Any word on a NV silencer for the 7800's?

fallguy

2[H]4U
The 7800's run hot, and I would rather push the hot air out the back of the case, and not have it heating up the inside. Ive looked a little on their site, but didnt see anything. Has anyone else?

neubspeed said:
Is the screw arrangement for the heatsink the same as the 6 series?

Yes, but the arangment of the ram chips is different. They extend farther on the card, so some of them are not cooled propely. If I recall correctly, the base of the nV Silencer is raised to make contact with the ram, but it woudlnt make proper contact on a 7800GTX. In short, it woudl work (or so I believe, dont take my word as gold), but not as good as one tailored to the card would.

The 7800 GTX uses a 4-wire PMW fan, so it will likely be a while before anyone comes out with an aftermarket cooler. I would prefer a 2-slot design also to exhaust the hot air out ths back of the case.

The new fan is SILENT - mine is as quiet as my Arctic Silencers! It has never spun up to high speed mode when I was benchmarking with 3Dmark05 or playing BF2 for an hour.

Anyone know what temp these things acticavate high speed mode on the fan? I have the BFG 7800GTX

fallguy said:
The 7800's run hot, and I would rather push the hot air out the back of the case, and not have it heating up the inside. Ive looked a little on their site, but didnt see anything. Has anyone else?

?Mine runs cooler than any Ultra i had. 48 c idle is pretty dam good no?

7800GTX-2.jpg

When I tried the 7800GTX in my Shuttle SN25P the temps went up somewhat, which I expected since the fan dumps hot air inside the case. Previously I have used both a 6800GT and X850XT in the SN25P Shuttle, but both had Arctic cooling silencers.

I now have the 7800GTX running in my Shuttle ST20G5 which has mesh sides, it definitely gets plenty of more airflow comapred to the Shuttle SN25P and it runs significantlty cooler! Low 50's at Idle and it did not exceed 70C when I was playing BF2 (monitored with Riva tuner.)

Back