• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anyone else having problems with cracks on hd555's?

Ragenrok

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
May 15, 2007
Messages
4,590
Well for a while now my senn hd555's have had a big crack in the arm/headband. they still work fine but it bugs me that I payed this much for a set of headphones that seem to be cracking.

Today someone posted the exact same problem on another forum and a few people responded with the same issue. While I dont baby them they are generaly takin care of. Or course they have been knocked off my desk once or twice but I still have a pair of $20 head phones that are years older and have taken way worse of a beating (there my travleing set so there bumped lots) and dont have any cracks like this.

While they sound fantastic it certainly seems like senn could of done a better job making them as they dont seem strong enough. People with other brands of sennheiser headphones arn't having problems so it seems like its a defect with only hd555's. One guy tried to rma it and of course sennheiser refused the warrenty blaming us for abusing them.
 
I just dug up my old HD595's (same exterior design) from my closet and there's no cracks despite being buried under a pile of miscellaneous things. That said, the plastic headband adjustments on the sides are pretty thin and the joints at the cups look pretty flimsy. I know the headband on the HD280 is well known to eventually crack after awhile.
 
I've had mine for a few years and no cracks. You can try plastic weld. That said, you could also try some good headphones.
 
Back
Top