• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anyone gone Llano ITX yet?

Pjalchemist

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 12, 2008
Messages
253
As per the title really.

See Asus, ASRock & MSI have A75 boards out now in the UK.

The Asus is tempting with 4 SATA 6GB/s, makes me fancy upgrading with 2 more SSD's. Should make a nice fast RAID0 system with that!

Is there this miff still over the clocks on Llano?
 
What's the MSI one? I can't find any news at all on an MSI A75 ITX board. I can only seem to find the AsRock for sale but can't find the Asus or MSI one.

The AsRock seems very reasonable for the price and I am planning on getting it but if I do go ahead it won't be until the next 2 or 3 weeks at least.
 
newegg only has the ASrock one, last I checked. I'm pending on using it to replace my ASUS AM3 ITX board *just* in case if ASUS becomes nice and updates it to support Bulldozer (assuming Bulldozer doesn't get bulldozed). My only reservation about socket FM1 is the next "top end," APU will only support FM2...
 
I just ordered the ASRock and an A8-3850. Its upgrading the P4 3.0 GHz I'm using now. I'm going to put it in an Antec ISK 310-150. I should have all the parts tomorrow. I'll post pics!
 
I just ordered the ASRock and an A8-3850. Its upgrading the P4 3.0 GHz I'm using now. I'm going to put it in an Antec ISK 310-150. I should have all the parts tomorrow. I'll post pics!

I look forward to this!
 
What's the MSI ITX board called by the way? Any links? I've generally liked MSI for their budget prices, but it's quite hard to beat the ASRock board on price I guess.

I like the look of the Asus but I'm guessing it's going to be at least 20% more expensive than the ASRock.
 
Llano can be the smallest i think, just need a HSF small enough.

2.5'' drive/s SSD best
Slim optical
PICO PSU 150W

Im thinking this.. (it's like building a bad ass sarni)

Base to top okay

3 SSD's
1 Slim optical
Mobo
Slim HSF

SSD 9.3mm thick (call it 10mm)
SLim Optical 12.7mm (call it 13mm)

So thats 23mm/2.3cm.

Now it's a case to find a really good HSF thats really low profile that fits.

Fan well 25mm or 20mm Yate Loon i guess.
 
I've just ordered the ASRock A75M-ITX and an A8-3850. It shipped today. I expect the have it in hand by Friday and a pretty good idea if a super-compact gaming system is possible by Sunday :)
 
I own that Habey case. I've put a Zacate in it and had to add an extra fan because I felt the heat output of the CPU was too great. A Llano would fry in the case, especially if you tried to put a 100 watt Llano in it, which would also tax the 120 watt PSU. Bad idea.

As tempting as these APUs are, I would wait. Global Foundry's 32nm process is still undergoing growing pains, and AMD still hasn't gotten a handle on it yet. I'd wait for Trinity, by which time not only will the components used be better, but the process will be better as well.
 
Now it's a case to find a really good HSF thats really low profile that fits.

Fan well 25mm or 20mm Yate Loon i guess.

How about an Antec ISK300/310-150? Comes with 150W PSU (no external brick needed), uses two 80mm exhaust, can hold two 2.5" drives and one optical.

I've just ordered the ASRock A75M-ITX and an A8-3850. It shipped today. I expect the have it in hand by Friday and a pretty good idea if a super-compact gaming system is possible by Sunday :)

You understand we require a full report, right? :cool:

I own that Habey case. I've put a Zacate in it and had to add an extra fan because I felt the heat output of the CPU was too great. A Llano would fry in the case, especially if you tried to put a 100 watt Llano in it, which would also tax the 120 watt PSU. Bad idea.

Habey cases look nice, but yeah, they don't have the best ventilation. I determined that through looking at pics.
 
I don't like Antec person! PSU's i get 5 a week back and one case i built for a customer was shoddy workmanship
 
Was more thinking of making my own or modding something. Im tempted to see what the A8 oc's like. I've a DIY INK DDC 12w, EK top, EK Superme HF, 140mm 29mm thick ran and super silent yate loon. Tempted to set that up with copper pipe work to make it uber tight, cool and silent!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170691927980?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Not a bad looking case.

I have to be able to fit 3 SSD's, 1 Slim optical, Mobo. 3 2.5'' drives will fit in under an itx mobo within the foot print!
 
newegg only has the ASrock one, last I checked. I'm pending on using it to replace my ASUS AM3 ITX board *just* in case if ASUS becomes nice and updates it to support Bulldozer (assuming Bulldozer doesn't get bulldozed). My only reservation about socket FM1 is the next "top end," APU will only support FM2...

Wouldn't that be awesome if Asus updated the m4a88t-i del. to dupport BD. I have my doubts though.
 
Back
Top