Anyone else have a 6800LE?

pxc said:
there is no 6600GT AGP. but yeah, 6600GT PCI-E > 6800LE AGP from 3dmark03 and doom3 benchmarks.

Where have you been? Theres hundreds of AGP 6600GTs.

ray4389 said:
Where have you been? Theres hundreds of AGP 6600GTs.

Actually, that's pretty new. Took nVidia forever to start getting them out there for some reason -- despite the fact that supposedly all they had to do was slap that little chip on the bottom and presto have an AGP card.

Nazo said:
Actually, that's pretty new. Took nVidia forever to start getting them out there for some reason -- despite the fact that supposedly all they had to do was slap that little chip on the bottom and presto have an AGP card.

"New" my ass... HardOCP 6600GT preview dated November 16 2004:

http://hardocp.com/article.html?art=Njg5

As you can see from the pictures the card layout for the AGP version is totally different from the PCI-E version.

I did say supposedly. However, they only repositioned things. Had to make room for an extra chip. The problem is, apparently that bridge gets pretty hot and is kind of sensitive. Repositioning a few things, while not super-easy, shouldn't be THAT hard...

Now, what I meant by new is not that the 6600GT itself is new, or that the AGP model is technically new, but, that it's relatively new as in only recently have you actually been able to buy them. At the time I was looking at video cards, I thought 6600GT was my best bet (this was before my dad offered to pay for half of one of these as a gift) and I looked forever without being able to find one. Mind you, they are 100% out now and you shouldn't have any troubles finding them anymore.

Back