• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Any solid micro-ATX power supplies out there?

SamuraiInBlack

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Oct 10, 2003
Messages
5,774
Finally getting around to building a basic system as a test rig/playaround box out of an old HP a friend gave me. Original PSU died, took everything with it. I have a spare hard drive and DVD drive to put into it, so I'll be buying new everything else. I'm probably not going to invest past $600 in total. Will be buying a new board, ram, CPU, and heatsink. Most likely going with an onboard graphics solution initially, but i might throw in a budget vidcard for Folding purposes lateron.

I don't want to end up putting in a deathtrap of a PSU in it. Not finding too many JonnyGURU or [H] type reviews out there for micro-ATX PSU's, so I'm somewhat hesitant to just pick one at random.

Any recommendations?
 
Depending on space, if you could find a good used Shuttle PSU, I'd bet that would do the trick.

They tend to have 250W and generally can handle more. Check eBay. I bought one a while ago to power a modded XBox 360.
 
OEM refurbished from Dell, HP, or Gateway? Sometimes they offer more than one brand for each model, in which case the best choices are probably Delta, Lite-On, Newton, Seasonic, Astec, Fortron-Source (FSP), Etasis, NMB.
 
Back
Top