Anyone else get this? [F@H]

drkfce

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 31, 2001
Messages
333


Seems kinda odd that the WU went from 2000000 to 500000 steps. Is the WU invalid, or should I let it keep crunching?

I searched 7 pages into this forum, so I am pretty sure it's not a repost. :)
 
:eek:

step 4

5

4

6

5

6

7


That's some fancy counting there. I'm guessing this is one of mage's installers since he is so picky with math type thangs.

I dunno, that's an odd one. 1.. let it go, the core is pretty good at knowing when it's fubar'd.

2. delete all files but console and client.cfg. It will download everything (and actually grab the same WU from Stanford you dumped too). Your only ~ (a big ~ there) 5 steps into the WU.
 
Damn...29 minutes/frame...I hope that was a 600ptr before it decided to grab another protein.
 
SpoogeMonkey said:
Damn...29 minutes/frame...I hope that was a 600ptr before it decided to grab another protein.

Had to restart, and when I ran it again, it dumped the WU. :/
 
SpoogeMonkey said:
At least you were only 7frames into it....I hate when they dump when you're 95% done :mad:

Actually, I was 35 frames into it. A bit of a "happy medium". ;p
 
drkfce said:
Had to restart, and when I ran it again, it dumped the WU. :/

For what it’s worth if you are working with your main machine and have to start and restart I have had great success simply deleting the cores now and then. Once I started that practice I have had no problems.

Just a thought


 
BillR said:
For what it’s worth if you are working with your main machine and have to start and restart I have had great success simply deleting the cores now and then. Once I started that practice I have had no problems.

Just a thought


Listen to the old fart...he is right.

(you had that coming, moose killer picture poster) :p
 
AtomicMoose said:
Listen to the old fart...he is right.

(you had that coming, moose killer picture poster) :p

Oh yeah, I’m going to be paying for that picture for a looooooooong time, no doubt about it ;) :D
 
BillR said:
Oh yeah, I’m going to be paying for that picture for a looooooooong time, no doubt about it ;) :D

Sounds like that picture is going to pop up every now and then just when Moose least suspects it. :p

 
marty9876 said:
That's some fancy counting there. I'm guessing this is one of mage's installers since he is so picky with math type thangs.
1) I can count
2) Delete the cores, and they'll re-download themselves
4) Why they don't run md5 on themselves before running beats me
3) I like turkey
5) Especially with gravy. Yeah, gravy is good.

 
ARGH! It did it again, even after deleting and redownloading the core... :(

# Windows Console Edition #####################################################
###############################################################################

Folding@Home Client Version 5.04beta

http://folding.stanford.edu

###############################################################################
###############################################################################

Launch directory: D:\folding2
Service: D:\folding2\FAH504-Console.exe
Arguments: -svcstart

Launched as a service.
Entered D:\folding2 to do work.

[09:44:01] - Ask before connecting: No
[09:44:01] - User name: drkfce (Team 33)
[09:44:01] - User ID: 591DE3547AC6543E
[09:44:01] - Machine ID: 1
[09:44:01]
[09:44:01] Loaded queue successfully.
[09:44:01] + Benchmarking ...
[09:44:04]
[09:44:04] + Processing work unit
[09:44:04] Core required: FahCore_78.exe
[09:44:04] Core found.
[09:44:04] Working on Unit 02 [November 26 09:44:04]
[09:44:04] + Working ...
[09:44:04]
[09:44:04] *------------------------------*
[09:44:04] Folding@Home Gromacs Core
[09:44:04] Version 1.86 (August 28, 2005)
[09:44:04]
[09:44:04] Preparing to commence simulation
[09:44:04] - Ensuring status. Please wait.
[09:44:21] - Looking at optimizations...
[09:44:21] - Working with standard loops on this execution.
[09:44:21] - Previous termination of core was improper.
[09:44:21] - Files status OK
[09:44:40] - Expanded 2967475 -> 16166417 (decompressed 544.7 percent)
[09:44:41]
[09:44:41] Project: 1140 (Run 123, Clone 51, Gen 17)
[09:44:41]
[09:44:41] Entering M.D.
[09:45:04] (Starting from checkpoint)
[09:45:04] Protein: p1140_RIBO_FSpeptide_EXT_nospring
[09:45:04]
[09:45:04] Writing local files
[09:45:04] Completed 89107 out of 250000 steps (36)
[09:49:44] 107 out of 250000 steps (36)
[10:46:37] 0000 out of 250000 steps (36)
[10:55:17] 000 out of 250000 steps (36)
[13:47:25] 2500 out of 250000 steps (37)
[13:56:17] 500 out of 250000 steps (37)
[16:49:59] 5000 out of 250000 steps (38)
[16:58:52] 000 out of 250000 steps (38)

600 pointer too... :( :(

Is this because I am running the beta client?
 
Are you running two cores on this setup? I noticed that you have your folding2 directory setup set as machine 1. If your running two cores, make sure that each folder is setup with a separate machine ID.

Eg.

Code:
[09:44:01] - Ask before connecting: No
[09:44:01] - User name: drkfce (Team 33)
[09:44:01] - User ID: 591DE3547AC6543E
[09:44:01] - [B]Machine ID: 1[/B]
[09:44:01]
[09:44:01] Loaded queue successfully.
[09:44:01] + Benchmarking ...
 
ICE_9 said:
Are you running two cores on this setup? I noticed that you have your folding2 directory setup set as machine 1. If your running two cores, make sure that each folder is setup with a separate machine ID.

Eg.

Code:
[09:44:01] - Ask before connecting: No
[09:44:01] - User name: drkfce (Team 33)
[09:44:01] - User ID: 591DE3547AC6543E
[09:44:01] - [B]Machine ID: 1[/B]
[09:44:01]
[09:44:01] Loaded queue successfully.
[09:44:01] + Benchmarking ...

I did for a bit, I was tying to get sneakernetting up for my other boxen, so that might have been the problem.
 
Back
Top