Any Suggestions on My Cart?

I am about to checkout with my first water cooling build. My budget is $600 for water cooling the GPU and CPU.

Have any suggestions?

The EVGA 1080ti sits idle at 75c load when playing BF1 on max fan.
CPU was de-lidded and re-lidded. Temps do not exceed 75c @ 5ghz 1.325v with h115i.

CASE: NZXTS340 ELITE
CPU: 7700K @ 5GHZ
GPU: EVGA 1080 TI FOUNDERS
FANS: 2X RIING 12, 4X RIING 14

IG6S6bz.png

MY CURRENT BUILD

YUTyiy7.jpg

Last edited:
Holy caps Batman! And wow, that RGB :p

I don't know what your exact plans are or if you are going to reuse any parts.

I wonder if one bottle of EK coolant is enough. They only make 1L when mixed. Most loops will need a little more coolant than that. (I used three bottles with mine, but I have a huge reservoir and had a little left over)

Seriously, get rid of the caps.

I use about half a gallon in my loop, which is just under 2 L. My loop is bigger than most though.

Hi, and thanks for the replies.

Sorry about the caps. I went ahead and tossed a second bottle of liquid in the cart. 2L should be enough, hopefully. I plan on reusing my Riing fans. i also changed out the radiators for thickers ones.

I guess my question is, would this custom loop be able to perform in line with the H115i and a separate make shift EVGA Hybrid AIO cooler (performance gain is similar as the EVGA 1080 hybrid - see pic for idea).
b0SCS6A.png

Less rainbow for you Zarathustra :)
52ngLR4.jpg

Hi, and thanks for the replies.

Sorry about the caps. I went ahead and tossed a second bottle of liquid in the cart. 2L should be enough, hopefully. I plan on reusing my Riing fans. i also changed out the radiators for thickers ones.

I guess my question is, would this custom loop be able to perform in line with the H115i and a separate make shift EVGA Hybrid AIO cooler (performance gain is similar as the EVGA 1080 hybrid - see pic for idea).
b0SCS6A.png

Less rainbow for you Zarathustra :)
52ngLR4.jpg

I think this plan should outperform the AIO separates you mention.

CPU will likely be pretty similar. (It's tough to get better CPU performance than a good AIO) but the GPU ought to run way cooler, even than it does under an AIO mod.

With the two radiators in the same loop you have done inherent gains. Both CPU and GPU rarely run at max at the same time, so when they don't they benefit from the extra radiator capacity in the loop.

^^ what he said.

It is very hard to get better than CLCs or top end air temps on CPUs. The component that benefits the most from watercooling is the GPU. GPU CLCs do not watercool the entire GPU board, with custom watercooling, you cool the GPU, VRMs and RAM at the same time while getting better temps all around.

Back