Anyone have hassles with VisionTek RMA?

mikecoscia

Limp Gawd
Had an issue with my 4870x2. Worked fine in games but had strange power up problems. It would not wake from standby, had to reset CMOS. Also on a cold boot up the board would report no VGA. After a quick reset usually worked fine, sometimes it required a CMOS reset.

Picked up a cheap ATI 4350 and no issues with it. Standby worked fine, and no powering on problems. So I RMAed my 4870x2

Just recieved it and tested it out a few minutes ago, BSODs. Made sure I was in safe mode to install drivers, Cats did not recognize the card. Finally managed to get it installed out of safe mode, and on restart BSOD. So called visiontek and they are sending out another. Just hope I don't go through this more than once.

Anyone else have any dealing with visiontek's RMA process?

Just do a search on the forum, there's plenty of stories of Visiontek RMA nightmares.

Just do a search on the forum, there's plenty of stories of Visiontek RMA nightmares.

like darkpaw said.. theres months worth of reading in the forums about visiontek's RMA service.. along with sapphire.. thank god XFX has joined the ATI market..

Eh, I've only ever had one experience with VisionTek RMA, but they were very efficient and professional about it, and communication was good. Turnaround time was less than a week from when I sent the faulty card out, and a perfectly functional card came back.

While there are companies with a less-than-stellar track record in comparison with other companies, it's hard to tell which type of company is which just based on anecdotal evidence. People who have had bad experiences are going to be more vocal about them; people with average experiences aren't going to say anything.

Just my thoughts.

Eh, I've only ever had one experience with VisionTek RMA, but they were very efficient and professional about it, and communication was good. Turnaround time was less than a week from when I sent the faulty card out, and a perfectly functional card came back.

While there are companies with a less-than-stellar track record in comparison with other companies, it's hard to tell which type of company is which just based on anecdotal evidence. People who have had bad experiences are going to be more vocal about them; people with average experiences aren't going to say anything.

Just my thoughts.

completely agree with you..

though after reading all the horror stories.. i just ended up throwing my dead sapphire/visiontek cards in my closet.. since i live in california you arent allowed to throw them in the garbage.. and im not going to drive a half hour to donate them to a recycling place.. if they want em recycled.. they can come to my house and pick'em up..

I RMA'd a 4850 which must have burned or something. There RMA service didn't seem professional. It has to be done through email which was hard to figure out. There was no status available but I did eventually get the card back about 2-3 weeks I believe.

I RMA'd a 9500 pro, and I never heard back from them ever again, even tried to contact them a few times.

In the future, I am going to just stick to XFX cards, or maybe ASUS, depending on the price of the card.

I RMA'd a 9500 pro, and I never heard back from them ever again, even tried to contact them a few times.

In the future, I am going to just stick to XFX cards, or maybe ASUS, depending on the price of the card.

Isn't the visiontek from the time of the ATI 9xxx series different from the current visiontek?

though after reading all the horror stories.. i just ended up throwing my dead sapphire/visiontek cards in my closet.. since i live in california you arent allowed to throw them in the garbage.. and im not going to drive a half hour to donate them to a recycling place.. if they want em recycled.. they can come to my house and pick'em up..

Haha, maybe you should mail 'em to me. The one VisionTek card I RMA'd was a card I purchased through a forum, but the seller was kind enough to provide me with a copy of his receipt after I (admittedly) fried the card while playing with fan settings and passive cooling. VisionTek processed the card anyway, no questions asked. I'm satisfied. :D

My RMA was more screwed up then my original card so I had to RMA again.

From now on its XFX only for ATI.

My RMA was more screwed up then my original card so I had to RMA again.

From now on its XFX only for ATI.

Wonder if I can get my money back if the second RMA does not work. Maybe I will try going to American Express, here's hoping.

Own three.My 4850 had some problems,I worked around that.Have never had a RMA but,their tech support blows big time.Lot's of luck:D

I can attest to how awful Visiontek's RMA service is. I bought my HD 4870 X2 back in December. I started having problems with it. The fan came loose and was causing a scraping sound when it was running. Also, it would cause my computer to crash whenever I was playing Fallout 3 and Halo 2. I sent it in to get fixed. That was on April 20, 2009. It is now June 2, 2009 and I have not received a card. They said that they would send it back at the beginning of May, but I haven't seen it. I have contacted the Better Business Bureau. They sent the concern to Visiontek, but I haven't received a response yet. I am thinking about contacting the Illinois Attorney General (I am a resident of Illinois, and Visiontek is also based in Illinois). The card costed me about $390 and I sent in $10 to have it returned to me. If all else fails, I can always file a small claims suit. $400 is a lot to me because I just got out of high school and have yet to get a steady stream of income. Does anyone else have any ideas?

FYI: VisionTek is all but killing their US service... they basically stopped their tech support number and apparently they do not even have proper products to replace defective cards with. One of our customers has his HD4K replaced with a HD3K cuz they had no 4K...

ugh, totally unacceptable.

I think i'll either stick with xfx for a higher end card, or Asus for a lower/mid end card. Since Asus started selling the eepc's there US precessence has stepped up.

FYI: VisionTek is all but killing their US service... they basically stopped their tech support number and apparently they do not even have proper products to replace defective cards with. One of our customers has his HD4K replaced with a HD3K cuz they had no 4K...

that is effing unbelieveable... im never buying a visiontek card ever

Just sold my Visiontek HD 4870 X2 on ebay for $305. I almost made a profit on the damn thing. I'm NEVER going to buy Visiontek again and will probably not buy from ATI again. I've got my eye on an eVGA GTX 295.....

Back