• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anyone ever downsized?

TotalLamer

Gawd
Joined
Feb 21, 2009
Messages
765
Thinking about selling off my shitty TN-panel Samsung T240s and buying a trio of 2209WAs... but that would entail moving from 1920x1200 to 1680x1050.... thoughts?
 
Sounds good to me. 3 is better than one and in the end you'll have a heck of a lot more screen real estate to play with. Plus having 3 monitors makes you cooler than me. ;)
 
You won't regret buying three 2209WAs ... they are exceptional monitors.
 
Sounds good to me. 3 is better than one and in the end you'll have a heck of a lot more screen real estate to play with. Plus having 3 monitors makes you cooler than me. ;)

Well I'm not running 1 right now... running 2. I have a third but I wasn't able to use it because of 2 monitors max on CrossFire. :( Used as a TV in the bedroom right now.
 
Sounds like a good plan if you can get the 2209WA for $200 flat, and doing that requires a bit of coupon manipulation and gift card purchasing.

Though, if you have a source you're willing to share where I can get a $200 2209WA, I won't complain either. :D
 
Sounds like a good plan if you can get the 2209WA for $200 flat, and doing that requires a bit of coupon manipulation and gift card purchasing.

Dude on another forum I frequent who works for Dell and setup a DPA for anyone on that forum. I mean that might be my source. Or it might not. Just sayin'. >.> <.<
 
I left my job recently and had to downsize from a 30" 2560 monitor to a 24" 1920 screen....

Painful.
 
You mean you wouldn't downsize at all even if the resolution were the same, or you wouldn't have any qualms going to a lower resolution for a higher quality panel?

I wouldn't downsize if the resolution on both the larger and smaller monitorers was the same. I wouldn't downsize if the resolution were on the smaller panel was lower than the resolution displayed by the larger panel. I would however go for a smaller panel if the resolution were much better. I would only do that up to a point. I wouldn't likely drop to a smaller panel to get a resolution of 1920x1200 over 1920x1080 or something close like that. In my computer room I've got one computer hooked up to a Dell 3007WFP and another hooked up to a Samsung 37" LCD TV which is capable of running at 1920x1080. It's a 1080P model and I still prefer the Dell 3007WFP for gaming and general windows usage.
 
I wouldn't downsize if the resolution on both the larger and smaller monitorers was the same. I wouldn't downsize if the resolution were on the smaller panel was lower than the resolution displayed by the larger panel. I would however go for a smaller panel if the resolution were much better. I would only do that up to a point. I wouldn't likely drop to a smaller panel to get a resolution of 1920x1200 over 1920x1080 or something close like that. In my computer room I've got one computer hooked up to a Dell 3007WFP and another hooked up to a Samsung 37" LCD TV which is capable of running at 1920x1080. It's a 1080P model and I still prefer the Dell 3007WFP for gaming and general windows usage.

Blargh... just wish the U2410 wasn't so damned expensive compared to the 2209WA. :(

Of course, it's made worse because any price difference is exacerbated by the fact that I'll be buying 3 of them.
 
My Dell 3007 WFP-HC just went tits up (the screen started shimmering and flashing white randomly and got progressively worse). I was able to return it to CostCo and so I bought a Dell 24 inch monitor and am using the left over money to fund my new upgrade. My new S2409W has absolutely zero backlight bleed, which is a nice improvement over the 30 inch Dell. I miss the extra resolution, but honestly, I'm digging this 24 inch monitor.
 
I use a 30" 2560x1600 at home, but when I'm on-site for a job the LCDs are only 17" 1280x1024 or 20" 1600x1200. The horror, the horror...

Last week, I set up my parent's new PC. It has a 22" 1080p LCD. It seemed very small, too.

When I spend a lot of time on my laptop (15.4" MBP), going back to my 30" feels H-U-G-E... but I like it!
 
I kinda downsized.

I bought a 26" NEC 2690WUXi in 2007 to replace an aging 19" Planar PX191 from 2002/3; I eventually gave it to a friend of mine.

In December 2008 I bought a 23.6" Asus VK246H (1920 x 1080) for my HTPC basically for limited usage (0 - 5 hours per week). I figured I was gonna buy an HDTV anyway so might as well get something cheap with 1920 x 1080 resolution. I was using the Planar PX191 for my HTPC up to this point.

Back around June I "upsized" again when I decided to go dual screen. I paired up my NEC with a 26" Planar PX2611w.

I "downsized" again (in resolution) when I bought my 47" LG 47LH90 HDTV back in August to finally replace my SDTV which I bought back in 2001.
 
Back
Top