Anybody have a large Geek Squad logo? & ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenchi4U

¡el papa grande
I need one that is a decent size (like 640x480) so I can start exercising my 1st amendment rights via anti-Geek Squad shirts.

YES I will wear them to BB and yes I may be thrown out...but it is not libel or slander...b/c I will be expressing an opinion, not making false statements.

Thoughts so far on what to put (no profanity):

"Geek Squad: Hoping you don't figure out we have no clue what we're talking about until after you've paid."

"Geek Squad: Making it up as we go."

"Geek Squad: Dance, monkeys, dance!!! (bring money)"

I don't have a logo for you, sorry. But, I will be placing an order for a couple of these when you get them done. I might even deliver a couple to the Geek squad desk :D

I will go poke around for one.

take that one and do some illustrator work to vectorize(is that even a word?) it

then you can resize it to whatever you need

Geek Squad is for people who do not realize that building a computer is almost as easy as turning a screwdriver and plugging in a toaster :rolleyes:

some generic phrases

What does this red wire do
what is a hard drive
We always have extra left over parts
If it dont work format it

Axdrenalin said:
I'll second Sidewinder's vote...

Ax

Dittoing the seconded vote! :D

BTW let me know when you get the logo done and I will buy one from you so I can iron it on one of my own shirts ( I am fat so I need big shirts), that way I can wear it when I go to my extended families house and piss 'em off! Head of household happens to be a higher-up at BB. :D

Servian said:
some generic phrases

What does this red wire do
what is a hard drive
We always have extra left over parts
If it dont work format it

Lets not forget the old "Now how much memory is 40 gigs?"

When will people ever figure out the difference between RAM and HD storage? :eek:

AX

or

"with the awesome power of this e-machines desktop you can do anything from video editing to hardcore gaming... with 32mb of integrated graphics and 128mb of system memory and a blazing fast celeron cpu!"

O was thinking of buying one off eBay also. But I'd rather get a good big of the logo and print them out and stick them on white or lighter color shirts (I'm not doing blakc, b/c it would cost a amateur like me too much time/money/ink.

compslckr said:
"with the awesome power of this e-machines desktop you can do anything from video editing to hardcore gaming... with 32mb of integrated graphics and 128mb of system memory and a blazing fast celeron cpu!"

Yeah, I remember that model, the E-Machines Bottleneck Edition PC. The 2000 edition worked great with Duke Nuke'em 3d and Castle Wolfenstein though (what, 4 and 8 year old games at the time?).

How many people actually got burned on that sales pitch, though? Must've been thousands... :(

Ax

Geek squad isnt that stupid, I work at Bestbuy and Ive always put them down as well. Just think of it this way, you *think* you know alot about computers, but if you suddenly started working at Bestbuy as a Geeksquad agent (who gets paid bookoo ammounts of money) would you suddenly have down syndrom and forget all you know about computers and troubleshooting simply because you are wearing a logo and are driving a bug?

The few Geeksquad people at my Bestbuy do know what they are talking about 99% of the time, and that 1% is when someone wants to know something about enthusiast features like the latest mobo or something.

Also, nobody at Bestbuy works on commision, so nobody ever tells someone some BS about buying a Celeron emachine like you said.

Are the geeksquad prices outrageous? Yes.
Are you angry because you dont work there? Probably.
What? You didnt think of the idea to fill your corporate pocket with cash first? Hell no.

Like I said, I work at Bestbuy, I get jackasses coming in there everyday asking me questions about videocards, mobos, and cpus.

Tengis said:
Like I said, I work at Bestbuy, I get jackasses coming in there everyday asking me questions about videocards, mobos, and cpus.

You do at least call them customers in front of their face right? Also, are those not things that BB sells? ;)

They should send some of your Geek Squad members down here...b/c around here, they're all tools.

I've met one thus far who actually knew his stuff. I try to talk to as many of them as I can. Most seem like salespeople to me, they know whats on the shelves well, but not how to diagnose or repair specific or technical issues (other than reload XP, run some spyware remover or virsucan, or replace something).

I have 2 pix of geek squad cars. Here are the logos I cropped out.
I have the full pix if you want them.

geeksquadlogo20rd.jpg

geeksquadlogo5ya.jpg

Anyone know what their prices are (ie. a price list available somewhere)?? I want to find out and charge people just enough less that they go with me :D

Stealing these from someone else:
Geek Squad: The customer is always right, because they probably are.
Geek Squad: Charging $40 for installing Spybot S&D since 1994.
Geek Squad: A new motherboard is the first solution to any problem.
just a couple

The Geek Squad has a good racket going on there. The stuff that I hear coming out of those who work at BB is often unbelievable. Havent really spoken to any Geek Squall people yet. Although, at the BB next to me I saw three GS people behind their lusterous counter. Not one of them were under 40 and one was a woman who was about 60.

If you want an original geek squad shirt to work from, I have one I can ship to you.

I unfortunately used to be a double-agent (geekmobile driving geek).

And for the guy who works at best buy, the double agents may know their stuff, but it is rare to find more than one CIA agent per store who knows their stuff. The store is usually too busy brainwashing them with eLearnings on digital cameras instead of letting them learn about the parts in the store.

Tengis said:
Geek squad isnt that stupid, I work at Bestbuy and Ive always put them down as well. Just think of it this way, you *think* you know alot about computers, but if you suddenly started working at Bestbuy as a Geeksquad agent (who gets paid bookoo ammounts of money) would you suddenly have down syndrom and forget all you know about computers and troubleshooting simply because you are wearing a logo and are driving a bug?

The few Geeksquad people at my Bestbuy do know what they are talking about 99% of the time, and that 1% is when someone wants to know something about enthusiast features like the latest mobo or something.

Also, nobody at Bestbuy works on commision, so nobody ever tells someone some BS about buying a Celeron emachine like you said.

Are the geeksquad prices outrageous? Yes.
Are you angry because you dont work there? Probably.
What? You didnt think of the idea to fill your corporate pocket with cash first? Hell no.

So you tell someone to replace the motherboard because the subd vga connector gets pulled out, or tell other people to replace the motherboard when it does not boot because the keyboard it wet.....If you dont, your other brothers/comrads (at BB) do....

Tengis said:
Your an idiot, those are extreme cases.

More often than you think. Or did your all-in-one cd create that response for you...

RavinDJ said:
Anyone know what their prices are (ie. a price list available somewhere)?? I want to find out and charge people just enough less that they go with me :D

from what i remember when i called them, not for help, but jsut to find out how much they are raping people for.
A minimum home visit is $120, which goes against any charges you may incure.
I think you can take it to them for a minimum of $80, but i may be wrong on both accounts.

The 2 biggest problems you will have when competing against geek squad is brand name and money.
The name because as dumb as it is, a lot of people still think best buy is a good place to take your computer for repair, and since geek squad is owned by them, it's good too.

Money comes into play because Geek Squad (best buy)can afford to front almost every part to a new computer, and approach it with a educated "shotgun" style. "Well it could be the HD, so let's check that first and go from there." Where as most independant techs can't afford to swing that much capitol for someones problem.

Also, Geek Squad has the disclaimers, I am sure every customer has to sign a form that when your local dork squad tech loses your data, it's just part of the risk you take with computers and you should have had a backup.

Geek Squad In-Home Estimate: $129
Geek Squad In-Store Estimate: $60

Those are your minimums.

darktiger said:
More often than you think. Or did your all-in-one cd create that response for you...

You sir, are a fucking retard. Ide say 1 in 4 Geeksquad people actually know there stuff, and the other 3 of the 4 know what stuff is... but they only know it by the book, not because they are true "geeks" like most people on this forum.

Tengis said:
You sir, are a fucking retard. Ide say 1 in 4 Geeksquad people actually know there stuff, and the other 3 of the 4 know what stuff is... but they only know it by the book, not because they are true "geeks" like most people on this forum.

So you are saying that only 25 out of 100 know THEIR stuff.. Man that is some bad odds.. I also like how they sell cat 5, and usb cables at like 100% markup...So I guess they just live off the ignorance of people... Plus imagine those odds in other fields " 1 in every 4 doctors know their stuff, or 1 in 4 surgeons know there stuff"... I am just saying if BB is going to have "Professional" service, make sure their squad knows their stuff...Not just pull people off the computer sales floor and say "Do you want to make a little more money".

You sir, are a fucking retard.

And how old are you 5.... Stop generating those responses from the geek squad insult comeback program off that geek squad CD

Your an idiot, those are extreme cases.
You sir, are a fucking retard.
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1026133236#post1026133236

The [H]ard|Forum Rules:

(1) Absolutely NO FLAMING OR NAME CALLING. Mutual respect and civilized conversation is the required norm.

It's the first rule, is it really that hard to follow?

I pray your response isn't, "Well he started it!".

For somebody that is accusing others of being an "idiot" or a "retard", it seems you have the problem with:

1) following simple rules
2) rudimentary grammar and punctuation
3) engaging in mature, opinionated conversation
4) realizing some people will further antagonize you once they see how worked up you get

Tengis said:

So you work for Best Buy, and are actually accusing people of being jealous of your job?

Not every tech you see at GeekSquad is a noob. Some of us are much more qualified than you all (referring to the bashers) and are at BB strictly for the discount.

Threads like this make me laugh. I see people bashing on the BB tech bench/GeekSquad accusing the geeks of not knowing anything, and it reminds me of customers who come in and think they know what they are talking about. These are the same type of people who gloat about how they know so much, how they are great with computers, and so on...Right after the bragging is when they pound their tower on the bench and ask me to help them fix it..How ironic...

Vile said:
Not every tech you see at GeekSquad is a noob. Some of us are much more qualified than you all (referring to the bashers) and are at BB strictly for the discount.

Threads like this make me laugh. I see people bashing on the BB tech bench/GeekSquad accusing the geeks of not knowing anything, and it reminds me of customers who come in and think they know what they are talking about. These are the same type of people who gloat about how they know so much, how they are great with computers, and so on...Right after the bragging is when they pound their tower on the bench and ask me to help them fix it..How ironic...

They are just a bunch of n00bs. The geek squad people dont work at Bestbuy just because they know how to fix stuff... which everyone behind the bench knows how to do. They are at least DECENT salesmen/women who know what to say and how to say it without lieing to sell you an in-home service or in-store service. Yes they do have a Geeksquad CD with utilities... is it the same stuff you would use? Absolutly. Spybot, Adaware, AVG Antivirus, Hijack this... and many others.

I do work at Bestbuy. I am going to be a technician as soon as I work on the sales floor long enough. Is it great money to get through college? Of course. EVERYONE at my local Bestbuy knows how to diagnose problems except for ONE guy... and all they ever have him do is install drivers, updates... and simple things which dont require much thought.

The people that actually perform the service are in no way the ones that dictate the price, dont bash the Geeksquad like I did before I started working for BB. They DONT pick the prices... is it worth it to some people to pay those prices? YES, thats why they make alot of money doing it.

Example: Guy was in Bestbuy today snickering when I was talking to someone about video cards... he was a n00b and thought the 5200 we had was a good card because it has 256mb of ram. After they went away he said he was a computer nerd and he knew it was a good card that could run HL2 and Doom3 great, and that I just wanted to make commision on it.
A- He is a noob because he thinks its a nice card.
B- I proved him wrong promptly by pulling up benchmarks on one of our display computers, then he quickly said his friends benchmarks proved otherwise.
C- Apparently the customer is always right in Bestbuy, because he walked away snickering and laughing.

Example- There is a guy that works in our Geeksquad named Ike. I had a very intelligent convo with him about how he works 1 or 2 days on the weekends at Bestbuy simply for the discount on stuff... for a college project him and his buddy wrote a bunch of proggies with a custom GUI for a VIA Epia on a touchscreen that would easily allow him to play anything movie/music wise in his car. He went alot more in depth... I doubt 1 out of 100 people on this forum even could do anything closely related to that. He is a very intelligent person and I respected the Geeksquad alot more after talking with him and a couple of other people that work there. They are like me... want a simple job that pays well, while doing something they like.

Ugh, it horribly disgusts me how closed minded some of you people are. You think you can put down other people and treat them like shit simply because they work somewhere and you think you know more than them. Its like putting down someone that works at Walmart and slandering there name because you think Sugarfree gum costs too much.

Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back