any SQL Admins?

lone wolf

Gawd
Hello All,

I have Windows Sharepoint Services 2.0 utilizing a MS SQL database. On Friday I had a user delete one of the most important spreadsheets in my company. Normally this would not be an issue, just detach the current DB and then copy over the backup and restore the file. Challenge is, the backup has failed so I don't have that to rely on.

So before I shell out 260 bux to microsoft support, wanted to ask here.

Is the file still in the SQL database somewhere, just renamed or something, or is it deleted permentely? I know that the windows sharepoint services 3.0 does have a recycle bin feature, but not 2.0. so I am hoping this hasn't been permentely deleted.

thanks in advance!

No. All backup jobs on this server have failed. I don't know if upgrading to WSS 3.0 to utilize the recycle bin feature will work or not.

Unless you have a SQL or system backup somewhere with that file still on it, you are screwed. It's gone.

well there is a happy ending to this story.

I was resigned to the fact that I was not able to retrieve the file. But I took a last crack at it and found it stashed in an old backup that I had made on another server while testing a new version of sharepoint.

thank god for DFS....

Back