Anyone Getting Resistance 2 ?

that's really disappointing, though not hard to believe the ps3 can't push it natively at 1080p.

it'll be extra disappointing for people who own older hdtvs not compatible with 720p.

maybe they decided to sacrifice crisp graphics for smooth game play.. cus it runs pretty damn smooth.

ok, just lazy developers then?

Very few games actually run at 1080p, and it's not due to "laziness" that they don't. Development is a series of tradeoffs. I don't like the gameplay of the resistance series, but you have to be a blind retard to think it looks bad for a console game just because the resolution number isn't what you expected or hoped for. Judge it on the game, not on the 720/1080 bullshit.

FYI - 720p is twice the actual resolution of Halo 3.

Yeah, wasn't halo 3 like...640 p or something like that? Plenty of people managed to play it somehow, and a few people bought it I've heard.

640 to 720 is not much difference... and it shows... the game looks like ass compared to other 1080p titles.

Sarcasm... or is your mathematical ability that broken?

Me thinks it's the latter. The real difference is something like 728k pixels (640P) compared to 921k pixels (720p) [approximate numbers]. Not exactly double. Unless of course you live in Australia. There everything is backwards... or something.

I picked it up last night, its just okay so far.. whats with the 720p rez? deosnt look all that great on my 57" HD... guess it will have to do until Killzone2 comes out.

I'm willing to bet my hardforum account that Killzone 2 will be 720p.

After reading this thread, I'm going to throw my hat into the 'waiting for a price drop' ring based on the statements a few have made about certain gameplay elements.

KZ2 is 720p??! WTF. I thought the plan from the beginning was 1080p?

I would think by now it would be pretty obvious that the whole 1080p thing requires a little more horsepower to be done right than we've got on todays consoles.

Also, 1080p has to be the most successful marketing blitz to ever shove a term into the collective populaces mouth.

Played R2 coop with 4 of my friends yesterday, and it was awesome. The coop mode reminds me a lot of Phantasy Star Online. Between this, CoD4 and 5 it's going to be a tough and long online season.

640 to 720 is not much difference... and it shows... the game looks like ass compared to other 1080p titles.

What 1080p titles? Most of those aren't native and are upscaled. Super Stardust HD looks much better in 1080p....

That's great.

Maybe you should post this on a thread comparing the PS3 and Xbox controllers. No one gives a shit in a PS3 thread.

Well this actually relates to the topic quite specifically if you'd pull your head out of your ass. The concept you seem to have missed which is implied, is merely that I won't be getting this title due to lack of proper game-pad. The comparison is valid because it is far easier to play Call of Duty 4 on an Xbox than it is a PS 3. This comparison states a fact intrinsic to the topic of conversation. In order to rationalize my idea I used the best possible associate to illustrate my point. Don't get your panties in a twist just because you don't like what I have to say. I'm not bashing the PS 3, it's an opinion, maybe other people find it invalid. However if you do think so, maybe you should consider telling me why the PS 3 is an excellent controller for Resistance 2, rather than be a total dullard.

I will be getting Resistance 2 but I do not want to pay MRSP.
I am in the process of completing Dead Space (aka Resident Doom).

You know, i'd rather a smooth running 60fps game with no real draw distance than anything else.

Then again I don't own a 1080p TV.. Although if i set my Ps3 to it, the tv does say 1080p on its menu. Don't understand this at all.

As much as i love ps3 and the games look great, i think the whole HD jump is more eh than ahhhh. These graphics are good, but for some reason i feel like I expected just a little more this generation.

On a really important note.. Which game will be the one to buy.. This or the new COD

Your TV might be reporting that the source is 1080p. I can get my older projection HDTV to accept 1080p as well, but the image quality is not good when this is set. I believe the TV is compressing/resizing the image to fit within its resolution.

As for R2 vs COD5, I personally would take R2.

BTW anyone get the resistance toy figure?

Your TV might be reporting that the source is 1080p. I can get my older projection HDTV to accept 1080p as well, but the image quality is not good when this is set. I believe the TV is compressing/resizing the image to fit within its resolution.

As for R2 vs COD5, I personally would take R2.

BTW anyone get the resistance toy figure?

Yes, it downscaled to a resolution that it supports. My downstairs Sony DLP does it even though it only goes up to 720p/1080i.

PS: The figure that came with the CE? What about it?

Well I like the multiplayer but the single player aspect of this game is below avearage. When I say that I mean almost on the verge of garbage compared to other singe player games to come out recently. Gears of War 2 so far is three steps ahead of this game when it comes to comparing solo portions of each. I am having fun with multiplayer so far. Haven't played GoW2's multiplayer yet.

I hate paying for a game that doesn't have the ballance of both solo and multi being solid. One good egg one bad egg doesn't make a good scrambled egg. Also, I don't remember but is their any solo co-op online campaign for this game? Didn't notice last night.

Well I like the multiplayer but the single player aspect of this game is below avearage. When I say that I mean almost on the verge of garbage compared to other singe player games to come out recently. Gears of War 2 so far is three steps ahead of this game when it comes to comparing solo portions of each. I am having fun with multiplayer so far. Haven't played GoW2's multiplayer yet.

I hate paying for a game that doesn't have the ballance of both solo and multi being solid. One good egg one bad egg doesn't make a good scrambled egg. Also, I don't remember but is their any solo co-op online campaign for this game? Didn't notice last night.

That's odd because so far all I've heard are good things about the solo campaign. Maybe not leaps and bounds, but a solid single-player experience.

What's so special about Gears of War?

gears of war is really a different game so it's hard to compare the two.

Yeah they are different games but I just had more fun/grasp me in the moment while playing GoW2. However, I spent an hour playing this game again I just can't get by the fact that other single players that I have played (Dead Space, Far Cry 2, Fallout 3 and GoW2) have a better single player experience.

My roomate told me that they are not the same game but when I asked him which was better, he agreed Gears. Maybe it's I am just gamed to the verge of almost death here because I have played so many games lately. Don't get me wrong I love the various intriguing weapons, graphics, multiplayer and flow of it all make it a good game, but I just want to be captured by it I guess. Just how I feel about it when playing solo.

Yeah they are different games but I just had more fun/grasp me in the moment while playing GoW2. However, I spent an hour playing this game again I just can't get by the fact that other single players that I have played (Dead Space, Far Cry 2, Fallout 3 and GoW2) have a better single player experience.

My roomate told me that they are not the same game but when I asked him which was better, he agreed Gears. Maybe it's I am just gamed to the verge of almost death here because I have played so many games lately. Don't get me wrong I love the various intriguing weapons, graphics, multiplayer and flow of it all make it a good game, but I just want to be captured by it I guess. Just how I feel about it when playing solo.

I tend to agree. I bought Resistance 2, but have barely played it. The first few levels were fun, but other games like Dead Space and Fallout 3 have grabbed my attention more. And today I grabbed Gears of War 2. Game is insane! I quit playing Fallout 3 and Dead Space to play Gears 2 for the past 10 hours straight.

Are you guys kiddng me? Some jaded people in this thread. Right, I mean, people have opinions and whatnot, but....Resistance 2 is almost a constant flow from set-piece to set-piece. If R1 was like Halo, R2 is like CoD. Also, this game has honest to goodness boss fights! Most FPS games don't have those! and they are good, videogamey boss fights! Game also has a co-op campaign that I hear is very different from the regular single-player, though I haven't had a chance to play the co-op yet. I can understand if maybe the game is just not for you, but atleast recognize that its well made. I can't stand RTS games, but I can still appreciate a good one in its own right. R2 is definitely better than the pile that is Far-Cry. I think that game was made purely from bullets in a powerpoint presentation. Whereas R2 has been deliberately distilled into a product aimed at fun!

People need to stop with this upscale to 1080p crap. You pay the $$$ for the upscaling technology in your LCD TV. Its like people who buy dvd upscalers and pay extra money for essentially nothing. If you have a decent-excellent TV, dont bother upscaling since the upscaler in your TV is probably better than the one in your system/crap dvd player. 720p upscaled to 1080p is still 720p, or rather, a pig with lipstick is still a pig.

Back on topic.. I passed on R2 for now, i think valkyria chronicles was a better choice between the two. Ive had enough of these shooters plaguing up my console. Well, maybe im saving myself for left4dead. LBP and dead space is whats in my fancy since i havent even opened valkyria yet (that and i returned fallout for valk). Watching isaac die is a hoot.

People need to stop with this upscale to 1080p crap. You pay the $$$ for the upscaling technology in your LCD TV. Its like people who buy dvd upscalers and pay extra money for essentially nothing. If you have a decent-excellent TV, dont bother upscaling since the upscaler in your TV is probably better than the one in your system/crap dvd player. 720p upscaled to 1080p is still 720p, or rather, a pig with lipstick is still a pig.

Word. I love these people that think 1080p isn't as much of an improvement over 720p.

Playing Resistance 2 right now. Love the pacing. The bosses are cool. Weapons are fun. There is an abundance of enemies requiring different techniques to take down. All good stuff.

The bad. PS3 controller and 720P. I wish I was playing this on my rig.

Yeah.. would you rather play games on your PC @ 1280x800, or 1920x1200. Its the same thing on a TV, just at a larger scale.

Anyone find the multiplayer to die for?.. or should i just wait on it.

If you have a decent-excellent TV, dont bother upscaling since the upscaler in your TV is probably better than the one in your system/crap dvd player.
Most TV upscalers are crap. That said, most upscalers in DVD players etc are crap too.

If you really cared about it you'd get a receiver with high end circuitry for it.

Just beat R2. Thought it was pretty fun all the way through. Lots of intense moments and all the bosses are pretty epic. I've also been gaming with this online. Been doing a lot of Co-Op, got my medic to LvL 22 and about half way to getting my 1 mill XP in competitive mode.

Its even more fun when your playing with good people online who know what their doing :)

I still think its lame they could only do 60 multi. Would it have really been hard to add another 4 to really show how the PS3 could compete with a PC?

Most TV upscalers are crap. That said, most upscalers in DVD players etc are crap too.

If you really cared about it you'd get a receiver with high end circuitry for it.

Not anymore. Most TV's have pretty good scalers these days.

I'll pick it up when I can get it for say $30 used. Probably be a couple months for that though.

The first one wasn't that good, so I'm not expecting much from it.

Back