Any word on Torchlight ][ release ?

Tomorrow... Tomorrow...

Most anticipated game of the past year for me.

Bah, that's so close to Borderlands 2. Soon as that comes out, I'm sure that's where my time will be spent. TL2 might just have to wait.

well, they fucked that release date right up. With Guild Wars 2 out now, and Borderlands 2 coming out the 18th, I can't see sales doing as well as they could have been, if they had released much sooner. If they had stuck with 30 days after diablo 3, they most likely would have sold more copies.

I'll still buy it, but not at full price, and certainly not at it's release date. I'll wait for a steam sale or when i'm bored of everything else.

Well it's only $20 and I'd rather have the polished version than the generic version. I have lots of patience.

They had so much time to release but they did it too late. I'll play it, but too many big games are out now, or coming out.

Wow, two days after Borderlands 2 on release. There's two games right there that guarantee asinine amounts of lost free time for a LONG time for a lot of people.

Get ready to kiss those Diablo 3 blues goodbye!

I'll start with Torchlight 2, and hopefully while I'm playing it a good deal for Borderlands 2 pops up.

With Bordelands 2 out two days before I doubt I'll buy it day one. I'll wait a few months.

Shit...pre-ordered both BL2 and TL2. How am I gonna have time for all this shit?

#firstworldproblems

Hmm, I'll likely be too absorbed in my return to University (2nd degree) by that time. Oh well. Maybe over christmas.

Already pre ordered it. But in all honesty I think TL2 might have to wait awhile in my Steam backlog, lol. (in my defense, I initially expected it to come out before Guild Wars 2 when I pre ordered it :p)

Maybe they should have spent more time trying to get the game out then creating videos trolling their fanbase.

They fucked up this release.

Maybe they should have spent more time trying to get the game out then creating videos trolling their fanbase.

Agreed. The price is still right, it will still sell...but nowhere near what it could have if they had beat D3 to the gate, much less so far after a bunch of good games have been released.

They already have my money. So does GW2 and BL2.

I don't care if they delayed TL2 for another year. BL2 will keep me busy!

I probably won't even install TL2 until this winter, even though I paid for it.

With GW2 to keep me busy, Torchlight 2 went from a prepurchase game to a wait for a $5 sale. I am passing on BL2 so it isn't even a conflict there.

They just took too long. It should have been released last year.

How can you claim a release is fucked up. When it hasn't even been released yet lol.

How can you claim a release is fucked up. When it hasn't even been released yet lol.

Because they are releasing way too late, and within days of other extremely popular releases. I don't think it's totally "fucked up" (the game's done when it's done, I'd rather have polish than buggy shit) but I can see his point.

Regardless of whether they released the game too late, I'm still gonna play the shit out of it!

Well considering I got more "value" from the first one then most class A titles so I'm willing to give them the vendor of the doubt this one time

Some of the stuff I'm seeing in this thread in just the last page is just truly laughable.

I'd rather have a game not rushed out for the sake of some high QC any day of the week vs what's unfortunately been more of the rule in gaming.

Past this, folks, they're giving it away at $20!

Sure, I wanted to play it a month or two ago like anyone else but here's my "theory" at least: They knew better than to come out anywhere near Diablo 3. If they had released near that game I could have seen the "too close to other releases" criticism having some weight. Coming out anywhere near Diablo 3 would have been stupid.

They wisely let that thing hit and watched the fallout. Gave it wake.

They looked at that and saw an opportunity to counter-program and work off that and ensure the QC which I'm confident they have and will.

I look at the game releases happening within a few weeks of each other in October-Novevber with a bunch of AAA titles outright clashing with each other that goes far past this Torchlight 2/Borderlands 2 situation. It's not even close.

And again, it's only TWENTY DOLLARS.

All this whining is going to disappear promptly on Sept. 20. Mark my words. Wait until you see this thread light up with people playing the game and posting screenshots.

Now...for all this...if this thing hits and it has ANY issues? There won't be any excuses for it.

I'll be right there with you bitching, whining, and complaining but for now I see no grounds for it right now whatsoever past the understandable "I wanna play it NOW!"

It's less than three weeks away. Patience! :)

Last edited:
No one is saying that the game should have been rushed, or that it's going to suck or something, but the timing of the release is just bad. It's not a big deal but when you're an adult with work and family and whatnot, it's hard to juggle multiple games at a time given your limited gaming time.

No one is saying that the game should have been rushed, or that it's going to suck or something, but the timing of the release is just bad. It's not a big deal but when you're an adult with work and family and whatnot, it's hard to juggle multiple games at a time given your limited gaming time.

Yea but its much easier to juggle a $20 game, then $60. TL2 will be fine when it releases, as I await patiently (getting very antsy, almost as bad as me waiting for football season).

Got the e-mail today, RELEASE DATE IS SEPT. 20th!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to have to agree about poor timing on the release. They are releasing this game after both guild wars 2 and Borderlands 2 are released. Optimal timing would have been a little bit after some people got a little burned out on Diablo 3 or even late 2011. I myself want to play this game, but I picked up both borderlands 2 and guild wars 2. I work 9-5 mon- fri and have a girlfriend. I'll probably go ahead and wait a couple of months before picking this up because my gaming time is a bit limited these days.

I realize that you don't want to release an unpolished turd but there are going to be a lot of people like me unfortunately that don't have the time to juggle all these games.

Back