• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anyone else getting these p295_ WUs??

OSUguy98

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2006
Joined
Oct 8, 2003
Messages
3,959
My 2.4C (overclocked to 3.0GHz right now) is crunching on 2 of these 234 points beasts...... their Gromac units... but each frame is taking 40-45 minutes :eek: It's going to take something like 3 days to chrunch one of these things out....

My P4 2.66 here at work has one too.... 33 min per frame.... Anyhow, just thought I'd see if I was the only one :D


Keep on Folding!!

 
My 1.5 OC AMD is taking about and hour each, I hope my 600 mhz firewall box doesn't get one it will be in november before it could do it all :p

MMM MMM Chewey :D
 
i don't have the 295 wus, but my athlon boxen (my 2 local ones, anyway) are crunching some p263 gromacs @ 221 points each and 30-40 minutes a frame depending on how much load i put on the machine myself... of course, that is STILL 3.5-5 points/hour. whee:D (tho i have hit 7 on a WU or two... that was cool)
 
Oh good, it's not just me then.

Thought Stanford had targeted just me for all the fun. These are chewier then Pamela Ander……….well, you get the point ;)
 
Yah, my pIII 800 boxen for the 6 year old is chewin on one.....and takin awhile to boot.
 
Yep, I have 4 of them now. The tough thing is that I have 2 of those WU on my 3.2 HT box!! Talk about chewy!!!!
 
rogue_jedi said:
i don't have the 295 wus, but my athlon boxen (my 2 local ones, anyway) are crunching some p263 gromacs @ 221 points each and 30-40 minutes a frame depending on how much load i put on the machine myself... of course, that is STILL 3.5-5 points/hour. whee:D (tho i have hit 7 on a WU or two... that was cool)
where do you get the colored [H] for your rankings?
 
Go back 6 pages and there is a thread called the next best thing, follow the instructions It is cool :D
 
I got p639_L939_K12M-nat 400 frames, but it's cooking through at a frame every 5.5 minutes worth 239 points though

/me tries to keep a low profile so SmokeRngs won't notice him creeping up.
 
Well I guess I finished my very first one, a Tinker, since only joining yesterday.

I've just now gotten a new p265 Gromacs core. At first it said it would take 67min a frame, and that I would finish it on Oct. 4th.

But it doesn't say that now. It says 2m/22sec a frame?
 
RagingSamster said:
I got p639_L939_K12M-nat 400 frames, but it's cooking through at a frame every 5.5 minutes worth 239 points though

/me tries to keep a low profile so SmokeRngs won't notice him creeping up.

Oh, I've noticed. Just haven't been able to do anything about it lately though. I think I might see if I can get my old motherboard & CPU up and running with a little spare hardware until my friend gets the rest of his stuff in so he can get his system built around my old stuff. That would go a long way to increasing my falling production.

Don't worry, I'm not giving up. :p
 
RagingSamster said:
I got p639_L939_K12M-nat 400 frames, but it's cooking through at a frame every 5.5 minutes worth 239 points though

/me tries to keep a low profile so SmokeRngs won't notice him creeping up.



If a Gromacs @400 frames is worth 239 points.....then I wonder what this 1,000 frame

p265_h2o Grom. I've got is worth point wise. More "curious" about the points then

concerned about them. It's folding @ 1m and 22 sec, and was 1/3 of the way

through it as of logging-off last night after letting it work for several hours.
 
D/L Electron Microscope, and use the calculator, it will list the point value of the particular package. It's linked in the faq
 
Actually, Electron Microscope will show the value of the work unit without using the calculator. It will show it on the main status page. You can use the calculator to see what kind of points per hour and stuff like that the work unit will work on your machine. It does come in handy. I just started messing with the calculator recently even though I've been using EM for a while now.
 
Back
Top