Anybody have a large Geek Squad logo? & ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, the comment about the cables.

Cables at Bestbuy have nothing to do with someones knowledge... Bestbuy marks them up because people BUY THEM. Do I know this? Yes. I pay 1.25 for a cable that would cost you $40. That is why I work there.

Tengis said:
They are just a bunch of n00bs. The geek squad people dont work at Bestbuy just because they know how to fix stuff... which everyone behind the bench knows how to do. They are at least DECENT salesmen/women who know what to say and how to say it without lieing to sell you an in-home service or in-store service. Yes they do have a Geeksquad CD with utilities... is it the same stuff you would use? Absolutly. Spybot, Adaware, AVG Antivirus, Hijack this... and many others.

I do work at Bestbuy. I am going to be a technician as soon as I work on the sales floor long enough. Is it great money to get through college? Of course. EVERYONE at my local Bestbuy knows how to diagnose problems except for ONE guy... and all they ever have him do is install drivers, updates... and simple things which dont require much thought.

The people that actually perform the service are in no way the ones that dictate the price, dont bash the Geeksquad like I did before I started working for BB. They DONT pick the prices... is it worth it to some people to pay those prices? YES, thats why they make alot of money doing it.

Example: Guy was in Bestbuy today snickering when I was talking to someone about video cards... he was a n00b and thought the 5200 we had was a good card because it has 256mb of ram. After they went away he said he was a computer nerd and he knew it was a good card that could run HL2 and Doom3 great, and that I just wanted to make commision on it.
A- He is a noob because he thinks its a nice card.
B- I proved him wrong promptly by pulling up benchmarks on one of our display computers, then he quickly said his friends benchmarks proved otherwise.
C- Apparently the customer is always right in Bestbuy, because he walked away snickering and laughing.

Example- There is a guy that works in our Geeksquad named Ike. I had a very intelligent convo with him about how he works 1 or 2 days on the weekends at Bestbuy simply for the discount on stuff... for a college project him and his buddy wrote a bunch of proggies with a custom GUI for a VIA Epia on a touchscreen that would easily allow him to play anything movie/music wise in his car. He went alot more in depth... I doubt 1 out of 100 people on this forum even could do anything closely related to that. He is a very intelligent person and I respected the Geeksquad alot more after talking with him and a couple of other people that work there. They are like me... want a simple job that pays well, while doing something they like.

Ugh, it horribly disgusts me how closed minded some of you people are. You think you can put down other people and treat them like shit simply because they work somewhere and you think you know more than them. Its like putting down someone that works at Walmart and slandering there name because you think Sugarfree gum costs too much.

Ugh.

Agreed. And as for putting people down based solely on where they work..These are the people who I was referring to above, the ones that THINK they know what they are talking about, but in actuality would not last in the real world.

Bah, i guess this would better fit Genmay ;)

One good thing about working for BB or Geeksquad, you get a discount on items...Plus when a shipment of games, movies, or hardware comes in they get first dibs....While us noobs, amatuers, and anti-geek people have to wait or buy online....

Oh, and one more thing. I bought my 6800gt for 270 =)

This thread is now dead.

Tengis, nobody is jealous of you...especially after observing your myopic discourse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back