• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Anybody using MSI pt880 neo?

jebo_4jc

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2011
2FA
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
14,572
I'm wondering because:
1. Supposedly a recent bios release has improved overclocking pretty substantially (I'm still using stock, and with SATA RAID, the board lets me overclock FSB 1MHz!!!

2. For some reason, MSI live update doesn't work with my internet (using Sprint cell phone as modem for now.....shhh.....don't tell Sprint.....it's basically free!)

So, I would have to flash old school style, which is a pain for me, especially since I don't even own a working floppy drive......
 
you can do it from a cd with a bit of work, especially if you happen to have a win98 or so cd lying around. as long as you can get a floppy image with cdrom support, you can do it that way.

you could also probably go download the bios from MSI, then tell it to look there... at least that's how my asus works. dunno how MSI deals with it.
 
I played with a bootable CD a bit last night, but the award flasher program I was using didn't play nicely (I assume it attempted to write to the cd).

I was really wondering if any pt880 owners had the updated bios with a SATA setup.....
 
Just download the bios from msi's site and then run live update with the "from file" option.

 
Back
Top