• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anyone else get an e6420 yet?

400fsb has some sort of special treatment by most boards in terms of internal latencies. get mbench and take a look at your latencies and bandwidth at 400fsb and at 401 and you'll see what I mean. 400fsb with 4:5 for 1000ddr2 is monster
 
unfortunately my computer is all taken apart at the moment and won't be reassembled until i get off my ass and start dremelling. but if you want, http://www.x86-secret.com/Download/mbench.zip

get that and run some tests. have all settings the same but do one test at 400fsb set in bios and one with 401fsb set in bios. see the difference
 
I just started doing some serious overclocking on my e6420 and I got it to 3.6GHz on 1.4V no sweat. Thats with a 450FSB.
I have a feeling I could top out about around 4GHz at 1.5+ volts, but I don't want to until I get the room temp cooler. I may get the commando itch again soon though.

I took a screen shot but it is worthless because it only shows a super PI of 14 sec (sweet) but my CPUz speed says 2700MHz due to the fact that I still have power management turned on :)
Also, I didn't ask my wife yet if she minds me posting a hot picture of her one the web because she is on my desktop ;)
 
Back
Top