Any solid micro-ATX power supplies out there?

SamuraiInBlack

Supreme [H]ardness
Finally getting around to building a basic system as a test rig/playaround box out of an old HP a friend gave me. Original PSU died, took everything with it. I have a spare hard drive and DVD drive to put into it, so I'll be buying new everything else. I'm probably not going to invest past $600 in total. Will be buying a new board, ram, CPU, and heatsink. Most likely going with an onboard graphics solution initially, but i might throw in a budget vidcard for Folding purposes lateron.

I don't want to end up putting in a deathtrap of a PSU in it. Not finding too many JonnyGURU or [H] type reviews out there for micro-ATX PSU's, so I'm somewhat hesitant to just pick one at random.

Any recommendations?

Depending on space, if you could find a good used Shuttle PSU, I'd bet that would do the trick.

They tend to have 250W and generally can handle more. Check eBay. I bought one a while ago to power a modded XBox 360.

OEM refurbished from Dell, HP, or Gateway? Sometimes they offer more than one brand for each model, in which case the best choices are probably Delta, Lite-On, Newton, Seasonic, Astec, Fortron-Source (FSP), Etasis, NMB.

Back