Anyone ever see this with Ryzen onboard GPU?

LigTasm

Supreme [H]ardness
This is a new system for a friend, its based on a microcenter bundle with a 7700X and a Gigabyte B650 mATX board, 64GB DDR5 5600. Originally I was going to put my 7800XT in it but it was too long for the case so to check everything else I used the integrated GPU. When I got it running and into the BIOS I saw this (don't mind the music I my phone recorded me breathing and it sounded so loud so I just stuck a stock track from YT on it):

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFdNrpFeWKI

I tried both the DP and HDMI ports, settings were all at default with no OC applied and I did check it with my 32GB Teamgroup memory kit too. I found an old RX570 that fits in the case and tried that and everything was working fine, the CPU seems perfectly stable too. Is this a bad iGPU and just has no effect on the regular CPU operations? The only thing I haven't tried yet was moving it over to my main machine and see if its the board though I did pull the chip back out and check for bent pins.

that static bar that flickered through? on both ports? does it do it in windows? if not, it might just be a bit finicky with the oddball resolution/refresh rate the bios uses.

that static bar that flickered through? on both ports? does it do it in windows? if not, it might just be a bit finicky with the oddball resolution/refresh rate the bios uses.

Does it all the time. I tried another monitor too. Going to swap the chip to my machine tomorrow and see if it does it there, don't have the time to mess with it any more tonight.

I would try the cable on your machine first, easier than pulling everything out and swapping CPUs.

I would try the cable on your machine first, easier than pulling everything out and swapping CPUs.
said he tried hdmi and dp, i was assuming it wouldnt follow those, unless its just a dp adapter involved...

try either lowering ram speed a bit or up its voltage a bit. see if that helps at all.

Well I found the problem, it was the TP-link wifi add in card we got from his old rig. I took everything out of the case and built just the bare bones mobo + 1 stick of RAM with nothing else on top of the cardboard box and it worked fine, so I was suspicious of the case and power supply. I moved it into another case I had on hand that has a 1200W PSU in it already and added parts one at a time.

When I booted it up with the wifi card the lines came back. To be sure, I put the card in the x16 slot as well and the same thing happens. I'll have to use my USB wifi card to finish the rest of the setup and we'll get a different internal one later since he needs it. Kind of a shame since it was a pretty expensive card 2 years ago when it was new.

Well I found the problem, it was the TP-link wifi add in card we got from his old rig. I took everything out of the case and built just the bare bones mobo + 1 stick of RAM with nothing else on top of the cardboard box and it worked fine, so I was suspicious of the case and power supply. I moved it into another case I had on hand that has a 1200W PSU in it already and added parts one at a time.

When I booted it up with the wifi card the lines came back. To be sure, I put the card in the x16 slot as well and the same thing happens. I'll have to use my USB wifi card to finish the rest of the setup and we'll get a different internal one later since he needs it. Kind of a shame since it was a pretty expensive card 2 years ago when it was new.
That's interesting, and glad you found out what the issue was.

Are you on the latest motherboard BIOS available? Is there a firmware update available for the TP Link WiFi card? It would be a shame to scrap it given it was expensive and it's still probably still a good card. It wouldn't hurt to send a support message to Gigabyte and TP Link to see if they have any suggestions.

That's interesting, and glad you found out what the issue was.

Are you on the latest motherboard BIOS available? Is there a firmware update available for the TP Link WiFi card? It would be a shame to scrap it given it was expensive and it's still probably still a good card. It wouldn't hurt to send a support message to Gigabyte and TP Link to see if they have any suggestions.

BIOS is up to date. The card hasn't had a driver revision since 2020 so getting a new one might not be a bad idea. Interestingly, if I put it in my main rig (also a Gigabyte B650 with a 7800X3D) it doesn't do this, but it does show extremely slow speed tests. Like sitting at the PC my phone gets 500mb/s but the TP link card can only get ~70mb/s (and the gigabyte integrated 6E maxes out my connection at 600mb/s).

Back