Any Pentium-IV boards with an ISA slot?

dderidex

Supreme [H]ardness
Looking at building a system that needs an ISA slot (work requires I use a legacy Intel Dialogic board - only comes ISA). So far, best system I have come up with is an Abit KT7A paired with an AXP of some variety. Limiting me to SDR, basically, and 133mhz FSB is probably as high as it'll go.

Is there anything in the Pentium world that would work, here? Ideally, looking for a DDR motherboard that has an ISA slot?

Interesting find, which gives me hope.

However, you are right:
Price IS a little high. :eek:
No AGP slot

Although this box is going to live strictly as a web/fileserver for the immediate future, someday I'd like to make a pretty basic gaming machine out of it. Right now, I'm looking at an Abit KT7A motherboard & AthlonXP '2000+' & 512mb of ram & ATX case for less than the price of that motherboard!

(My box will shortly have a GeForce FX 5900 in it - eventually, when I want to make this a 'gaming system' plus server, I'll probably add another 512mb of ram, move my FX 5900 over to it, and buy an LCD monitor for it....many months off, though)

look into server boards, as they tend to have good supposrt for isa. Also they will probably be epensive and have no AGP support

i think they also make pci/isa expansion boxes, if work is picking up the tab you could try that route

fugu said:
i think they also make pci/isa expansion boxes, if work is picking up the tab you could try that route
There are a lot of nice things about working for a small company.

There are also a lot of NOT nice things.

When you want to upgrade your box, for example, you can do it without getting anybody's approval. This is a 'nice thing'. You, however, have to foot the bill yourself. A 'NOT nice thing'.

Which is why reasonable cost is important.

Looks like I'll probably just go the AMD route. SDRAM can't be THAT bad on a system this 'old'. It's not like I'm trying to build "the ultimate Far Cry box" or something.

Back