morfinx for those pics of it without the speakers. I think i like it better with out those speakers might have to have it painted black though :) we'll see.

Deutch420 said:
i cant justify that price when people got it in texas for 500 less.. I'delove to get this TV today, so if anyone has any ideas, i'de seriously apprecate it!

Supposedly that $1199 sale price ends TODAY 1/17/06 (of course there might be another sale in the future). Find someone who's willing to go and buy the TV if a nearby BB has the Westy in stock for that sale price. Then have the Westy shipped to you. Probably have to compensate them for their time and trouble. Simply put, are you willing to hire a "personal shopper" for that $500 price differential?

In fact, this concept of "hiring a personal shopper" could work if there's a great bargain at a local store, that is not available to an interested distant buyer. Want-to-sell posters could offer to be hired as a personal shopper and buy that local bargain and ship to a distant buyer. Of course, warranty and refunds could be VERY TROUBLESOME.

RevitXman said:

Thanks ! Great ! By the pics, i think its really crisp, the image is a little blurry but i think is because of the camera, and not the monitor itself.

If im not abusing, you can make a small video ( 15 sec ) of BF2 playing, to show any possible ghosting !!

And some of you guys possible can help me !!! Heres my topic, im trying to get a 37 West, and have some questions !

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1005576

Thanks for the help ! :p

ohhhhhhh man im so tempted to get one of these , my credit card is tingling :eek: :eek: :eek:

geteg said:
heya morfinx, whats that game yer buddy is playin in that pic?

City of Villains, he is a Master Mind, who can summon and command various mechs, as seen on screen.

Orange.exe said:
Get that smile off your face :p
Man, I jumped on the logitech-z680's 3 weeks before the 5500's came out (I had no idea), and everytime I see the new ones, I cry a little. How's watchin the matrix on that screen?

Funny you said that, cuz that's one of the first movies I tried. Let's just say my friend was speechless :p

hodiscuss said:
Simply put, are you willing to hire a "personal shopper" for that $500 price differential?.

yes, i am.. Anyone who wants to make a few bucks, that has some nice feedback (heat/ebay, whatever..) that lives near a BB or anywhere with the Westy at a nice price, let me know... I have no problem paying a "personal shopper" if it can save me a few bucks.. if the price is right, i'de be willing to pay some one 100+ to get it for me.... :eek: I would MUCH rather give money to some one on [H] than to Bestbuy... So if anyone thinks they can pick one up for me, please PM me.. Ill try to make it worth your wile...(im paypal verified etc..)

DouglasteR said:
Thanks ! Great ! By the pics, i think its really crisp, the image is a little blurry but i think is because of the camera, and not the monitor itself.

If im not abusing, you can make a small video ( 15 sec ) of BF2 playing, to show any possible ghosting !!

And some of you guys possible can help me !!! Heres my topic, im trying to get a 37 West, and have some questions !

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1005576

Thanks for the help ! :p

Yeah I'll see what I can do :cool:

Deutch420 said:
yes, i am.. Anyone who wants to make a few bucks, that has some nice feedback (heat/ebay, whatever..) that lives near a BB or anywhere with the Westy at a nice price, let me know... I have no problem paying a "personal shopper" if it can save me a few bucks.. if the price is right, i'de be willing to pay some one 100+ to get it for me.... :eek: I would MUCH rather give money to some one on [H] than to Bestbuy... So if anyone thinks they can pick one up for me, please PM me.. Ill try to make it worth your wile...(im paypal verified etc..)

In TX, Westy on sale for $1079+tax today with 10% coupon :D

http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1028861828&postcount=81

Got my 37" Westy today. A dead pixel that sticks out like a sore thumb and lots of ghosting. I'm not happy =(

kaldaim said:
Got my 37" Westy today. A dead pixel that sticks out like a sore thumb and lots of ghosting. I'm not happy =(

if you think there is too much ghosting, then sorry for you. return it then. the panel is 37in so it is going to have a slower response time than the 24in dell. some of us have learned to look past the ghosting, but sorry to hear that you can't. i feel the massive size out weights any ghosting that it has. but then again thats me. the ghosting is also more noticeable when running vga.

Xeero said:
if you think there is too much ghosting, then sorry for you. return it then. the panel is 37in so it is going to have a slower response time than the 24in dell. some of us have learned to look past the ghosting, but sorry to hear that you can't. i feel the massive size out weights any ghosting that it has. but then again thats me. the ghosting is also more noticeable when running vga.

I'm more worried about how I'm gonna carry the damn thing when I leave for grad school across the friggin country in a few months (in a compact car nonethless) :p

Deutch420 said:
I did however find that cruchfeild is sellling the TV for 1700 shipped to my door with a 30 day no questions asked $ back garuntee.. they even pay for the shipping back to Crutchfeild.. Im going to call them now and find the details..

EDIT: turns out crutchfeild is clutch.. lol.. They do have a 30 day NO QUESTIONS asked $$ back garuntee. And they will pay for the shipping back..

According to CF's site...

Large Item Special Shipping: This item will be delivered and placed in any accessible room in your home. Delivery is available to physical addresses in the lower 48 states. (Sorry, no P.O. Boxes or freight forwarders.) Transit time is 5-7 business days once your order has been processed. Extra charges may apply for delivery after business hours or on a weekend, or if the item must be carried up more than 5 flights of stairs.
Note: Free return shipping not available with this model.

No Free return shipping. Was the free return shipping confirmed over the phone?

NoID said:
No Free return shipping. Was the free return shipping confirmed over the phone?

yes. He did however mention that if it was a cosmetic reason (minor scratches NOT on the screen) they dont pay for the shipping back.. But that is a refurbished policy, so it makes sence. They have a dead pixel policy AND a backlight issue policy.
Pixel policy: 1 in the middle. 2 around the middle. 5 anywhere.. If you fall into any of these categories, they will refund/exchange (whatever you want) you your $$ AND PAY FOR THE SHIPPING BACK.

I spoke with Amus. !-800-388-2911 EXT: 3234 He was helpful so i recommend him to anyone.

BUT, people are getting them for $1300, so $1700 doesnt seem so nice anymore...i mean $400 bucks will get me a 7800GTX almost..

There was an unnamed 37" LCD TV for $1199 in yesterdays fry's ad.

I love this TV as a monitor, but my dvd picture quality is terrible. I was speechless as well, watching " The Matrix: Reloaded" except with how bad the compression artifacts were, how mushy the colors looked, and how much background "dancing pixel" noise there was from either a fullscreen PC DVD or a component input progressive DVD player. Forgive me those aren't the exact terms. :) I am still working with ffdshow to see if I can't get it better.

Watching T2 in HD was the first time I wasn't wincing every now and again, I guess because not having it blown up or upscaled. The "Alexander" trailer also looked great. I was feeling pretty bad about it until I saw the same thing only much less pronouced in the dvd's on my 57" Sony crt rptv.

I have seen ghosting on rare occasions but hardly enough to even be memorable. I have a sensitive eye, I guess, and it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

So, am I just a loon or is it I am just not used to fixed pixel display? Or is it something else entirely that I am not doing right?

Rhino

Rhinohelix said:
There was an unnamed 37" LCD TV for $1199 in yesterdays fry's ad.

I love this TV as a monitor, but my dvd picture quality is terrible. I was speechless as well, watching " The Matrix: Reloaded" except with how bad the compression artifacts were, how mushy the colors looked, and how much background "dancing pixel" noise there was from either a fullscreen PC DVD or a component input progressive DVD player. Forgive me those aren't the exact terms. :) I am still working with ffdshow to see if I can't get it better.

Watching T2 in HD was the first time I wasn't wincing every now and again, I guess because not having it blown up or upscaled. The "Alexander" trailer also looked great. I was feeling pretty bad about it until I saw the same thing only much less pronouced in the dvd's on my 57" Sony crt rptv.

I have seen ghosting on rare occasions but hardly enough to even be memorable. I have a sensitive eye, I guess, and it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

So, am I just a loon or is it I am just not used to fixed pixel display? Or is it something else entirely that I am not doing right?

Rhino

Rhino what cpu/vid card do you have? I can play 720p fine, but 1080p chokes up.

6800GT, running an Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked to 2.4ghz with 2GBs of RAM. The only time I can choke the machine down is by turning on too much stuff in ffdshow in the wrong order. The problem I have is both from the PC and with stand alone progressive dvd players. I haven't tried any stand-alone upscalers but I do have a friend who just plunked down for a Oppo to go with his projector. I imagine they would look similar to the basic ffdshow setup I have going on, though.

edit: funny we have close to the same set up and I don't have too much trouble with the frames in 1080p, unless I turn on enough stuff in ffdshow to get rid of the background noise. :confused:

Rhino

Rhinohelix said:
6800GT, running an Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked to 2.4ghz with 2GBs of RAM. The only time I can choke the machine down is by turning on too much stuff in ffdshow in the wrong order. The problem I have is both from the PC and with stand alone progressive dvd players. I haven't tried any stand-alone upscalers but I do have a friend who just plunked down for a Oppo to go with his projector. I imagine they would look similar to the basic ffdshow setup I have going on, though.

edit: funny we have close to the same set up and I don't have too much trouble with the frames in 1080p, unless I turn on enough stuff in ffdshow to get rid of the background noise. :confused:

Rhino

Ah so yours doesn't lag at all when playing 1080p? I heard that NV40 (6800GT)'s WMV acceleration doesn't work completely right.

I went back and ran through all the WMV HD trailers I had again, and there was an occasion stutter from time to time but for the most part it ran seamlessly. T2 played like a champ, other than what appeared to be an instance of bad "layer switch". That was playing in the interactual player, though, despite all the WMP 9 bs.

edit: might be the extra memory, then.

Rhino

kaldaim said:

Shitty deal for you, I have a dead pixel and I can't even find it half the time.

Ghosting? What the hell are you talking about? I'm a BF2 fanatic and I would be the first one to complain about ghosting...

Back