• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Any MOSFET coolers?

known12345

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 17, 2007
Messages
311
Does anyone know of a mosfet cooler that is compatible with an ABIT IP35-E? Ive looked at thermalright products but they arent compatible with the IP35-E =(. Does anyone know of a mosfet cooler that is?
 
eh ? :confused: I know of no air cooled one.

I think the stock one should be more than sufficient if any air hits it. Maybe you have an older board without it or are doing something very special ?

http://www.uabit.com/images/products/large_images/ip35-e_top_500.jpg

The the blue HS just above the CPU cooler. Nice and beefy and if you (like me) want to be crazy about it, take it off, redo/check the thermal paste/pads looking for poor contact footprints and upgrade the mounting hardware to get some decent clamping pressure. If you really want to make it work well, take something like a piece of 1/4 inch thick polycarbonate plastic (something rigid and strong but fairly thin and non-conductive) and make a backplate for the stock sink to reduce board flex in that area that might be preventing the mosfets from contacting the sink properly. That is basically what you would need to do a proper job to mount an aftermarket sink anyway, if you could find one, so just do it and dont waste money on an un-needed new heatsink. :p

Mosfets run hot and are made to stand it.
 
I think your right that the stock one is very good if air hits it but unfortunate I have a TRUE120 in there and I cant fit a fan =( though I remember when I had an AF7 Pro I could semi put a 120 fan and it did help tremendously .

Yup I did take it off, clean it up a bit, put some arctic ceramic, install better bolts for more pressure though I did not put some polycarbonate plastic as a bookplate =(. Hmm I might try to look into that

Your last line, had to be the most eye opening. I never actually gave it much thought the mosfets are designed to deal with alot more heat, atleast more so then practically every other part so they deserve a little more lenience then for other parts (cpu, gpu, NB, SB). Ill see if I can maneuver a fan in the area to fit though Ill put moseffet cooling lower on my list on things to cool properly.

Thank you very much Bill for the help/insight.
 
I figured you had some special stuff going on but as usual I try to cover all the bases for others that read the treads later on.

Dont want to side track you, yes Mosfets will run all day and night at 80C (most rated for 120C) but cooler is better for long life. The mods you made are great for helping ensure that board lasts a long time. If you do find something better it certainly will not hurt to go with it but I have not seen any other than water blocks.
 
Back
Top